SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Maligator Takes Down Felon
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maligator Takes Down Felon Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
So, to summarizer:

In order of things you don't want to happen if'n you is a crook.

There is Less (than) Lethal
There is Lethal
There is Maligator

Got it.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43920 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigforall:
quote:
Must be because if he stays on for 8 seconds, you got to give him a belt buckle.

Internet win for today! Big Grin

LOL!

Agreed.

"Good job, buddy." Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
In the retriever world, we call that "hard mouth". BwaHahahaha

Same in the Dobie world Wink

Bwaaahaaahahaha ! Big Grin

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
A lot of these dogs have lost their teeth over the years due to constant training and biting, so the vet installs STEEL replacement teeth, and boy do they work!!

We need Ulsterman to step in and tell us how that is working out for his mini Doxie that was tearing up the 'yotes...

What was that about "size of the fight" ? Wink

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those dogs are just aching to chase someone, aren't they?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
They dream about it at night, like you dream of hookers and blow. Razz

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Those dogs are just aching to chase someone, aren't they?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I love seeing Mals during the course of my job, but I’ll never ask to pet one.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Serious question.

Once the dog has been released, how does one surrender to an officer and his K-9 in order to submit without being bitten?

Fooss!!! Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8857 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Is it bad of me I found that so funny?

I like that dog, he wasn't biting. He just bit and held on. Good doggy!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19707 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
HayesGreener, thank you very much.

That kind of training was my understanding based on conversations with professionals, and your explanation implies the answer to my concern.

To fine tune my inquiry, if the officer has lost sight of the canine and the subject, and does not issue a recall,

is there anything the subject can do to surrender to the canine, without a bite, before the officer arrives?

Hands on head? Prone out?

The dog is going to grab and hold. How bad you get bitten depends on how much you resist.
Last year the Orange County Sheriff's Department suspended (with pay) four officers pending investigation when all four of their bodycams miraculously malfunctioned at the exact same time and went black while chasing a suspect who'd beaten and shot a fellow officer. Apparently two K9's were used in apprehending the scumbag, who afterward, looked like a chew toy. Later, all four officers received a slap on the wrist and are back at work.

Written policies are one thing, but as I've been told by multiple officers, things can and do go a bit different in the field. Again, what I've been told, when one of their K9 officers release their dog, they rarely if ever attempt to call them off before the dog makes contact.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I was just about to ask the same question. I was laughing the whole time the dog was "detaining" the perp and he was crying like a bitch.

quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Is it bad of me I found that so funny?

I like that dog, he wasn't biting. He just bit and held on. Good doggy!

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
good job Rambo

he needs a new chew toy

He will have one the next time somebody runs Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Rambo was holding, not biting. BIG difference. You would have seen a lot of blood and some raggedy holes on bad guy if that Mal was really workin' it. I wore the bite suit a few times, and I know the difference. and I got 13 stitches worth of chomp from a GSD who was about to work his way up my arm.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Ow! Ow! Ow! And Ow! And also, Ow!

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:
Serious question.

Once the dog has been released, how does one surrender to an officer and his K-9 in order to submit without being bitten?

Fooss!!! Big Grin

Imagine a K9 handler with a HEAVY southern/texas accent...A buddy of mine was a US Army MP/K9 handler with a texas accent. It was hilarious to hear him training with his K9. When he gave the commands he would pick up a fake German accent in Texan (Texas accent) no less.

Some K9s and Schutzhund dogs are trained to "Automatic Out" as well as out (Aus) on command. An Automatic Out is when the dog will release when the subject stops resisting/struggling. I cannot imagine how you could stop resisting when you've got a MaliGator attached to your body. If/when the dog does perform the automatic out, they are trained to bark and hold. A bark and hold is basically what it sounds like. The dog barks at the dirtbag until Daddy (the K9 Officer or the dog's handler) gets there.

I too have worn the bite sleave on ocassion when training Schutzhund. The club I belonged to was 90% Rottweilers. Imagine having your back to the blind (like 1/2 a teepee) with a 100 pound Rottie doing a bark and hold...He/she is likely drooling, usually in an almost sit but with their ass bouncing off the ground in rythem with their bark AND that big ol' bucket heat at CROTCH level inches away from the twig and berries. Big Grin BTDT

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Those poor pups probably had to lick their butts just to get the taste of asshole out of their mouths!

Good dog! Big Grin

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Good boy Big Grin

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:
Serious question.

Fooss!!! Big Grin

Imagine a K9 handler with a HEAVY southern/texas accent...A buddy of mine was a US Army MP/K9 handler with a texas accent. It was hilarious to hear him training with his K9. When he gave the commands he would pick up a fake German accent in Texan (Texas accent) no less.

Some K9s and Schutzhund dogs are trained to "Automatic Out" as well as out (Aus) on command. An Automatic Out is when the dog will release when the subject stops resisting/struggling. I cannot imagine how you could stop resisting when you've got a MaliGator attached to your body. If/when the dog does perform the automatic out, they are trained to bark and hold. A bark and hold is basically what it sounds like. The dog barks at the dirtbag until Daddy (the K9 Officer or the dog's handler) gets there.

I too have worn the bite sleave on ocassion when training Schutzhund. The club I belonged to was 90% Rottweilers. Imagine having your back to the blind (like 1/2 a teepee) with a 100 pound Rottie doing a bark and hold...He/she is likely drooling, usually in an almost sit but with their ass bouncing off the ground in rythem with their bark AND that big ol' bucket heat at CROTCH level inches away from the twig and berries. Big Grin BTDT

Thank you for this post. Big Grin

Slight drift: my high school German class trip to Germany in 1975, and I got lost trying to find the subway back to the hotel. Very fortunately, a nice group of students from the great state of Texas got me back on track. I absolutely loved their wonderful accents whilst speaking Deutsch . . .

Wie gehts, y'all? Es geht *miiiirrr* gut. Big Grin

It was glorious !

Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
I hope they brushed the dog's teeth after that.[/QUOTE
I was always told that's why a police dog licks his ass, to get that taste out of his mouth.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post