SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Maligator Takes Down Felon
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maligator Takes Down Felon Login/Join 
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted
This happened in my neck of the woods. Enjoy!

Link

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
I hope they brushed the dog's teeth after that.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Serious question.

Once the dog has been released, how does one surrender to an officer and his K-9 in order to submit without being bitten?

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I love puppies!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Man, that’s one fine huntin’ dawg. Big Grin

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Woof!

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Once the dog has been released, how does one surrender to an officer and his K-9 in order to submit without being bitten?

I think you are pretty much fucked at that point - you gonna get bit.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Think I'd have gotten Rambo a drink of water, then taken the cuffs off ole Andre, and told him...Ding,ding,ding...Round 2...RUN!

If you wanna hear something retarded, the sheriff's officers here have to write an additional 'justification' report if one of their dogs is allowed to stay on the garbage they're chasing for more than 6 seconds (have no idea where that 6 second number came from). Since they all wear body cams, management has a way to monitor how long the dogs are on scumbags. As I've mentioned to the K9 guys I've met, I'm good with six minutes. Six seconds, not so much.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Serious question.

The handler can call the dog off while it is en route to the bad guy, either verbally or with help from a shock collar. The dog will generally either down in place or return to the handler.

Posts: 312 | Location: California | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
i love how he hooked him up and THEN pulled the dog off...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4ftty4:
quote:
Serious question.

The handler can call the dog off while it is en route to the bad guy, either verbally or with help from a shock collar. The dog will generally either down in place or return to the handler.
Interesting. The sheriff's department dogs here, once released, are going to make contact with the fleeing scumbag. The officers are taught to wait as long as possible to give the scumbag an opportunity to give up, but when they perceive that isn't going to happen and release the dog, said scumbag is gonna git chewed on.

If you're stupid enough to try and run from one of these dogs after the handler has made you aware of the situation, you damn sure deserve to get bit.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good boy

Posts: 107722 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
One of our K9s visited the Comm Center the other day and bit a Dispatcher.

He was holding a paw up and she thought he wanted to shake. Actually paw was injured (unknown to handler) and when she went for it he snapped her.

Nice ragged double laceration/tear on back of hand in the web between thumb and forefinger.

He is our newest dog, and this was his first bite Big Grin

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10953 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by 4ftty4:
quote:
Serious question.

Interesting. The sheriff's department dogs here, once released, are going to make contact with the fleeing scumbag. The officers are taught to wait as long as possible to give the scumbag an opportunity to give up, but when they perceive that isn't going to happen and release the dog, said scumbag is gonna git chewed on.

If you're stupid enough to try and run from one of these dogs after the handler has made you aware of the situation, you damn sure deserve to get bit.

Ayup. We had a Witmer-Tyson canine and did monthly recurrent training with three local agencies that had WT dogs. Got to talk to a lot of the guys in some detail. All the dogs are trained to call off and must to pass the POST and go to work. However, the real reason for the calloff is for the fellow officer who gets a little too excited (or is a dummy) and gets between the dog and the perp. The perp gets a lot of warnings, probably too many, before the dog is sent. Once the dog is sent on the perp, he is gonna get bit. He earned it, now he is gonna get it. It is only fair. I mean the dogs train and train and train and most of them don’t get near enough real bites.

Posts: 6924 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
He didn't look too happy about letting go.

Good Boy!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15271 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
He didn't look too happy about letting go.

Good Boy!

I thought that too. “Aw, come on boss, just a little bit longer!” Wink

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Think I'd have gotten Rambo a drink of water, then taken the cuffs off ole Andre, and told him...Ding,ding,ding...Round 2...RUN!

If you wanna hear something retarded, the sheriff's officers here have to write an additional 'justification' report if one of their dogs is allowed to stay on the garbage they're chasing for more than 6 seconds (have no idea where that 6 second number came from). Since they all wear body cams, management has a way to monitor how long the dogs are on scumbags. As I've mentioned to the K9 guys I've met, I'm good with six minutes. Six seconds, not so much.

Must be because if he stays on for 8 seconds, you got to give him a belt buckle. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3765 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
good job Rambo

he needs a new chew toy

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53228 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
He was hollerin like it hurt. OMG, hope I'm not being cruel if I find the humor in that.. Big Grin. Wish we could have seen when he first locked on. Those dogs seem laser fast.

Posts: 17920 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Serious question.

I think, in practice, if the dog is put into action, the perp is going to get chomped on. It's not like the dogs get let loose until the bad guy does something other than surrender peacefully.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post