SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread.
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread. Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Expecting decent or even proper behavior from a Democrat is wishful thinking.

The difference between us is now great enough that it’s become very easy to consider democrats as non-Americans.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
The difference between us is now great enough that it’s be one very easy to consider democrats as non-Americans.

Oh I've though this for a while. Being able to get a passport does not make you an American. These people are not my friends, not my neighbors, and certainly not my countrymen.

After she is confirmed I expect Roberts to drop the facade and vote firmly with he leftist wing on the court from now on. No need for him to pretend anymore.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Romney on the floor today reconfirming his support for Barrett.

And Susan Collins yesterday stated her intention to vote NO. Looks like McConnell will have 52 senators voting YES.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16702 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'll be tuning into some channel to watch this tonight Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Romney on the floor today reconfirming his support for Barrett.

And Susan Collins yesterday stated her intention to vote NO. Looks like McConnell will have 52 senators voting YES.

Just shut up and vote, Pierre Delecto. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnOzA-VduSc

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
It's circumstances like this that really show how off the rails DC has gotten. Strictly 'along party lines' voting.

You mean there isn't one, not one single Dem, who thinks ACB isn't a good nomination for the court? Not one?

When you're willing to vote 'No'/reject, even when you know it's not the right thing to do...shameful.

$.02 worth.

Boss

The Dems stick together, no matter what the consequence. Lock step. I do like how the right party allows some latitude, but there are sometimes they just need to join together for the good of the party. There's a few that need a good kick in the ass.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Romney on the floor today reconfirming his support for Barrett...

Does he want a medal for this? Voting for Barrett is the absolute minimum he should be doing for his party and the people of Utah, as well as the nation.

Mittens doesn't need to brag about simply showing up for work.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

The optic alone of Judge Thomas swearing in Judge Barrett is the equivelant to Democrats of sticking a crucifix in the face of a vampire!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what time is she getting confirmed?

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
9pm at the White House.

I want to watch the actual vote.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
What time is the vote scheduled?

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

The Senate vote is expected to take place around 7:30 p.m. but could be later depending on the success of the Democrats’ efforts to delay the proceedings

https://nypost.com/2020/10/26/...firmation-vote-live/

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
It's circumstances like this that really show how off the rails DC has gotten. Strictly 'along party lines' voting.

You mean there isn't one, not one single Dem, who thinks ACB isn't a good nomination for the court? Not one?

When you're willing to vote 'No'/reject, even when you know it's not the right thing to do...shameful.

$.02 worth.

Boss
It's rampant cowardice. You and I both know there are at least a few Dem's who would vote for ACB if it weren't for their cowardice in the face of Pelosi and the loud mouth moronic 'squad'. The entire country can burn, but these people will not stand up and say enough is enough.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's rampant cowardice. You and I both know there are at least a few Dem's who would vote for ACB if it weren't for their cowardice in the face of Pelosi and the loud mouth moronic 'squad'. The entire country can burn, but these people will not stand up and say enough is enough.

The above may be true, but if the house swings to the Republican party next Tuesday, much of this will be due to Democratic extremism and obvious self serving Dem lawmakers. If this works out in our favor, then I am all for the Dems making fools of themselves.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Lindsey Graham talking at 656p

Now Schumer talking. what a prick
At this point I don't care what any DEM says. They all lie. They all lie every time they speak. It is useless to listen to them (except to then point out their lies)

Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Now Schumer talking. what a prick

Hurt my ears, had to come back here.

Posts: 1348 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
WSJ columnist Kimberley Strassel on ACB hearings last week: She opined that the Senators of both parties didn’t quite know what to think of ACB as she did not fit into any of their pre-conceived molds of a woman. She is a conservative, a Catholic, and a mother. She was smarter than any Senator on the committee. They sensed that they weren’t qualified to probe her legal acumen, so they resorted to personal questions. Folksy Senator Kennedy from Louisiana asked her "Who does the laundry in your family?"

Do you remember what Judge Antonin Scalia answered when asked that question?

HE WASN’T ASKED THAT QUESTION!

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Now Schumer talking what a prick
Yep. Cannot fast-forward live streaming video. At least we're done with Hirono and Klobuchar ...

And Whitehouse's conspiracy theories. Did you hear Senator Graham [I think it was] reference wall charts with red yarn connecting the dots? Wink

Schumer spoke until 7:23pm ET. Mitch McConnell is up and will speak his full time.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
McConnell talking 725p

Barrett will be the only Justice not from Harvard or Yale
The only Justice w school age children
It's a "national crisis" when a Republican president makes a SC nomination.

We want judges to stick to the limited role that they have been assigned.

What the DEMs want is activist judges. No matter what the Constitution and law says.

No Senate rules have been broken. The louder they scream, the less accurate they are.

If they keep repeating "illegitimate" , does that make it true ?

Ruth Ginsburg said "nine" is the right number.

DEMs: Rule how we want, or we will destroy the court