SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread.
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread. Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Lindsay ignored the Dems boycott of the proceedings and held the committee vote - going to the floor!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
going to the floor!

I wish they could hold the final vote today... but McConnell knows what he's doing.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Monday we will be able to have the thread title changed to "The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread"! Smile

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Happy where this is going, ACB has earned this and Monday it will be Justice ACB. Trump, McConnell have shown they know what they are doing - as usual.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Hopefully Monday we will be able to have the thread title changed to "The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread"! Smile

Remind me. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Love the way the Committee Republicans handled this.

Looking forward to Monday!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Lindsay ignored the Dems boycott of the proceedings and held the committee vote - going to the floor!

Does anyone now doubt that the boycott was nothing more than a desperate admission of helplessness?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Apparently Schumer and many of the Dem's ran to their media lackies to get in front of cameras while the committee was meeting. I second a comment from above...these people are truly children and should never have access to power on any level.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

To my knowledge, there has never been a boycott like this before. Hell, after dragging Kavanaugh through a shitshow, the Democrats in the committee at least gave him a reach-around and voted no.

Democrats have zero honor, and zero ethics.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
...Democrats have zero honor, and zero ethics.

That’s the understatement of the century.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Murkowski is still saying the nomination should not be brought to the floor. Not saying how she will vote though. I believe the three question marks have always been Romney, Murkowski, and Collins. Romney is a yes so even if her and Collins vote no Barret is good. Not to mention McConnell has said he has the votes so she is just playing politics. Man I hope the good people of Alaska dump her next election.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
quote:
...Democrats have zero honor, and zero ethics.
That’s the understatement of the century.

Even still ... if the odds gave a high enough return [100::1 ??] I'd lay $20 Feinstein breaks ranks and votes to confirm. Seriously, what is the point of flat-out party line rejection.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Even still ... if the odds gave a high enough return [100::1 ??] I'd lay $20 Feinstein breaks ranks and votes to confirm. Seriously, what is the point of flat-out party line rejection.

There's is a zero chance, a big fat zero, that Feinstein votes to confirm Barrett. Zero. In fact, there's a better chance of me dying of the Wuhan than of any single democrat voting to confirm 50BMG. Even Joe Manchin likely won't vote to confirm.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Manchin is a 'no' vote because it's not an election year and he knows they have the votes. It's politically expedient for him to vote against. He was a 'yes' on Kavanaugh because he was up for reelection. I'd bet money that Trump said he wouldn't campaign against him if he voted yes.

I just don't see him staying an elected democrat in WV though for much longer. That state is pretty red and is going to want someone more conservative (not to mention his gun stance).

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seriously, what is the point of flat-out party line rejection?

Well, that's how Republicans have always approached a President's nominees.
When Ruth Bader Ginsburg was confirmed on August 3, 1993 there were 96 YEAs, 3 NAYs and 1 Not Voting. The Republicans knew she would be a very liberal judge who would oppose them at every turn, but they voted for her based on the fact that she was qualified.

But Democrats have declared war on you, me and the Constitution. They want it to be whatever they want it to be at the moment, or even not to exist at all. They see the Court as a 'Super-legislature' to push through their agenda if they can't get it legislatively.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Murkowski is still saying the nomination should not be brought to the floor. Not saying how she will vote though. I believe the three question marks have always been Romney, Murkowski, and Collins.

Romney is in, no doubt. Murkowski will likely take the coward's route and vote "present" like she did for Kavanaugh. Collins is a crap shoot. But doesn't matter because McConnell has the votes.

It helps that the Republicans picked up two Senate seats since the Kavanaugh shitshow.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just want this confirmation over with and DONE......so I can take a big breath!!

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Whatever Romney isn't he is pro life and he knows so is Barrett. He would not miss the chance to put her on the SC hoping one day Roe could get over turned.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Man I hope the good people of Alaska dump her next election.

We've tried. Election fraud isn't just a democrat tactic. She's weaseled her way through multiple elections, partially because the Republican Party of Alaska won't run anyone against her, and then the Dems put some freak on the ballot that no one, even the democraps will vote for. Murkowski loses primaries, and somehow still wins in a write-in campaign. It's nuts. We'll probably only get rid of her Knopp/Stevens/Begich style. Use google...aviation "accidents" seem to be Alaska's way of implementing term limits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Murkowski is still saying the nomination should not be brought to the floor. Not saying how she will vote though. I believe the three question marks have always been Romney, Murkowski, and Collins.

Romney is in, no doubt. Murkowski will likely take the coward's route and vote "present" like she did for Kavanaugh. Collins is a crap shoot. But doesn't matter because McConnell has the votes.

It helps that the Republicans picked up two Senate seats since the Kavanaugh shitshow.

I don't trust Romney any more than I trust Justice John Roberts.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post