SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whole household very sick…
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whole household very sick… Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted
If you’re the praying type can you please keep me and my family in mind? All five of us (my wife and I and all three kids (4, 6, and 9) have been fighting a flu for a couple days. It’s the sickest we’ve ever been, and with all of us down at once, it’s pretty intense.

Thank you.

Posts: 6377 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Sure. Praying for all to have a swift recovery.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Wishing & praying for an expeditious recovery. Back when we all had the China flu the teenagers were hardy sick. Depending on what may be near, could be a more standard flu, or similar.

I’m no doctor but I like to start with rest, hydration, then if they help, meds to alleviate. With kids sometimes it takes more enjoyable hydration besides plain water.

Posts: 6176 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Prayers and best wishes sent.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1490 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Prayers for y’all.

Posts: 26937 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
That sucks. The kids will bounce back fast. We’ll be praying for you.

Posts: 11008 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
You got it. Keep us informed.

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Done. Sorry to hear it.

April had every person in our house dealing with 2 plus weeks of nasty non Covid respiratory viruses. We all eventually got past it but it was a rotten experience.

Posts: 3161 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sure it’s the flu & not Covid? Zinc, D3 & plenty of Acetaminophen supplements as well as prayers my friend Smile

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent……could be covid as has been mentioned……but, as a career fireman another thought comes to my mind immediately….an entire family with a sudden onset at the same time of flu-like symptoms raises a red flag for me…. Carbon monoxide poisoning/exposure can mimic those symptoms at lower levels….easy to rule out…have your FD meter the house and see if there is any CO….at lower levels it may not trip a home detector but the FD has real-time meters that detect any level. Of course, if there are fevers involved it lessens my suspicion but still……

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your swift recovery.

Please consider consulting your actual physician, who knows your family's history. Flu can be dangerous on its own.

Best regards,

Mike (Molecular Biologist / Immunologist)

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the best for the full and quick recovery!

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for my still stuck in California friends.

I hear the Bay Area is having a spike in omicron. Wife and I had it in January felt like death for about 3 days felt just like the flu.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
Prayers sent……could be covid as has been mentioned……but, as a career fireman another thought comes to my mind immediately….an entire family with a sudden onset at the same time of flu-like symptoms raises a red flag for me…. Carbon monoxide poisoning/exposure can mimic those symptoms at lower levels….easy to rule out…have your FD meter the house and see if there is any CO….at lower levels it may not trip a home detector but the FD has real-time meters that detect any level. Of course, if there are fevers involved it lessens my suspicion but still……

This was my first thought as well.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
The flu… Influenza is a respiratory infection.

Many people commonly call gastroenteritis e.g. from a Norovirus/rotavirus “the flu“.

Very different things. Also Covid-19 is derived from an influenza virus, SARS covid.

Agree with the firefighters as well.

Would be super helpful if you knew what y’all actually got.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. The youngest kids are on the mend this morning, as is my wife. The older children and myself still need a bit more time.

I do know several fire fighters and can reach out, though I don’t think it is the issue due to high fevers among all of us and we have been Windows open and house fan on, so a constant stream of fresh air has been flowing.

But I can ask one of my buddies to swing by.

I did consult with a doctor friend who said his guess is gastroenteritis, but he’s several states away and obviously can’t perform an exam.

Posts: 6377 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent.

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent THumper....

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the_sandman_454:
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:

This was my first thought as well.
Same here.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post