SIGforum
Whole household very sick…

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8060028194

May 06, 2022, 04:27 AM
thumperfbc
Whole household very sick…
If you’re the praying type can you please keep me and my family in mind? All five of us (my wife and I and all three kids (4, 6, and 9) have been fighting a flu for a couple days. It’s the sickest we’ve ever been, and with all of us down at once, it’s pretty intense.

Thank you.
May 06, 2022, 04:33 AM
flashguy
Sure. Praying for all to have a swift recovery.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
May 06, 2022, 04:56 AM
sourdough44
Wishing & praying for an expeditious recovery. Back when we all had the China flu the teenagers were hardy sick. Depending on what may be near, could be a more standard flu, or similar.

I’m no doctor but I like to start with rest, hydration, then if they help, meds to alleviate. With kids sometimes it takes more enjoyable hydration besides plain water.
May 06, 2022, 05:42 AM
ragman
Prayers and best wishes sent.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin
May 06, 2022, 06:11 AM
arfmel
Prayers for y’all.
May 06, 2022, 06:24 AM
trapper189
That sucks. The kids will bounce back fast. We’ll be praying for you.
May 06, 2022, 06:30 AM
rsbolo
Prayers sent.

May 06, 2022, 06:48 AM
mark123
You got it. Keep us informed.
May 06, 2022, 07:39 AM
divil
Done. Sorry to hear it.

April had every person in our house dealing with 2 plus weeks of nasty non Covid respiratory viruses. We all eventually got past it but it was a rotten experience.
May 06, 2022, 08:02 AM
CQB60
Sure it’s the flu & not Covid? Zinc, D3 & plenty of Acetaminophen supplements as well as prayers my friend Smile

May 06, 2022, 08:46 AM
cgode
Prayers sent……could be covid as has been mentioned……but, as a career fireman another thought comes to my mind immediately….an entire family with a sudden onset at the same time of flu-like symptoms raises a red flag for me…. Carbon monoxide poisoning/exposure can mimic those symptoms at lower levels….easy to rule out…have your FD meter the house and see if there is any CO….at lower levels it may not trip a home detector but the FD has real-time meters that detect any level. Of course, if there are fevers involved it lessens my suspicion but still……

May 06, 2022, 08:50 AM
HKg3
Prayers for your swift recovery.

Please consider consulting your actual physician, who knows your family's history. Flu can be dangerous on its own.

Best regards,

Mike (Molecular Biologist / Immunologist)

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin
May 06, 2022, 10:09 AM
2PAK
All the best for the full and quick recovery!
May 06, 2022, 10:17 AM
ElToro
Prayers for my still stuck in California friends.

I hear the Bay Area is having a spike in omicron. Wife and I had it in January felt like death for about 3 days felt just like the flu.
May 06, 2022, 10:57 AM
the_sandman_454
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
Prayers sent……could be covid as has been mentioned……but, as a career fireman another thought comes to my mind immediately….an entire family with a sudden onset at the same time of flu-like symptoms raises a red flag for me…. Carbon monoxide poisoning/exposure can mimic those symptoms at lower levels….easy to rule out…have your FD meter the house and see if there is any CO….at lower levels it may not trip a home detector but the FD has real-time meters that detect any level. Of course, if there are fevers involved it lessens my suspicion but still……

This was my first thought as well.

-------------
$
May 06, 2022, 11:01 AM
SIGnified
The flu… Influenza is a respiratory infection.

Many people commonly call gastroenteritis e.g. from a Norovirus/rotavirus “the flu“.

Very different things. Also Covid-19 is derived from an influenza virus, SARS covid.

Agree with the firefighters as well.

Would be super helpful if you knew what y’all actually got.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
May 06, 2022, 12:28 PM
thumperfbc
Thanks all. The youngest kids are on the mend this morning, as is my wife. The older children and myself still need a bit more time.

I do know several fire fighters and can reach out, though I don’t think it is the issue due to high fevers among all of us and we have been Windows open and house fan on, so a constant stream of fresh air has been flowing.

But I can ask one of my buddies to swing by.

I did consult with a doctor friend who said his guess is gastroenteritis, but he’s several states away and obviously can’t perform an exam.
May 06, 2022, 12:48 PM
Sigfest
Prayer sent.
May 06, 2022, 04:15 PM
thomjb
Prayers sent THumper....

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member
May 06, 2022, 06:44 PM
Warhorse
quote:
Originally posted by the_sandman_454:
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:

This was my first thought as well.
Same here.