SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20)....
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could this be the start of something big? Ruth Ginsberg...(“Infection” this time 7/14/20).... Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
The next day court is in session, if RGB is a no show, DT should call a news conference and nominate immediately. Make them show the money!

Huh? She won't be the first elderly justice to hang on until the bitter end. In the meantime, we are stuck with it.

To show proof she's alive.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
The next day court is in session, if RGB is a no show, DT should call a news conference and nominate immediately. Make them show the money!

Huh? She won't be the first elderly justice to hang on until the bitter end. In the meantime, we are stuck with it.

To show proof she's alive.

Really? You think someone is hiding her death? That is some real tinfoil hat stuff. There's too much notoriety around a Supreme Court justice to hide that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
No, I think they're misrepresenting her condition, whatever it is. And if she passes, I wouldn't be surprised if they delay that announcement.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
All joking aside, when she dies, we'll all know fairly quickly.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Any idea on what the court does with votes and opinions she had "written" while alive but the full court's opinion not issued yet. Would her vote and opinion count or not??

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yes, they would.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Really? You think someone is hiding her death? That is some real tinfoil hat stuff. There's too much notoriety around a Supreme Court justice to hide that.

I wouldn't put anything past the Democrats right now, they've shown us daily how absolutely insane they've gone with Trump in office.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

I wouldn't put anything past the Democrats right now, they've shown us daily how absolutely insane they've gone with Trump in office.

They were willing to assist in presenting false evidence against Kavanaugh, and dispense with the presumption of innocence. The stakes were much lower in that case.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

I absolutely agree. Honestly, with all that has transpired in recent years with the Democratic party, IRS, DOJ, FBI, NSA, CIA and most other government entities, and the fact that the media is in bed with the Democrats, the truth could be slow to surface.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Apparently she just made a public appearance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.62b3fad6878c

If you'd prefer not to click on a WaPo article and give them revenue, the long and short of it is that she was at a production of "Notorious RBG in Song" production at the Museum of Women in Arts in Washington on Monday evening.

There were no pictures at the event so some doubt the authenticity, but whatever, it's a report, take it or leave it.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Franco was there too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Elvis, too.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Apparently she just made a public appearance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.62b3fad6878c

If you'd prefer not to click on a WaPo article and give them revenue, the long and short of it is that she was at a production of "Notorious RBG in Song" production at the Museum of Women in Arts in Washington on Monday evening.

There were no pictures at the event so some doubt the authenticity, but whatever, it's a report, take it or leave it.

That was posted on page 24.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I can understand the skepticism about RBG's appearance at the concert, since no one spoke with her and there are no photos. It was dark, reportedly, and no one mentioned seeing her make any movements, so there would be a remote possibility that "she" was a lifelike dummy place there. (I'm not supporting that theory, but I can understand it.)

I do agree that the Pro-Choice cabal would (will) do anything it could (can) to make it appear that she is still alive, at least for one more year. If they can keep her in SCOTUS until 2020 then they can use the (unenforceable) rule about not replacing a Justice during a Presidential election year.

flashguy

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
You guys are crazy and breathed too much of your own fumes. No way anyone could hide the death of a justice for more than a few hours or a day. I'll bet any sum you care to name.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
You guys are crazy and breathed too much of your own fumes. No way anyone could hide the death of a justice for more than a few hours or a day. I'll bet any sum you care to name.

This for sure. It is within the realm of possibility that she could comatose however. Even that would be difficult to keep quiet for any length of time.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
The former president releases a fake created birth certificate without consequences, and you assume NO! games will be played with RBG's health or demise.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
The former president releases a fake created birth certificate without consequences, and you assume NO! games will be played with RBG's health or demise.

What are you imagining? That she croaks, and "they" just cram her body into a freezer for the time being?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
I dont know she’s expired but I would absolutely believe that she’s gravely ill, perhaps even on life support. I absolutely believe the dems will pull any stunt to avoid another nomination short of hiding a death certificate. They made a big deal that she never went n days without showing up, then n+1, n+2, then radio silence.

Pure speculation but I don’t believe the theater sighting for a second.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
As many have already said, while it is unlikely that Ginsburgs death could be concealed for long, a vegetative state that allows her to be hidden in seclusion in virtual limbo is a distinct possibility I would not put past the criminal left.

If she continues to “work from home”, I’d personally be inclined to want proof of competency before believing all is well. I absolutely believe the left is capable of milking that particular cow. Leftists would demand it were the situation reversed.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post