SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Neighbors Letting Their Dog Use Our Yard To Poop In: How To Handle?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Neighbors Letting Their Dog Use Our Yard To Poop In: How To Handle? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
He wrote in the OP "It’s not really feasible to put a fence up do to the layout," but, from the photo, I don't see why not.

A section of 4' high black vinyl-coated chain link between the two properties would probably do the trick and be relatively inconspicuous.

Or a 4' high section of white vinyl picket fence.

I'd stay away from land mines. Too indiscriminate.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
The neighbors on either side of me let their dogs poop, dig holes, leave trash, etc, anywhere they want, ( often in my front yard, ) so this thread is very useful, ( and entertaining ) to me.

While the electrified concertina wire sounds appealing, ( I wouldn't actually do that but my sometimes heavy sense of humor loves it! ) the electronic pest chaser device seems like a good way to go. I may start with the cayenne or bacon grease first.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
A couple to chocolate Ex-Lax wrapped in a piece of bacon and left in your yard. You'll hear the commotion the next morning as they drag their uncontrollably crapping dog outside.
Let's make something crystal clear- Never again do I want to see this type of comment from a member of this forum. I couldn't be more serious.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107608 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
OTOH it's a good reason to get your spousal unit to agree to a security camera system, that way you can record the dasturdly deeds and have proof for your neighbor or the city animal control folks that it's their dogs.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Check with your local City Gov., there may be laws about this with people with pets including cats not controlling their animals about this. A neighbor behind us allowed their "big" dog to pee and poop on the next door yard and the owner got pictures and called animal control and the neighbor was fined $100. the owner was told the next time it would be $300 and a third time the animal would taken from them.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
A couple to chocolate Ex-Lax wrapped in a piece of bacon and left in your yard. You'll hear the commotion the next morning as they drag their uncontrollably crapping dog outside.
Let's make something crystal clear- Never again do I want to see this type of comment from a member of this forum. I couldn't be more serious.

Cooking oil on bread or other food works also. The dogs system can't digest it,-----swoooosh.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Report This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
quote:
quote:

Cooking oil on bread or other food works also. The dogs system can't digest it,-----swoooosh.

You just quoted Para, saying he did not want to see this type of comment again, and yet you post the exact same type of comment?

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Sheesh!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
satch, explain yourself, please. I imagine that you didn't actually read my comments.

I'll tell ya what, guys- when you make these anonymous comments on the internet, you need to understand that you're not as anonymous as you may feel, and lawyers abound in this world. Figure it out, guys. Don't set yourself up for trouble. People love their pets, and they love to sue.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Uh... <looks at satch...> Srsly?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
He wrote in the OP "It’s not really feasible to put a fence up do to the layout," but, from the photo, I don't see why not.

A section of 4' high black vinyl-coated chain link between the two properties would probably do the trick and be relatively inconspicuous.

why not get some of the orange safety fence, to temporarily fence your property line. fence and post should be available from HD or lowes.

it may help start the conversation with your neighbor.

john

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
I cannot believe that people on this forum would recommend these cruel things to other's pets. It is not the dog's fault, it is the owner. I understand it is annoying when the dogs come and crap on your yard. Our pets are family, and are treated as such. They are our babies. We may need to put our beloved GSP down this week, so it pisses me off even more at this time that someone would comment to hurt the dogs.

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

With neighbors like that, I'd rather not see them. I'd just put up a 6' high solid white vinyl fence and be done with it, if talking to them nicely first doesn't fix the problem.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bean357:
I cannot believe that people on this forum would recommend these cruel things to other's pets. It is not the dog's fault, it is the owner. I understand it is annoying when the dogs come and crap on your yard. Our pets are family, and are treated as such. They are our babies. We may need to put our beloved GSP down this week, so it pisses me off even more at this time that someone would comment to hurt the dogs.

You don’t let your family members crap in other people’s yards, do you? I don’t condone cruelty in any form, but the bacon grease on turds and cayenne pepper sprinkled where it’s likely to happen isn’t cruelty. For one, dogs eat poop all the time. Theirs, another dog’s, another animal’s, or a human’s. Their system is built for it and they suffer no ill effects, given that it’s a healthy turd. They smell the cayenne powder before they snort it because they want to find the perfect place to lay a loaf and that always involves sniffing first.

I’m going to use both these methods going forward because I have caught neighbors letting their dogs shit on the edge of my lawn while walking them. It was fun pulling up in the drive one morning after dropping my son at school as I caught one of the main offenders with their poodle on a leash dropping a steamer about two feet into the lawn from the sidewalk as I got out and just stared at them silently while they flummoxed around for something to pick it up with.

Fuck that, the dog can either eat shit or sniff pepper flakes. I’m not stepping it anymore. If you can’t teach the owner, teach the pet. The dog ain’t gonna sue you for getting a snoot full of red-hot.

Posts: 17134 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
You don’t let your family members crap in other people’s yards, do you?
I can't rule it out entirely.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
You don’t let your family members crap in other people’s yards, do you?
Only if the neighbors steals my newspaper and trains their dog to shit in my yard Wink

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=055gPFJIx34

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
PAsig, any updates?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I've got a great story about unwanted dog-crapping, if you want to hear it? It's a mite long, but you might just like it. I won't post it until I hear back, 'kay?

Posts: 11327 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post