SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Neighbors Letting Their Dog Use Our Yard To Poop In: How To Handle?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Neighbors Letting Their Dog Use Our Yard To Poop In: How To Handle? Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
A couple to chocolate Ex-Lax wrapped in a piece of bacon and left in your yard. You'll hear the commotion the next morning as they drag their uncontrollably crapping dog outside.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Deposit on to front porch.

Posts: 3662 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
A couple to chocolate Ex-Lax wrapped in a piece of bacon and left in your yard. You'll hear the commotion the next morning as they drag their uncontrollably crapping dog outside.

I really hope that is in jest. The dog is not the one that is a problem it's the stupid, asshole owners. No need to cause the dog discomfort.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Talk to them first. If nothing gets better, burn their house down.

That is ridiculous. What if they rebuild the home and get more dogs to spite him?

Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
either Concertina wire or a fence depending on the message you want to send

posted Hide Post
There is an old saying:

"Good fences make good neighbors"

Think about it... you will make the right decision. Just don't get into a "pi____g" match. Flinging the poop will just make the situation worse.

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Be a good neighbor, even if they are not - talk to them first.

We have a situation in our community where a neighbor called the dog police about off leash activity on our own property. Wish he would have just approached to talk about the issue.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
how about some subtle sign language?

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My nephew, who lives next door, has the only nice lawn on the block that isn’t fenced. Naturally people let their dogs take a grumpy there-the dogs like it because there’s no grass burs and the owners like it because it’s shaded by big trees.

Neighborhood cats still like to crap in my yard, which is fenced with mesh a cat can fit through, but not a dog. Cats prefer to grunt where dogs cannot attack them by surprise.

Nephew and I should receive a stipend from the community for the service we are providing to the many animals that we are improving the lives of.

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Talk to them first letting them know you will call animal control. You may be able to have them pay half the cost of fence.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Report This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
The best way is to train the dog not to shit there.

Go to sams/Costco and buy a big ass container of cayenne powder, Spread it where they like to poop in your yard then also lay a trail by along the property line.

they will smell it long before they get close enough to sniff it in their nose and will go elsewhere.

Worked like a charm when we had the same problem.

I applied about every 2-3 days for 2 weeks and the dogs never showed up again.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I had a neighbor at my previous house who let his dog come poop in my side yard (I lived on a corner lot and the side yard could not be fenced due to restrictions). I mentioned to him that I had enough to do keep the poop cleaned up from my own dog and didn't appreciate having to clean up his dog's too. He laughed, thought it was funny.

Later, she came and pooped again. I got my shovel, scooped it up, walked it across the street and dumped it in his yard. He was outside and came over to ask me what I was doing. I responded that I was taking care of his dog's poop. He finally got the message and that ended the problem.

He was another-wise nice guy, but this part of his brain didn't compute. He didn't get that this was a problem until he faced having to scoop his own poop. Weird, but true.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I have seen assaults as well as a fatal shooting over stuff like this.

I'd call the local authorities, the Animal Control division. Find out what they might suggest.

A fence is probably your best bet as has already been said.

I lived with this for several years and my nearest neighbor is 100 yds away. Tried being decent about it and that didn't work. Ended up flinging the crap across the fence onto his property.

Finally the fucking dog died. Within 24 hrs he had another one...this one barks constantly.

I can't seem to catch a break.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Had a cross-street neighbor who let this go on with his shepherd. He stood in his yard and watched this. He wasn't super neighborly, but not a complete asshole. I mentioned it to him, noting we had a little girl who could be counted on to walk in or roll it and asked him to help out with that.

A month or so later after this hadn't improved and I walked out one morning to see it in action again, I strolled over for a chat. I offered up that I could train my lab to shit in an 8' circle in under a week and if he didn't get this under control it was going to be right where I was standing in his yard. So, suddenly I am the asshole, but at least he stopped the practice.

So, get a smart dog and weaponize it!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Another option.

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
The best way is to train the dog not to shit there.

Go to sams/Costco and buy a big ass container of cayenne powder, Spread it where they like to poop in your yard then also lay a trail by along the property line.

they will smell it long before they get close enough to sniff it in their nose and will go elsewhere.

Worked like a charm when we had the same problem.

I applied about every 2-3 days for 2 weeks and the dogs never showed up again.

+1. I like this approach. Once the dog gets a sniff or two of that pepper up his nose, he probably won't come back. Seems harmless, but what do I know, I don't even own a dog (allergic).

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Report This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Neighbor did the same thing. Who flung poo was my response. On their walls, on their cars and their patio. They got the idea and it stopped.

Yup.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'd talk to the parents, they may not know their kid is letting the dogs run to neighbors when he lets them out and maybe they will take care of it, kinda like when Ralphie ratted out Schwartz as the one who taught him the F---- word, you may hear some screams from the house.

Otherwise a nice chain link fence or even a privacy fence, heck based on the proximity to others a privacy fence would be nice to clean up the view of their shed...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I've read the whole thread, it is time for an update on this poop debacle. I vote for just putting up a fence as well. You will feel safer letting your kids play in the backyard unattended once they are a little older.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'd want a fence if the neighbors were letting their dogs out and my kids might be there, even if the dogs didn't crap in my yard. Don't get me wrong, kid-friendly dogs are wonderful, but I'd not let any dogs have possible access to my kids unless I knew the dogs and was on friendly terms with the owner.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post