SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you have a range membership? Cost? How often do you use it? Considering letting mine lapse.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have a range membership? Cost? How often do you use it? Considering letting mine lapse. Login/Join 
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
$360/Year Plus a $300/$200 One time. It a little higher now but I enjoy the membership and have been to other ranges that pale.
I'll just keep it up and enjoy my monthly visits and BS sessions. Gun prices are no worse than other outlets and they host many different shooting competition's.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Did the same, my range is $165 a year, close by, need to sign back up...

Posts: 23484 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
My range is a private club and the current dues are $300/yr. Additionally, one has to maintain NRA membership @ $35/year. Lastly there is a $500 initiation fee when you join.

I go at least twice a month, year round. During warmer months, I try to go at least once per week. I exclusively go during the week, as it is mostly uncrowded then.

Posts: 1296 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Outdoor private club. $100/yr plus NRA membership (may no longer be a requirement). I go every weekend weather permitting. I mainly shoot benchrest, some pistol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
could use the super nice indoor range in town (Shooter's World) twice per year with the kids, and still have some money left over.

That is a really nice facility, I'm not inclined to fight cross town and eye four traffic to get there on a normal basis, their annual fees are absurdly high, but, it is a higher end range, lots of higher tech lanes, better newer equipment, ranges kept clean and higher prices keeps the general Shoot Straight crowd at bay...

Posts: 23484 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
We used to have a great range that got bought to put in a steelite factory. It moved but never really got up to speed and the membership dispersed. I went to Castlewood nearby and it’s a joke in comparison. I let my membership lapse there many years ago. There were a few others that were run by the likes of a HOA President. Never finished my application for those places.

There are a couple new indoor places that I’ve been meaning to try out but I’m not really expecting anything different.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
As a retired LEO ... I can use our police range for free. Civilian membership is about $200 per year.

I can bring one guest. Access to a combat range, bullseye 25 to 50 yards, rifle range 100 - 200 yards, archery and trap.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a State owned Wildlife Management Area range . No charge . You must have a current hunting or fishing license of any type . The only drawback is that it's about an hour from my house . I go early on a week day and usually have the place to my self for a couple of hours . I never could get used to an indoor range .

Posts: 4063 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
We have a family membership at the local private club.
It is 10 minutes away, two stop signs and no traffic lights between the house and the range. Two lane country blacktop roads all the way.
200+ yard outside rifle range with covered firing points.
Outside pistol range.
Outside archery range.
Outdoor trap range.
Indoor 50 foot pistol range, 12 firing points, well lit and ventilated.

We pay $50 annually for a family membership, and place a one dollar bill in the box on the wall each time/per person, when we shoot indoors, as it helps the club pay the heating oil bill.
I'm retired so I try and go when the working people are at work. I usually have the place to myself unless it's getting near hunting season.
I go whenever I want.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1548 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot handguns on my property. With that said I'm also a land share owner in a shooting association.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I was a long-time member of our local outdoor range, the Wickenburg Sportsmen's Club. It was established in the 1950's, and I joined in 2006, @ $50/year. A decade later it went up to $75.

They have 100 yard rifle, 50 yard rifle/pistol, and 25 yard and 20 yard pistol bays, as well as an archery range and a trap/skeet range.

The only thing I ever used my membership for was the competition pistol matches, where membership gives a considerable discount on the match fee. If you shot 10 matches a year, that would offset your membership fee. And I was shooting twice a week, and managing one of those weekly shoots.

For just general shooting, testing a new gun, sighting, practice, etc., I would just go out to the desert a couple of miles from my house. There is one tank out there with a 14ft high bank on one side that made a great berm.

Since I only used the range for competition shoots, once I was no longer able to do that (mobility issues), I took myself out of competition and dropped my membership.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10788 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have belonged to a local club with a great facility for the last 20 years. Now that I'm over 65 the cost is $80/year. Members are expected to volunteer eight hours a year. For those who don't an additional fee of $100 is assessed.

It's a great place!

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post