SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone see the Jupiter/Saturn conjunction tonight?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone see the Jupiter/Saturn conjunction tonight? Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Yes on Monday and Tuesday night. Clear skies here in central Florida.
I managed to get some pictures. I bought a new Nikon camera a several months ago for an Alaskan cruise we were suppose to go on that has removable lenses. Obviously no cruise.
Using my 300mm lenses I was able to get several pictures of Jupiter and its moons and Saturn. Not super clear but you can make out Jupiter's moons and the picture of Saturn was oblong not round highlighting the rings. This is when I zoomed in on the pictures after I put them on my computer.
Makes me want to go out and buy a good telescope.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2579 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post