SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Quitting Copenhagen
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quitting Copenhagen Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hang in there!

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Kick back harder. You have come a looooonnnnnngggg way. Try eating some carrots. Do a bit of exercise. Go for a good walk. It will help clear your head.

As SM said. You and your family win. That garbage does not own you any more! Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I must admit to some surprise that you’re still experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms. It would be hard to imagine that your body wouldn’t be through the ordeal by the end of a month.

Drive on

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
I smoked for 50 years and gave it up cold turkey 9 years ago.
Well, not exactly cold turkey, I had the help of our Creator and Heavenly Father. I asked Him to remove all memories I had for the enjoyment of smoking. He honored this request and the urge to light up again has never been a temptation.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Direkt
posted Hide Post
I'm also in the process of quitting Copenhagen. It's been two weeks cold turkey thus far, and it hasn't been TOO terrible. One thing that has really helped me and you may want to try is hot Cinnamon toothpicks. They provide that oh so satisfying burning sensation and give me something to do with my mouth. (apologies if this has been suggested before, I didn't read all 9 pages).

Posts: 461 | Location: South Jordan, UT | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Keep it up man, KEEP IT UP!

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Your body is no longer having withdrawals. Your mind is. It's screaming at you and manipulating you to get what it wants. The psychological addiction is the long fight. One where you can seem fine and over it then get broadsided by a craving months down the road. Keep it up. One minute at a time.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I figure I'd pop in and provide another update.

I can't believe I am 51 days without a dip. No nicotine at all .. for 51 days. That's pretty crazy!

That's 51 cans of dip I haven't bought! That's 51 mornings I've woke up in a row now without stuffing a pinch of the devil's dirt into my lower lip right away.

I am free! ... I am so free!

Man it feels good.

I still feel "hollow" sometimes. Like something is missing. But you know what? Pssshht, that's nothing. I'll take that any day over being addicted to Copenhagen.

The depression that I talked about on the last page has lifted ... quite a bit! Man, I was in a dark place. I feel alive now.

Note to others ----- if you are addicted to nicotine YOU TOO CAN QUIT!! It's not easy. But man, it's worth it! You saw my posts early on in this thread. My mind and body were in places that I didn't even think were humanly possible to experience. It sucked. I thought it was going to be impossible. But it's not. You too, can do it.

Lastly, I know I can't get complacent here. I know I am still an addict. I know that it's going to be a lifetime worth of work to keep that crap out of my mouth. I am aware of this. But I think I can do it. One day at a time.

Thank you all for your support this far. I am 51 days into my new life ... and I like it here ... I think I'll stick around.

- Copefree

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just right, man. Congratulations

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's 51 cans of dip I haven't bought!

That's probably what, about $200? What are you going to buy with all that money? Big Grin

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Nice! And thanks for the update. It was interesting to follow along w/ your daily struggles and reaction to the cold turkey.
Glad you're feeling great.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The wife and I are going to Copenhagen in 3 weeks to see Iron Maiden!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That’s great!

Posts: 26906 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Buy yourself something nice when you hit 90 days. Smile

Hang tough and stay stubborn. Not even one little pinch!

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
CopeFREE...that's great news!

Those of us that have walked away from nicotine in one form or another know how tough the struggle can be.

Stay the course.
We're all pulling for you! Smile

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
You were going through a can a day?

Damn!

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
You were going through a can a day?

Damn!

At least.

A can for sure, daily. Once or twice a week I’d have to open a second can for the last couple dips of the day.

There’s a smoke shop in town that I’d buy it from. I’d buy three rolls at a time (a total of 15 cans) and would typically be in there on the 1st and 15th of each month (give or take).

$72 each time. So $4.80 a can.

It’s crazy — if I were to buy it from the local 7-11 or Shell Station, it’s like $9 can. That smoke shop saved me a lot of money.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am very happy for and you and your family CF. You done it. A big congrats. Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Put that money in a special piggy bank. And sip on an Odwalla Blueberry B.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post