SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Quitting Copenhagen
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quitting Copenhagen Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, it really helps.

I’m barely holding on. The fatigue is so heavy — I just want to sleep. And my anxiety is through the roof. It’s difficult to just sit here and type. Nothing seems real ... I am so fogged up. Im confused and angry. And it’s relentless —- these feelings don’t come and go ... it’s ALWAYS there.

I might try to go take a nap now.

I am so ready for a new day ... this is no way to live.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Keep it, you are still winning!

Go for walk / run something!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I’m sure you’re aware that it takes time for the toxins to leave your body, I know that is cold comfort at this time. Stick with it and stay strong, I’m sure you can get past this. Hang in there!

Posts: 12181 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I chewed nicotine gum for about a year. Then regular gum.. I have used Smokey Mountain herbal snuff for about 5 years. It is corn silk, molasses and red pepper. When I went to the dentist a couple of months ago she told me I have 13 spots on my teeth. I don't recommend and herbal snuff made with molasses.

Posts: 496 | Registered: December 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rhenson1:
I chewed nicotine gum for about a year. Then regular gum.. I have used Smokey Mountain herbal snuff for about 5 years. It is corn silk, molasses and red pepper. When I went to the dentist a couple of months ago she told me I have 13 spots on my teeth. I don't recommend and herbal snuff made with molasses.

I’ve got a couple cans of Smokey Mountain. It’s helping the physical side of things ..... kind of. That’s a good point though — molasses is the main ingredient.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
What you're going through is the withdrawal from nicotine addiction. But you already know that.

The addiction will make you think you would rather dip and spit the rest of your life than go through this discomfort.

It's testing you.
Do you REALLY want to quit?

I ain't gonna lie. It's HARD to walk away from a nicotine addiction.

You have to have your mind made up.
I'm done. Period. No matter the discomfort.

Don't torment yourself and wallow in self-pity.
When the cravings come, tell yourself HELL NO.
This is the price I have to pay to be free. And I'll gladly pay it.
Because it's worth it.
(Yes, it IS worth it.)

It's going to be tough for quite awhile.
If you hang in there, I promise it'll get better. But you gotta want it.

You know the health risks and the expense.
That's why you quit.
None of that has changed.

Hang in there.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Status update?

(Other than still copefree..)

You got this.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
PERSERVERE! No Chew! Take some B vitamins.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am still Copefree, thanks for checking.

Day 6 is underway.

I feel like I am losing my mind. I’m sure I’ve already said that in this thread. I still can’t sleep for shit. I was up from 1:30am - 4am last night ... and it sucked big time. I got online to try to distract myself a bit. I felt awful. The most I can seem to sleep in a row, regularly, is 2 hours.

The fatigue is HEAVY (!!) and my anxiety is through the roof. I had an actual panic attack yesterday afternoon.

It’s like I’m living in a perpetual dream, filled with extreme fatigue and anxiety. Nothing seems real. And I’m just pissed off at everything and feel really tense.

I’ve been spending a lot of time on the elliptical. Hopefully that’s helping a bit.

I keep telling myself that this is temporary. But sometimes it’s hard to actually believe that. I sincerely feel like I am going crazy — like I’ve lost my mind.

Nicotine is the god damn devil!!!

My head is fucked right now and I have GOT to turn the corner soon. This is no way to live. I am unable to do the most basic things right now ... and that’s gotta change.

I need this anxiety to subside.

Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
You're almost through the worst part, Amigo!!
That nasty stuff is being flushed from your body, and if you are a typical example, the nastiness should begin tapering off.

Up your non-alcoholic fluid intake, as it will aid in the flushing process... Drink all the water you can stand... Then drink some MORE!

You are continuing to be a WINNER! Keep it up Cool
Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Day 7.

I got the best stretch of sleep last night, by far.

The level of fatigue I am feeling during the days though is crazy ... including today. I just want to go to sleep.

My mouth feels great — gums and lower lip/check area feels completely renewed.

I’m still eating like a mad man.

But hey, I haven’t had a dip for a week. Zero nicotine, in any form. That ... that’s incredible. I can’t believe it. It’s been a solid decade since that’s happened.

No matter how terrible, tired, or anxious I feel ... knowing that I’m nic-free is worth it.

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t food taste great? Just don’t overdo it.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Keep.
It.
Up.

And with respect to the eating, balance it with activity. Even just walking around the neighborhood, something.

But keeping off the Cope is a priority - you can fix the weight later if you add some lbs from eating.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep it up! I quit all forms of tobacco almost 14 years ago. It is worth the discomfort. Now, I have a hard time believing I ever smoked or dipped atvall.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Drive on

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is great CF. A week is really great.

As I said, my wife is a dental hygienist. She knows better than most how nasty and devastating the stuff is.

I know you are a football guy. Sure you know about Jim Kelly's journey due to chewing tobacco. Please, keep up your efforts, press on. You will win. I can tell you have it in you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I quit smoking on May 7, 2007 after smoking for 19 years. As others have said, it does eventually get better. Back when I smoked I could not picture myself as an "ex-smoker". A few years ago my mother came to visit me. She smokes. I had quite a bit to drink, and after she went to bed I grabbed a cigarette from her. Took about 3 puffs and puked. Never again.

It took several months after I initially quit to stop thinking about it. I remember asking my sister, who had also quit smoking, "Do the constant thoughts of smoking ever go away?". The answer is yes they do. In a few weeks or months you will realize you have fully kicked it. That is a great feeling.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Great week Copefree. Earn that handle back! Praying you're through the worst of it.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Day 8.

Thanks for the words, guys.

I’ve got a doctor apppointment tomorrow morning with my PCP. It can’t come soon enough.

I feel like absolute shit. Nothing is improving.

My fatigue is through the roof, anxiety is pegged, concetration is gone, I’m irritable, have zero patience, and I’m still sleeping pretty badly. The fog is still thick — life is just a big blur right now.

I’m in rough shape, to say the least.

I don’t know if this is some form of deep depression or what. But I need some improvement ... badly.

So for now, I’ll continue making my way through day 8, hoping for brighter days ahead.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I don’t know if this is some form of deep depression or what. But I need some improvement ... badly. .

Probably. You're going through chemical withdraw, but also the physical actions you used to go through when ingesting the nicotine.

Keep at it.

Good luck with the PCP. He/She should have some suggestions or ideas for your crawl out of this mire.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post