SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Quitting Copenhagen
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quitting Copenhagen Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Just remember - You can NEVER have "just one" for old times sakes. Ever.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
How's it going Cope?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Cope,

I hope your absence is a good thing. Hoping you are having continuing success.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Hey guys! I forgot about this thread. I've been too busy NOT dippin' Copenhagen.

Today is 17 days.

I am feeling A LOT better. I am sleeping through the night now (for the most part) and my head has cleared up quite a bit.

I am still not where I want to be but I am fully aware of how early into this quit I am. There's A LOT changing, rapidly, in my brain ... every day. It's gonna be a while yet until things fully stabilize.

It really is remarkable how BAD the first 7-10 days sucked. That was absolute hell on earth and I for sure thought I was going crazy ... absolutely brutal.

I can't express enough how happy I am that I've now passed that stage.

Regardless, I don't miss the stuff AT ALL. I can taste the freedom now.

I don't crave it much, either ... if at all. I really don't. It's so odd not having spitters laying around. I'd of course ALWAYS have one in my truck, my office, my bedroom, etc. etc. Everywhere. Not anymore. I've been going through a lot of sunflower seeds and sugarless gum, instead.

I've also gained 8 pounds. I could use it, though, as I was looking too damn skinny if you ask me (I've lost 25 pounds over the past 10 months since quitting drinking -- 282 days sober, on that front).

Thanks for checking in. It's amazing what having a couple kids will do to you -- major lifestyle changes, in my case. All for the better!

The march goes on!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Not drinking and not dipping? You're turning into a respectable man right in front of our eyes!

Good on you!

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Hey guys! I forgot about this thread. I've been too busy NOT dippin' Copenhagen.

Today is 17 days.

Congratulations!

quote:
I am feeling A LOT better.

I noticed an improvement about, oh, a month or so after quitting cigarettes. After three months my breath was no longer the limiting factor during cardio. I think that pretty much ensured I'd never go back to smoking.

quote:
I've also gained 8 pounds. I could use it, though, as I was looking too damn skinny if you ask me ...

Congratulations on that, too.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Really great news. Keep it up. You just really improved your quality and length of life.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
No doubt. Great to hear! Big Grin

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Just remember - You can NEVER have "just one" for old times sakes. Ever.

Truth...

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:

Today is 17 days.

Tomorrow makes 2 years for me.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:

Today is 17 days.

Excellent! Smile

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
ONE ATTA BOY is placed in your column !!

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
282 days sober, on that front

Congratulations. You're killing 2 that would kill you given the chance.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Copefree ~ Just found this, and am SO happy that you made it through the rough times you were having in week 2! Having been down your same road years ago, I knew pretty much the symptoms and the rough timeline during which they would occur... Ugly stuff to get rid of, but you have won Rounds One and Two... Deciding to quit, then going through the distress while your body was being cleansed of the nicotine.

You will find the urges will diminish gradually from this point on, with occasional strong ones that could lead you astray. You can handle those too, if you maintain your alertness to the temptations that will be placed in your path from time to time.

Another dangerous time will be in about a month or two when the thought runs through your now alert and nicotine-free brain: "I've got this whipped, just one little dip won't hurt me"!

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!!!

You're doing GREAT, and I'm happy for you! Keep it up!

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Today’s day 26.

It’s been a rough past 10 days or so, to say the least. Really rough.

I’ve entered some form of depression that’s brought with it loads of anxiety. It’s been basically debilitating and has put my life on hold for the most part.

I’m a shell of my former self it seems. I’m extremely down. And I’m irritable, angry, super nauseous, pissed, cloudy, confused, dizzy, and fatigued. I’ve had difficulty just going to the store and doing basic everyday stuff.

I’ve seen a couple of doctors and, along with the help of some nicotine support groups, I understand that this is normal. Especially for people who were prone to anxiety prior to quitting, as I was.

But that doesn’t make it any easier.

I’ve been a wreck. I need my life back. Today has shown SOME semblence of normalcy. First time in a while I can say that.

Hopefully this weekend is when I turn the corner.

Quitting dip cold turkey completely turned my life upside down. I wasn’t expecting this ... at all. Nothing this wild.

But I’m still Copefree ... and ain’t no one taking that from me!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Good on ya! Keep going!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Today’s day 26.

It’s been a rough past 10 days or so, to say the least. Really rough.

Sounds pretty normal for nicotine withdrawal.
It ain't letting you go easy. It never does.

Stay the course and it'll get better.
It doesn't happen overnight, and it won't be over by the weekend. But it WILL get better.

Understand that, and stay the course.
You've got this, just hang on.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
re: " I've been too busy NOT dippin' Copenhagen."

the hard part is learning how to celebrate Life without 'partying' via all the distracting disabling consumables....

Congratulations on your progress.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
All that is your body kicking nicotine's ass out the door.

This time is a very intense battle for your health and your life.

In the end, you win.

It will get better.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post