SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Home invasion on video, extra charges if perps impersonate the police?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home invasion on video, extra charges if perps impersonate the police? Login/Join 
posted
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=s3uf0_1564607275

This happened a few days ago, near me. In Richmond, Cali. Home invaders were trying to break in, saying they were the police. One or two had fake badges.

If caught, what are the extra charges a perp could face if he impersonated a LEO? Also, if the homeowner does not have any firearms, it must be tough knowing with enough time the invaders would get through the front door.

-c1steve

Posts: 4055 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang

Yeah I agree, watching that on your surveillance camera and not having a gun would completely suck

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Did any of the maggots die?

Q

Posts: 26413 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Yeah...those six urban turds look like cops.....NOT! All that "Nigga please" must be tactical code. If ever you needed a reason for an AR, here it is. Oops...Cali - guess not.
Kill them all.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
They made quick work out of the first security door.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There must be a lot of weed in that house.

P229

Posts: 3828 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These guys need to watch some videos of real cops. You know the basics, how they dress, talk and behave. Bunch of imbeciles. I like the great tactical approach they took.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is what 30 round magazines are made for.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it is a huge breach of trust to impersonate.
I was on a jury several years ago where this gang banger would stop cars with a badge and rob them.
We gave him FIFTY YEARS for his trouble.

Posts: 22915 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Yeah...those six urban turds look like cops.....NOT! All that "Nigga please" must be tactical code. If ever you needed a reason for an AR, here it is. Oops...Cali - guess not.
Kill them all.

Oh, I think a good old 12G would have been adequate.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15897 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Oh, I think a good old 12G would have been adequate.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, just the racking of the shotgun would have made quite the impression on those fine young gentlemen.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Trust me, just the racking of the shotgun would have made quite the impression on those fine young gentlemen.

Why would you not have a loaded gun but rather wait until w/in earshot to rack a round into it, giving your position away.
Why is your gun not loaded and ready to rock?!

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Impersonate LE, break the trust, capital punishment.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43890 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:

Why would you not have a loaded gun but rather wait until w/in earshot to rack a round into it, giving your position away.
Why is your gun not loaded and ready to rock?!

Because without the CHACK-CHACK, your Chack-Chack Speech is you just monologuing like a dipshit Great Value brand Bond villain.

EDIT: 16,000 posts, wheee!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: airsoft guy,

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Not that it makes it ok, as it most certainly is not, but these types of events very rarely happen to homes that are not involved in "shady enterprises" to begin with.

The video is a darn fine example as to one reason why magazine capacity restrictions are a terribly idea.

Were I inside that home and watching through the camera, I'd personally feel 100% justified in firing through that door.

Posts: 6368 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took them forever to actually get the door open. And everyone standing in front of the doorway? Thats real smart.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Home invaders were trying to break in, saying they were the police. One or two had fake badges.

If caught, what are the extra charges a perp could face if he impersonated a LEO?

Arkansas Code § 5-37-208 - Criminal Impersonation

(a) (1) A person commits criminal impersonation in the first degree if, with the purpose to induce a person to submit to pretended official authority for the purpose to injure or defraud the person, the person:
(A) Pretends to be a law enforcement officer by wearing or displaying, without authority, any uniform or badge by which a law enforcement officer is lawfully distinguished; or
(B) Uses a motor vehicle or motorcycle designed, equipped, or marked with an emblem, logo, marking, decal, insignia, or design so as to resemble a motor vehicle or motorcycle belonging to a federal, state, or local law enforcement agency or law enforcement officer.
(2) Criminal impersonation in the first degree is a Class D felony.

Posts: 32518 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I’m guessing the home occupier was watching the same camera view we were. The youts eventually notice it too.
The doors held up better than most would have off attacked.

Posts: 9520 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Richmond is pretty much a war zone. Our machinist is out there. Live (big) dog on premises, security doors everywhere, and numerous firesticks (he shoots IDPA).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16362 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
This is what 30 round magazines are made for.

The real question is would you smoke the first guy through the door or let a few more enter. I personally would smoke the first one then the others would scatter. You would then need to move though.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post