SIGforum
Home invasion on video, extra charges if perps impersonate the police?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7640055954

August 02, 2019, 03:51 PM
c1steve
Home invasion on video, extra charges if perps impersonate the police?
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=s3uf0_1564607275

This happened a few days ago, near me. In Richmond, Cali. Home invaders were trying to break in, saying they were the police. One or two had fake badges.

If caught, what are the extra charges a perp could face if he impersonated a LEO? Also, if the homeowner does not have any firearms, it must be tough knowing with enough time the invaders would get through the front door.

-c1steve
August 02, 2019, 03:55 PM
GCE61
Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang

Yeah I agree, watching that on your surveillance camera and not having a gun would completely suck
August 02, 2019, 04:03 PM
Did any of the maggots die?

Q

August 02, 2019, 04:03 PM
sgalczyn
Yeah...those six urban turds look like cops.....NOT! All that "Nigga please" must be tactical code. If ever you needed a reason for an AR, here it is. Oops...Cali - guess not.
Kill them all.

"No matter where you go - there you are"
August 02, 2019, 04:08 PM
sigalert
They made quick work out of the first security door.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson
August 02, 2019, 04:09 PM
Russ59
There must be a lot of weed in that house.

P229
August 02, 2019, 04:48 PM
ZSMICHAEL
These guys need to watch some videos of real cops. You know the basics, how they dress, talk and behave. Bunch of imbeciles. I like the great tactical approach they took.
August 02, 2019, 04:55 PM
PossibleZombie
This is what 30 round magazines are made for.
August 02, 2019, 05:16 PM
smschulz
Yeah, it is a huge breach of trust to impersonate.
I was on a jury several years ago where this gang banger would stop cars with a badge and rob them.
We gave him FIFTY YEARS for his trouble.
August 02, 2019, 05:29 PM
RichardC
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Yeah...those six urban turds look like cops.....NOT! All that "Nigga please" must be tactical code. If ever you needed a reason for an AR, here it is. Oops...Cali - guess not.
Kill them all.

Oh, I think a good old 12G would have been adequate.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock
August 02, 2019, 05:38 PM
whododat
Oh, I think a good old 12G would have been adequate.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, just the racking of the shotgun would have made quite the impression on those fine young gentlemen.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.
August 02, 2019, 08:17 PM
dsiets
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Trust me, just the racking of the shotgun would have made quite the impression on those fine young gentlemen.

Why would you not have a loaded gun but rather wait until w/in earshot to rack a round into it, giving your position away.
Why is your gun not loaded and ready to rock?!
August 02, 2019, 09:42 PM
sigmonkey
Impersonate LE, break the trust, capital punishment.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
August 03, 2019, 07:55 AM
airsoft guy
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:

Why would you not have a loaded gun but rather wait until w/in earshot to rack a round into it, giving your position away.
Why is your gun not loaded and ready to rock?!

Because without the CHACK-CHACK, your Chack-Chack Speech is you just monologuing like a dipshit Great Value brand Bond villain.

EDIT: 16,000 posts, wheee!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: airsoft guy,

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.
August 03, 2019, 07:59 AM
thumperfbc
Not that it makes it ok, as it most certainly is not, but these types of events very rarely happen to homes that are not involved in "shady enterprises" to begin with.

The video is a darn fine example as to one reason why magazine capacity restrictions are a terribly idea.

Were I inside that home and watching through the camera, I'd personally feel 100% justified in firing through that door.
August 03, 2019, 11:15 AM
YooperSigs
Took them forever to actually get the door open. And everyone standing in front of the doorway? Thats real smart.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
August 03, 2019, 11:44 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Home invaders were trying to break in, saying they were the police. One or two had fake badges.

If caught, what are the extra charges a perp could face if he impersonated a LEO?

Arkansas Code § 5-37-208 - Criminal Impersonation

(a) (1) A person commits criminal impersonation in the first degree if, with the purpose to induce a person to submit to pretended official authority for the purpose to injure or defraud the person, the person:
(A) Pretends to be a law enforcement officer by wearing or displaying, without authority, any uniform or badge by which a law enforcement officer is lawfully distinguished; or
(B) Uses a motor vehicle or motorcycle designed, equipped, or marked with an emblem, logo, marking, decal, insignia, or design so as to resemble a motor vehicle or motorcycle belonging to a federal, state, or local law enforcement agency or law enforcement officer.
(2) Criminal impersonation in the first degree is a Class D felony.
August 03, 2019, 11:46 AM
220-9er
I’m guessing the home occupier was watching the same camera view we were. The youts eventually notice it too.
The doors held up better than most would have off attacked.

August 03, 2019, 11:52 AM
kkina
Richmond is pretty much a war zone. Our machinist is out there. Live (big) dog on premises, security doors everywhere, and numerous firesticks (he shoots IDPA).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
August 03, 2019, 05:35 PM
1s1k
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
This is what 30 round magazines are made for.

The real question is would you smoke the first guy through the door or let a few more enter. I personally would smoke the first one then the others would scatter. You would then need to move though.