SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Orlando Police Officer Drives Off After Deputy Pulls Him Over For Speeding
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Orlando Police Officer Drives Off After Deputy Pulls Him Over For Speeding Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ That is an interesting way to reply.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38690 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I love how OPD is punting to SCSO.

They are "punting to SCSO" in regards to the criminal investigation, which the sheriff's office is handling. OPD is conducting an internal, administrative investigation. It would be inappropriate for the PD to comment on another agency's criminal investigation just as it would be inappropriate for the SO to comment on the administrative investigation.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Your comments have been documented.
Sounds to me like a threat.
Sure does.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Your comments have been documented.
Sounds to me like a threat.
Sure does.

I doubt any member here will be visiting the Mouse, but probably want to avoid flying into Orlando for a while.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Charged!

Link

Resisting and Fleeing.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife wondered if he'd been drinking. I don't think so; I think stupidity alone is an adequate force to self-destruct like this.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2071 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I know that intersection, 434 is a main road across Seminole County, north of Orlando.

That OPD officer was speeding in Seminole County out of his jurisdiction, OPD would be in Orange County, looks like Seminole County didn't like his FU attitude and formerly charged him.

"Orlando, Florida — On June 6, 2023, at 12:15 p.m. a Seminole County Sheriff's Deputy on routine patrol stopped Orlando Police Officer, 35-year-old Alexander Shaouni for driving nearly twice the speed limit along a stretch of road. Officer Shaouni was going 80 mph in a 45 mph zone down Florida Avenue. When the deputy caught up with Shaouni, authorities say he didn't stop and drove through cars to avoid the deputy. The deputy eventually got him to pull over at the intersection of State Road 434 and Hammock Lane. During the stop, footage shows Shaouni dressed in police uniform driving a marked Orlando Police Department SUV. When questioned, body camera footage shows Shaouni becoming furious.

“What? I am going into work, my man,” he says to the deputy. “Why are you trying to pull me over as I’m going into work?”. "Because you’re going 80 in a 45," the deputy responds. When asked for his driver's license, the officer says no, returns to his cruiser, and drives away. On Tuesday, the Orlando Police Department said that the agency was notified by the sheriff's office Friday about Shaouni being criminally charged.

Shaouni is charged with resisting an officer, reckless driving and fleeing and eluding a law enforcement officer. He turned himself in Friday to the Seminole County Jail and was released on $9,000 bond. Orlando police said Shaouni has been relieved of his duties pending the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office criminal investigation as well as Orlando police’s internal affairs investigation."

This guy has no business being a police officer. I'm also sure there were many other instances where he's felt he's above the law and got away with it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Late night approx 0200am hours was sitting in center grass of I-12 faceing west bound clocking east bound traffic while doing paperwork and clocked a vehicle well in excess of triple didgit 100mph. Activated my bar lights but before I could put car in gear the offending speeder activated bar lights and as it passed me it was a marked state troopers unit so I did not persue but about a hour later when at my dept office made a phone call to the state police desk commander to see if there had been a emergency requireing such a response for our area and gave my story.... About 3 days later a trooper in uniform came into the PD office demanding to know the identity of who made the phone call to his desk commander and I stepped forward and said it was me and before he could say anything else I explained that he had no reason for such speed without lights / siren that could have put some unaware citizen in danger and if he wanted to continue this discussion that I would gladly call his desk commander again which ended the conversation and he rapidly vacated the pd office building ............... drill sgt.

Posts: 2014 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of uvahawk
posted Hide Post
Something that I learned decades ago as a new 2nd Lt in charge of an USAF Base Police Detachment: respect the jurisdiction, and authority, of other LE agencies. You may need their help and support in the future.

Posts: 162 | Location: Low Country, South Carolina | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I wonder what Seminole County’s pursuit policy is?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I wonder what Seminole County’s pursuit policy is?

Here is a link to a PDF, it's 13 pages long so I didn't copy and paste the whole thing...

I. PURPOSE:

This directive establishes policy for motor vehicle apprehensions. It also provides for an administrative review of
circumstances involving pursuits, including the judgment exercised by involved Deputies. This directive also
establish guidelines for the execution and documentation of vehicle apprehension techniques such as blocking maneuvers, precision immobilization technique, and the safe deployment and recovery of tire deflation devices.

II. POLICY STATEMENT:

A. As the goal of the Sheriff's Office is the protection of life and property, the circumstances under which Deputies may engage in motor vehicle pursuits is strictly limited.

B. Deputies are authorized to pursue suspects who are reasonably thought to be violent or who pose a danger to the public at large.

NOTE: Suspects may be pursued only if one or both of the following conditions exist:

1. There is reasonable belief the suspect committed or attempted to commit a
forcible felony which involved the actual or threatened use of deadly force; and/or

2. There is reasonable belief the fleeing driver poses an imminent threat of physical
harm to the public.

Link

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I believe that Orange County's pursuit policy is somewhat similar to Seminole's policy. For those who are not familiar with this area of Florida, Orange and Seminole are adjacent to each other and cover the northern part of the Orlando metroplex.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30698 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post