SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 NHL Playoff Thread
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 NHL Playoff Thread Login/Join 
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
My favorite team has a date with The Kid or The Caps! Smile

I am cheering for Vegas in the West though, just because it's good for expansion! Heck, actually all the West teams are proving expansion has been good...Preds, Sharks. Jets aren't expansion per se, but glad they are back in the NHL. ATL didn't deserve a team!

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Then again, the officiating has been crap in every series across the league.

Agreed!

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
It'll be interesting to see the off-season injury report by the B's. I have to believe a lot of the players weren't 100%. But then again, when you don't score any even strength goals past game 1, it's gonna take a miracle to win a series. Oh well...Bruce did an AMAZING job coaching a really young team and it sucks that some key players weren't there for the entire series. Thinking Brandon Carlo...but everyone just has to step up.

Good season...see y'all in September for pre-season.

GO PREDS!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Who wants to see Vegas win now that their favorite team is out?

We are still in, but my ideal brackets include TBL, CAPS, PREDS, and LV. As soon as Caps exit, I am rooting for LV. They got Nate Schmidt from us, I am cheering for him/LV until (hopefully) they play Caps.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm def rooting for LVK in the west. MAF has been playing his best since the 08-09.
Plus their story is so great how could you not root for them unless you're one of those cynical bastards who think they got to cherry-pick their team for the inaugural season?

I'd like to see LVK vs WIN for the conference final. Even though his numbers during the post-season aren't that great, Laine is my boy.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Congrats Vegas! Way to go Flower!!!!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
The Pens may miss Fleury a little! A three peat is tough, especially with the sloppy play, but I still have faith.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
WOW!!!

you said it. we're a Hockey town it seems.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Capitals fans. Your team was the better team in round 2. Wilson is still a thug asshole though......

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Huge win for the Caps tonight. They outplayed the Pens but still a very close series.

Only hope Backstrom is OK for the next round. Won tonight without him but he is still a huge benefit for the Caps.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16401 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
'Bye, Sidney.

GO, VEGAS!!!!

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the Caps, Holtby was the difference, in my opinion.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Jofila line carrying the Preds tonight!

Posts: 3661 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ovi, Kuzy, game, series.

Bye, pens.

Go Caps Go!!!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Hats of to the Caps. They were better for most of the series.

An epic run by the Pens but you could see these playoffs the level of play was not the same as the last 2 years.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pensfan
posted Hide Post
I agree the Caps were definitely better this series but I was hoping for some luck... Frown

Posts: 270 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: April 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Can't win them all I guess. Hell of a run. Had the Pens beat the Caps, I didn't see them beating the Lightning especially with the extra few days of rest they are getting. I still think Vegas wins it all. MAF is playing out of his mind and every guy on that team is doing their job perfectly.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

Gonna be a HELLUVA game 7!!!!!

GO PREDS!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Gonna be a HELLUVA game 7!!!!!

GO PREDS!!!

Yep, I'm really looking forward to it. Nashville needs to pick it up a notch.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post