SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 NHL Playoff Thread
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 NHL Playoff Thread Login/Join 
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Winnipeg & Nashville game has gotten really good.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Seems the league considers some hits to the head to be unavoidable hockey plays.

Pittsburgh's Hornqvist while all upset over the Wilson hit seems to have no problem delivering hits to the head himself.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1yfXjKXTVc

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY_A3OBO8Lw

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Great game and series Caps/Pens.

Backstrom and Ovie stepped up with the last goal. Great hand-eye coordination to knock that puck out of midair into the net.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pittsburgh's Hornqvist while all upset over the Wilson hit seems to have no problem delivering hits to the head himself.

Big difference when you are talking about someone who has never been suspended (Hornqvist) vs someone who's has multiple suspensions (Wilson).

Wilson is dirty, not Brad Marchand dirty, but still dirty, accept it.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Wilson got away with a slew foot to give the Caps the 2 on 1 breakaway. Caps will win the series - Pens can't beat the combination of the Caps, the referees, & NHL Player Safety.

Have to wonder if the reason Player Safety refuses to address Wilson's actions is that he's already had a multi-game suspension this year and another should be a significant number of games.

Aston Reese has a broken jaw that requires surgery as well as a concussion.

Rooting for Jets & Vegas now.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I would like to see Vegas move on. They have accomplished something amazing with a first-year team.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Great game and series Caps/Pens.

Backstrom and Ovie stepped up with the last goal. Great hand-eye coordination to knock that puck out of midair into the net.

Wow was that a game! I would have been satisfied if we lost in OT away, that was amazing. As soon as I saw them break away I felt it was going in. At least we can put to bed the narrative of Ovi not showing up in playoffs.

Great game from both teams, Holtby's play kept us in.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:

Big difference when you are talking about someone who has never been suspended (Hornqvist) vs someone who's has multiple suspensions (Wilson).

Wilson is dirty, not Brad Marchand dirty, but still dirty, accept it.

Wilson is our enforcer. His play isn't always clean. That Dumoulin hit was not Wilson, it was Dumoulin dodging contact from Ovi, put Dumoulin on path for bad hit, Ovi got a hit to the head in the process.

Can't say Wilson is an angel, but that was a bang, bang play with Dumoulin putting himself in danger, not Wilson head hunting.

Was happy to see no major injury, any head hits are worrisome.

PS, remember this?

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/eySkOx4I46Q

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
My Ducks should beat San Jose in 6.

Next year.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I guess concussions and broken jaws aren't major injuries? I'm a Penguins fan, so I may be bias, but Wilson should be suspended for that hit. He was head hunting and left his feet. Wish they would take that shite out of the game. What about that Niskanen head shot to Crosby last season? I still think the Pens should win this series, just need to focus and be better on the power play.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
PS, remember this?

Of course I do. I also remember he received a 1 game suspension for that hit.

Yet here we are an Wilson won't get shit. I don't believe for 1 second that Wilson didn't know what he was doing on both hits.

Then there's the trip on Oli Maata that gave them the 2 on 1 breakaway and who was it...Wilson.

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:
Wilson is a piece of shit.

Agreed.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/...eck-zach-aston-reese

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I didn't think he would get any suspension at all.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:
I didn't think he would get any suspension at all.

I thought one game was coming. Hit was shoulder to shoulder and he slid up. His reputation and the fact that Aston-Reese is out for rest of playoffs is what got him three. It sucks as a Caps fan, he's elevated his play big-time this year, he doesn't need to get by on the big hits like he did when he was younger.

I like him, I can defend his Dumoulin hit, this time not so much. I think he deserved a game instead of three.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
The hit was not shoulder to shoulder. Watch the DOPS video (which is the longest they've ever put out so far).

The video contradicts the NHL's Supervising Official who spoke to the referees & linesmen (one of the linesmen was his brother - who had his back to the play.
quote:
Obviously, both referees didn't put their arm up, so obviously they didn't think there was a penalty," Devorski said. "So now they bring in the linesmen, who if they think it's a major penalty, they'll tell the referees. So they all got together, and they said, 'You know what? We've got a good, clean check here.

Wilson should have gotten more than 3 games, 4-5 games.

1. Wilson is a repeat offender, having already been suspended twice this season (2 games & 4 games).
2. Playoff suspensions are considered 2 games to 1 regular season game.
3. Other repeat offenders in similar situations have gotten 10 or more games (regular season).

I agree that Wilson has a lot of skill & doesn't need to play dirty. Eventually Karma will catch up to him.

Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Sharks!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3484 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
The hit was not shoulder to shoulder. Watch the DOPS video

OK the slowed down reverse angle shows it better. I thought he slid up from shoulder. It clearly shows shoulder/head were hit simultaneously. While I hate to loose him, it's warranted.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Fact on Tom Wilson: Since entering the NHL at the start of the 2013-14 season no player in the NHL has been penalized more than Wilson. His 806 penalty minutes in the regular season are 85 more than the next closest player, and he is one of just three players in the league to be assessed more than even 600 penalty minutes during that stretch.

Yeah Caps fans, be proud of your enforcer. He's no thug. He's truly a clean player that deserves respect.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/...avoiding-suspension/

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
The hit was not shoulder to shoulder. Watch the DOPS video (which is the longest they've ever put out so far).

The video contradicts the NHL's Supervising Official who spoke to the referees & linesmen (one of the linesmen was his brother - who had his back to the play.
quote:
Obviously, both referees didn't put their arm up, so obviously they didn't think there was a penalty," Devorski said. "So now they bring in the linesmen, who if they think it's a major penalty, they'll tell the referees. So they all got together, and they said, 'You know what? We've got a good, clean check here.

Wilson should have gotten more than 3 games, 4-5 games.

1. Wilson is a repeat offender, having already been suspended twice this season (2 games & 4 games).
2. Playoff suspensions are considered 2 games to 1 regular season game.
3. Other repeat offenders in similar situations have gotten 10 or more games (regular season).

I agree that Wilson has a lot of skill & doesn't need to play dirty. Eventually Karma will catch up to him.

The video showing the best view of what happened that we didn’t see until the suspension came down WAS something we didn’t see that night. It’s probably because the camera that caught it is actually one of the two stationary blue line cameras used for offside challenge reviews. It’s pure luck that it happened right in front of one of those cameras, and I’ll bet that the director and people in the NBC truck never thought to look at those.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I contend that if a player so injures another such that the injured player is out for the rest of the playoffs, then the offending player, whether purposefully or accidentally injured said player, must also be suspended for the duration of the playoffs.

Are there hard hits in this game and is it a rough sport? Absolutely. Do I think checking should be removed from the game? Oh HELL NO! You think Sidney Crosby is going to hit someone in such a fashion to warrant that level of penalty? No...it'll just be the borderline goons. JMHO after 13 seasons of hockey officiating...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post