SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In which supermarket chain?

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
And don't ask me why, but for some reason, I have the feeling that incandescent light bulbs are going to disappear for a while, if not for good.

I don't want any of that Goddamned fluorescent or LED stuff in my lamps. Thomas Freaking Edison, baby. I want my warm glow.

You can't run an Easy Bake Oven off of an LED lightbulb. If China stops shipping ovens, how else are we going to bake miniature birthday cakes and cookies?

Posts: 2504 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Report This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Heinz onion gravy. Always use it for meatloaf, roasts, and mashed taters. Haven't seen any for 6 months now in FL or in PA when we went for a visit.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
You can't run an Easy Bake Oven off of an LED lightbulb. If China stops shipping ovens, how else are we going to bake miniature birthday cakes and cookies?

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It's too cold in Iowa to be doing that outside right now.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Stand closer to the fire.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^ OH pie irons!!!!

I just bought a round one, a square one, and one that is rectangular equivalent to 2 regular square ones.

I've been researching recipes online as well as on youtube.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Very picked over on the shelves:

Carhartt T-Shirts (at Cabelas).

Frozen "TV Dinners" (at Safeway and Giant).

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
In which supermarket chain?

Me? Food Lion. It's like that in other stores as well, Food Lion is slightly more obvious with the empty shelves. Think of it like a rolling blackout of food. Three or four houses on your street the lights are off, all the rest are on, and maybe some are on but dimmed lights.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Trying to get a generator inlet kit with interlock wired into the house panel. I need a couple Eaton 2 pole BR breakers. Local supply houses are out. Home Depot and Lowes are out with no backorder ability (online too). Hit Amazon up and I grabbed the last 2 they had at 2x the price Mad Good news is, my neighbor brought me some 6/4 SOOW cable from work so I won't need to spend $200+ for a 50 ft length

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
Chicken thighs I use them to make my own cat and dog food. I have had a hard time finding them at Publix, Ingles and Sams

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
PVC pipe

Wet cat food

Cream cheese is spotty- local farms are providing more supply than the big brands.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
only 3 automotive batteries in the Walmart display yesterday. No conventional engine oil there either, only synthetic.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Report This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam's Club did have 80/20 bulk hamburger today at $4.99/lb.!!!! I couldn't believe that price for bulk hamburger. This crap has got to really be hurting a lot of households with a big family.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Been unable to find the cheap0 1" foam paint 'brush' these past 5 months in any of the half-dozen regular vendorDomes that tend to have nearly anything we need for tidy estate management chores.

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember in Boy Scouts we once cooked a frozen pizza while camping by lining a carboard box with aluminum foil and putting hot briquettes or embers or something in the bottom. There's probably an aluminum foil shortage though.

My Mt. Dew Real Sugar / "Throwback Mt. Dew" is cyclically available. I think each local Pepsi distributor runs batches of them that last several months, during the pandemic there weren't as many runs with the can shortage or something. I try to catch it when it is a reasonable 3 or 4 for $12 or $11 or whatever instead of $6/12 pack the grocery store has as their usual price. I try to keep 100 or so cans on hand, sometimes I miss the sale prices and get into a pickle. I never did that in before the last 2 years. When they run out its months of Mt. Dew Code Extreme Easy Bake Burnt Lightbulb flavor for months. I've had to drive to Kansas City and the Quad Cities to other distribution areas during the pandemic. I don't drink coffee, the Mt. Dew is my vehicle of choice for my caffeine addiction and since its made with a massive pile of sugar instead of HFCS I sleep better at night while the citric acid eats away at my teeth. I don't think the real sugar has the brominated vegetable oil in it either so I should live another 5 mins on this planet.

Just last week I started seeing Onion Tator Tots in 2lb bags at the grocery store. No regular "seasoned Tator Tots" yet, Sams Club has them, but I don't need 6 or 10lbs at a time, it will all just get freezer burnt.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yesterday I made biscuits and gravy and the store was 100% out of Pillsbury ones in the refrigerated section, the Food Lion brand ones were just as good and 50¢ cheaper.

We has to settle for Southern style biscuits for breakfast Saturday morning. We prefer the flaky ones for biscuits and gravy.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Onion Tator Tots in 2 lb bags at the grocery store
I never heard of these before, but now that you mention it I have to try them.

Problem is, I can not find them in any local store. What store did you see them in?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hyvee. Oneida makes them.