SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Things you do or like that others might think is a bit weird.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things you do or like that others might think is a bit weird. Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted
If it's something like running around the back yard naked and yodeling, better keep it a secret.

However, if it's something like drinking the juice out of the sweet or dill pickle jars, let's hear it. I just love drinking that stuff!

That is all.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colorado Hunter - I think I found something you might enjoy…..My granddaughter LOVES these.

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I don't think drinking pickle juice is that weird. (That was the original Gatorade, after all.)

I don't drink it straight, but I do keep jars of leftover pickle juice around. Comes in handy for stuff like brining chicken, putting in Bloody Marys, or adding to soups.

Posts: 32514 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Research and explore pioneer cemeteries in the U.P.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Um, I am doing it right this minute.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I can’t throw soap slivers away. I save them until I have enough to create another soap bar. Yeah, it’s weird

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys are giving me the creeps. On a side note, if you send your address I will send you all my soap slivers.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Sweet Baby Ray’s as a dipping sauce for pizzeria breadsticks.

Bagels sliced in half with banana peppers between.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8107 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
When I make baked potatoes I make extra. I put them in the fridges then later at night eat them cold as a snack.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I can’t throw soap slivers away. I save them until I have enough to create another soap bar. Yeah, it’s weird

I actually take the small portion of soap that's left and fuse it to a new bar. I never waste a bit of my bar soap.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love putting raw cut up celery and cut up bologna in with my bowl of cooked pinto beans.

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
I eat kipper snacks with limburger cheese and dijon mustard on club crackers

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I can mount and balance my own tires, but only when I get bored.

Before that I would order a bunch of electronic components and build my own clocks (I was bored back then as well).

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Colorado Hunter - I think I found something you might enjoy…..My granddaughter LOVES these.

Very intriguing, I've never seen those. I'll have to be on the lookout now.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:

I actually take the small portion of soap that's left and fuse it to a new bar. I never waste a bit of my bar soap.

I do the same thing!

Posts: 354 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigbuck5:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:

I do the same thing!

Doesn’t everyone? As the bar gets smaller, I will put it on top of the shampoo bottle to keep it from sticking to the shelf. When it gets small enough, I fuze it to a new bar at the next shower.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I dislike thin chili.
I like my Chili thick enough that I can put it on a hamburger bun and eat it as Sloppy Joe if desired. And yes, with beans!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
If it's something like running around the back yard naked

Running around Naked??? You mean Streaking? Ray Stevens had a big smash hit of Streaking in one of his songs back in the early 70's. The Streak.

Way back in College I and some of my Fraternity Brothers would occasionally streak around the Sorority houses. (statute of limitation is long expired and there were no cell phone cameras way back then, so no evidence).

Anyway, not to thread drift your thread, but just a word of advice:

If you get the urge to Streak just spray yourself down with Windex. The Windex label says it right there, "Prevents Streaking".

(I'll let myself out now).

EDIT TO ADD:

My habit is to go to the Nail Salon and get my toenails clipped and all neaten-ed up. NO NO NO none of that fancy nail polish, not even in your favorite color. Just for the record, my male friends think this is weird, but I've convinced a few to go to the Nail Salon and give it a try. I told my buddies that their wives would be happy that they won't get stabbed or sliced by your nasty evil too long toenails, and they will also take off any callous or rough spots.

Gentlemen, give it a try. I can tell you for a fact that the woman you share your bed with will be more likely to engage in some mattress antics, you know what I mean, if she's comfortable and believes she won't bleed from your nasty toenails and rough spots.

BTW do NOT under any circumstances get your fingernails done! That's just too weird. Then you will lose your Man Card for sure.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put grape jelly on my biscuits and gravy. I thought it was normal (picked up the habit from my Dad) until I was eating breakfast with coworkers and they looked at me like I might as well have just put bird droppings all over my food. Who knew?

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mentioned this thread to Mrs. Sig Marine and she asked if I had contributed anything to which I replied “I don’t have any quirky habits”. She gave me an eye roll and reminded of a couple she thinks are a bit odd.

One is that I make sure to remove/use Q-Tips from the box one row at a time working right to left; the entire row must be completely used before removing any from the next row. Also, our vehicles are parked in front of the garage perpendicular to the garage door. If they are visibly angled, I will move the car/truck to correct the mis-alignment.

I never thought these habits were weird, I thought I was just paying attention to details.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post