SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Cold is it Where You Are?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Cold is it Where You Are? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
23° F/feels like 12° F in East Texas……

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1529 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:

Guessing you're further north than Houston/Beaumont

ETX to me says more like Kilgore area?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15369 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Henry County , Il

So, you're not far from Davenport?
Any uptick in excitement with the IA caucus being today?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24171 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
1° this morning in Oklahoma City. Got an inch or two of snow Sunday.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1893 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bright sunny beautiful day in MQT. 7 degrees.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Talking about cold I have a question for the braintrust.
My Sister, who lives outside of Austin, TX called me this am asking for advise. It was 16 degrees there and two of her outside faucets were frozen. Their house is on a slab so there is no way to get to the pipes. Any suggestion from the hive on how to best protect their faucets? She didn’t have any hoses attached (thank God) and there is no shut off for that line and is worried going forward.

Thanks!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Snow flurries in Houston's northern suburbs. It's 25 here and falling. We're already 6 deg below weather guesser's forecast for today.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23313 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
-4 and snowing but it feel feels warmer somehow. Wink

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_Marsh

Miss Colorado is 2024 Miss USA

Posts: 3526 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:

Close enough-Longview….

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1529 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Snow flurries in Houston's northern suburbs. It's 25 here and falling. We're already 6 deg below weather guesser's forecast for today.

Just made the trek from IAH to home. 40 min & probably a dozen accidents, almost all of them on overpasses.
Even had a rubbernecker manage to 90* his Tacoma while going 12mph in crawling traffic. Roll Eyes

And, we're supposed to have a high of 70*F on Thursday...

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:

Close enough-Longview….

Close enough Wink
My company has an office in Kilgore & my boss usually stays in Longview instead, when he has to go out there.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15369 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I grew up in an area of the country where it was always below zero degrees every winter. Then, when I was almost an adult, we moved here to the Bay Area, CA. There was no such thing as "cold" I always said. But, I've acclimated and now 40 degrees seems very cold. I feel like I've lost something - I used to laugh at the Californians wearing their coats in balmy 40 degree weather... And, now I am one. Confused

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10712 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
It was 64° in Alpine yesterday afternoon. It’s 9° now. Minus 5 with the wind (a little bitty breeze). Supposedly be above freezing by noon and in the 50s by late afternoon. Gonna be interesting to see how many pipes are busted.

Posts: 26937 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Will this ever end…argh…

Posts: 3735 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
23 here now. On the way down to 21 in a couple of hours.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
19° when I (remotely) turned up the heat.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty effing cold Frown

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"-Raoul Duke

Posts: 365 | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
23 now south of Houston.

I had my patience tested... I'm negative.

Posts: 84 | Registered: July 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
My thermometer says 17 right now, just outside Jersey Village. Was 18 just over an hour ago.

Q

Posts: 26468 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
16 and too damn cold for Louisiana

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
28 this morning in El Paso.

Posts: 1756 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post