SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sig Forum Classifieds getting like Craigslist
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Forum Classifieds getting like Craigslist Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Cuz Vinney just put an ad in the classifieds Eek

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/3640065194

I guess we all have that one neighbor on the block we wish would just move and go away. No chance he sold that pistol on the forum.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
No chance he sold that pistol on the forum.
Being as there was no "I'll take it" posted to the thread, perhaps so. Then again: The buyer may not have wanted to advertise his or her interest--all things considered Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
No chance he sold that pistol on the forum.
Being as there was no "I'll take it" posted to the thread, perhaps so. Then again: The buyer may not have wanted to advertise his or her interest--all things considered Wink

Truth.

Permit me to edit my comment then…

“I’d like to believe that if it did sell, no one from the forum would have purchased it”.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Here's a little off topic but tangentially related post for a little humor. I feel sorry for the guy when his wife realizes the mistake he made.

Pics not representing the object being sold. I think..... Don't do that in classifieds.

https://sacramento.craigslist....udio/7476320059.html

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We all know what happened and why. He's fooling no one.

Bitch about Classifieds, bitch about this forum and its members, and then have the sack to place an ad here. Vinnie, you're a user and an ungrateful asshole and you got the treatment you deserved.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Personally I'm happy to see his renewed trust in the classifieds. Through the post we have convinced him that the classifieds are worthwhile. Now we just wait for him to update the thread title.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He still has posting rights and he can still respond to threads in Classifieds, but I've removed his permissions to create new threads in that section. No more ads for ol' Vinnie.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Personally I'm happy to see his renewed trust in the classifieds. Through the post we have convinced him that the classifieds are worthwhile. Now we just wait for him to update the thread title.

Not sure if serious.

Me, I truly believe his last WTS was done solely to taunt the membership and had nothing to do with him wanting to sell anything. His final edit, "Thanks for all the pushing to the top!" says it all. Sad man. Smh. Oh yeah, "SOLD!", like anyone believes that shit. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26396 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
For the record, he never responded to my email Wink

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Too bad, you missed the deal of the century!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
All of this is as clear as glass. He took down his ad because that was the only way to get the chiding to stop. He couldn't lock it, he couldn't delete it. All he could do is edit his post, claim that the pistol was sold, and try to be clever about members bumping his ad.

And if Vinnie has something to say, he can speak up, but the truth is that he doesn't really give a shit about this forum or its members.

Act like a jerk, get treated like a jerk.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Not sure if serious.

Just giving him the benefit of doubt Wink

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Hey Vinnie, you're making regular vinnys look bad. Come on son, sack up & take yer lickin'.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He could get back in good graces here (which he does not care to do) by apologizing (which he will not do).

Apologize for what? Apologize for his initial shitty approach in his whiny complaint. Apologize for saying this forum is going into the toilet. Apologize for the defensive overreaction he posted when a few members balked at his post and when I told him it looked like trolling and asked him to explain. Apologize for having the gall and shamelessness to go back into Classifieds after his pissing and moaning about it. Apologize for insulting our intelligence for his lame lie that he sold his pistol here. Apologize for showing his ass with this "thanks for bumping my thread" horse shit.

None of this will he do, so, in effect, ol' Vinnie is banning himself, because he knows he'll get a hard time here because of his lack of manners and his obstinance. What a guy. I'll bet he's a real peach in person.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
I wonder if ole Michael Spector beat us all to this gem of a deal.

I hope so. Big Grin

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
All of this is as clear as glass. He took down his ad because that was the only way to get the chiding to stop. He couldn't lock it, he couldn't delete it. All he could do is edit his post, claim that the pistol was sold, and try to be clever about members bumping his ad.

And if Vinnie has something to say, he can speak up, but the truth is that he doesn't really give a shit about this forum or its members.

Act like a jerk, get treated like a jerk.

Full disclosure - I didn’t really send him an email… Cool

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I guess Vinnie never heard of the adage that when you find yourself in a hole, the best strategy is to stop digging.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19665 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post