SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sig Forum Classifieds getting like Craigslist
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Forum Classifieds getting like Craigslist Login/Join 
posted
Seems like the Sig Forum Classifieds are getting like Craigslist where an email is sent to you asking if the item is still for sale or asking for additional information. You respond back and never hear back. Or you receive an email offering a third or half of your already reasonable price.
Very disappointing the direction of where these forums are going; right into the toilet....

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oh this oughta be good.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
uploading pictures

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Oh boy

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I will suggest you sell elsewhere then

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
I just posted about a lonely guy, looking for love, in all the wrong places.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the "Thin Skinners" and the "Easily Offended" are coming out of the woodwork quickly!
Someone must have turned the lights off?

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
Looks like the "Thin Skinners" and the "Easily Offended" are coming out of the woodwork quickly!

I don't believe that this is a case of the lights being off, but rather everyone else here can see what is going on. Just sayin'.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:

More like, we think you're driving on the railroad tracks:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Would you rather not have a classified section?

Just like with Craigslist and any online classifieds you should always exercise caution. The moderator here is actually actively trying to cut down on the tomfoolery on the classifieds here.

On the subject of Craigslist, Im actually a big fan of Craigslist even though it has some real chuckleheads who give the site a bad name. It is also a place where I have found incredible stuff. My go to motorcycle mechanic and friend was someone I met because he was selling a 1976 Suzuki.

Dealing with the occasional chuckleheads is better than losing the classified section which is also a real possibility.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Vinnie, my friend, online selling has always had its challenges. But, to lay that turd where you did was disrespectful. If you'd like to add some constructive criticism, perhaps you ought to contribute to the thread already started for that purpose?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/3270075984

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not. Even. Close.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, good, you're still here. I though this was a hit-and-run.

Tell me something- why are you trolling us?

It's quite obvious to me that is what you're doing. You have ten years and a thousand posts under your belt here. You have to know that this forum is monitored daily by forum ownership. You have to be aware of the pronounced issues that this and other gun forums (and forums of all types, it seems) have been having with scammer activity. You have to be aware of the multiple threads I've created, making members aware of these issues and stating emphatically the cautions members must take in order to avoid being ripped off. You must have seen the thread I created in which I am hashing out with the members a set of rules for Classifieds.

You certainly know that your post would elicit a reaction from members and you know that I would show up to comment.

Beyond all of that, you are certainly aware that window-shopping in forums is as common as can be, and yet, you want to lay human nature at our feet and declare it to be the death knell of web forums.

All of this is characteristic of trolling.

So, tell me- what is your actual problem? Oh, don't misunderstand me. I have zero expectation that you would admit you're trolling us, obvious though it is. No, just tell me what it is that wadded your panties to the point that you would pull an amateurish stunt like this.

Posts: 107606 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Oh, good, you're still here. I though this was a hit-and-run.

Tell me something- why are you trolling us?

It's quite obvious to me that is what you're doing. You have ten years and a thousand posts under your belt here. You have to know that this forum is monitored daily by forum ownership. You have to be aware of the pronounced issues that this and other gun forums (and forums of all types, it seems) have been having with scammer activity. You have to be aware of the multiple threads I've created, making members aware of these issues and stating emphatically the cautions members must take in order to avoid being ripped off. You must have seen the thread I created in which I am hashing out with the members a set of rules for Classifieds.

You certainly know that your post would elicit a reaction from members and you know that I would show up to comment.

Beyond all of that, you are certainly aware that window-shopping in forums is as common as can be, and yet, you want to lay human nature at our feet and declare it to be the death knell of web forums.

All of this is characteristic of trolling.

So, tell me- what is your actual problem? Oh, don't misunderstand me. I have zero expectation that you would admit you're trolling us, obvious though it is. No, just tell me what it is that wadded your panties to the point that you would pull an amateurish stunt like this.

Ridicules to imply I am "trolling".

I am only making a statement to an observation about actual Trolls emailing and asking if an item for sale is still available and then never respond back after you have responded back to them....That is a TROLL...

My GOD, you folks really take everything as an offense or looking to be insulted and ready for a battle...

I though that since this forum is advertised a "The Lounge", one could come here and post something without a "pile on"? But I guess you folks really are thin skinned and easy offended or you would not have been so quick to attack a simple posted observation....

Ban me if you may as I realize that maybe this is not a friendly open forum here on "The Lounge" but a Twitter type of forum where people are easily offended and speech is censored and criticized.

I said my piece and will not waste anymore time responding to this nonsense with thin skinned, easily offend, cancel culture actual TROLLS!

Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Thanks Vin. There's a lot of entertainment when someone like you pulls a stunt like this.

The popcorn in the microwave is ready - please carry on. Big Grin

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Today is Monday isn’t it? Not Sunday?

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
My GOD, you folks really take everything as an offense or looking to be insulted and ready for a battle...
Seriously, you are overreacting. You're behaving as if a handful of posts by members and a response by forum ownership is "piling on". You are really overreacting, and again, it does look to me like you're trying to get a rise out of members and out of me, and that is trolling. Is your life falling apart? It's apparent that you're angry about something, and it simply cannot be that you created this stink over online window-shopping. Does not compute.
quote:
I said my piece and will not waste anymore time responding to this nonsense with thin skinned, easily offend, cancel culture actual TROLLS!
It is you who is wasting my time with this ridiculous pissing and moaning over nothing.

Here's what you do- you sell you're stuff elsewhere, and then, problem solved. Oh, wait- the kind of thing you claim be upset about happens everywhere online. Well, one thing it will solve is that I won't have to listen to your silly complaints about nothing.

And, yes, you've had your say- on someone else's dime. You've had your say in a place you've patronized for a decade and have never been charged a penny for the use of its Classifieds section. You keep that in mind, and stay out of my Classifieds.

Posts: 107606 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Today is Monday isn’t it? Not Sunday?
It can be confusing at times, but it is in fact Monday... Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
As I gander at Cousin Vinnie’s post history, I see a trend of angry negativity.

It would not surprise me if this thread was started because he found another forum to participate in and decided to go out in a ball of flames here. That, or he lost out to someone in classifieds on an item that he wanted and now he’s pissed.

Vinny, for what it’s worth I don’t believe that you are as angry as you pretend to be. As Para mentioned, your initial post was the setup to get the reaction; your follow up was a checklist of the current buzzwords used to insult someone in today’s world.

What a silly waste of a 10 year investment here, especially about a topic you are obviously not genuinely concerned about. Roll Eyes

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post