SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sig Forum Classifieds getting like Craigslist
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Forum Classifieds getting like Craigslist Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Your ads have been removed from Classifieds.

Let's hear some more of that "My GOD" stuff. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Cousin Vinnie, you should demand a refund.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
/Looks at watch.

Yesterday was Sunday. You’re a day late and a dollar short, man!

Posts: 17133 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
The My Cousin Vinny quote should have been the one where the judge asked Vinny if he was on drugs. Such peculiar posts. After the first one, I assumed Vinny was just oblivious of the whole ongoing spammer saga in the classifieds. After the third, I'm so surprised at his general ignorance of the tenor of this forum.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
Seems like the Sig Forum Classifieds are getting like Craigslist where an email is sent to you asking if the item is still for sale or asking for additional information. You respond back and never hear back. Or you receive an email offering a third or half of your already reasonable price.
Very disappointing the direction of where these forums are going; right into the toilet....

That describes every forum I have been on regarding the classifieds.
It can get worse with local forums, like when a deal has been struck with a time and place set up to do it and the guy never shows or responds back.
Not the fault of the forum though or a representation of the membership.
Just a dip shit in a sea of many.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm to believe that he expected nothing but agreement with his empty complaint. I'm to believe he expected a sympathetic response from me.

Sure. I'm buyin' it. You bet.

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
You typically don’t see folks complain about the forum they are taking the advantage of using.

Isn’t there a saying about shooting one’s own foot or something?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I noticed that Vinnie used the term "you people" in his posts. As I read that it's a pretty definite distinguisher from himself and the group.

And I have to ask, if you insult the hive and the hive buzzes back and you belly-ache, who is the one thin-skinned?

I'll miss ya vin. I always like to have guys around that post less than I do.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Yup, the use of the descriptor 'you folks' jumped out at me as well...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Vinnie used the term "you people" in his posts. As I read that it's a pretty definite distinguisher from himself and the group

dunno....I never actually felt like I was a "you people" before, until all that other stuff....

It could have been sort of flattering, given the actual unassembled and widely varied talents of 'We the People' here....

Perhaps calling 1-800-aWAA will help Vinnie recover his perspective.

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
A Sigforum version of a "watch this, hold my beer" post.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'm going to head over to that Canadian owned forum (unnamed) and see how long before a post pops up about that horrible Green forum....

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
kinda hoped he'd have said "buncha yout's" instead of you people lol

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I think the reality is selling online in general is just like that these days. I read a story on a music board where a guy got offers for 1/3-1/2 of his asking price, asking if he would be willing to sell parts off the guitar, whether he could sell the case only, if he could weigh the guitar, etc.

Even read a story about how someone once went to go meet up with the buyer just for the buyer to say something like "I only brought $1,000 with me even though you said $1,300..."

This forum is different, and in a good way.

Posts: 13116 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
A couple points of order:

1) the forum does have a place to unload when you are pissed and just want to vent. That would be the “What’s you deal” area. If you have nothing constructive to say, and just want to dump some rage, that is the designated area.

2) if there is a question or complaint about the forum, or you want to make a suggestion for some sort of change, that would go into the “SIG forum office” area.

This post, had it been in one of those locations, would probably have gotten a different response. People don’t expect you to be rational or correct when you are just pitching your bitch, and the office has dealt with plenty of folks who are mad about the classifieds for one reason or another, and probably would have just directed you to the feedback thread and moved on. Folks on this forum have different expectations depending on where a topic is posted, and Vinny has been around long enough that he should be expected to know about these other sub forums. Posting in the lounge, with his post count and tenure, just looks like attention-seeking. At least, that is my opinion. I’m not always right.

- Bret

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
By the way, Vinnie. You can hide your presence from the "Online Now" section at the bottom of the main page, but you cannot hide it from me. You said you were done with this, but the truth is that you've been sitting here in the Lounge, watching this thread. Just be honest, why dontcha?

From five minutes ago (forum is set to Central Time)

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/vYgUPD2khtw

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am only making a statement to an observation about actual Trolls emailing and asking if an item for sale is still available and then never respond back after you have responded back to them....That is a TROLL...
Not really. That's lack of consideration, lack of true interest and consideration, scammer-sign, or, in some cases, maybe your reply email just plain ended-up in peoples' junkmail filters.

quote:
My GOD, you folks really take everything as an offense or looking to be insulted and ready for a battle...
Again: Not even close.

That was members who knew just what kind of reaction you'd get from standing in the rain, then complaining about getting wet.

quote:
Ban me if you may ...
Drama much?

quote:
... as I realize that maybe this is not a friendly open forum here on "The Lounge" but a Twitter type of forum where people are easily offended and speech is censored and criticized.
Wow. First shows his ass, then doubles-down by insulting the membership at large.

quote:
I said my piece and will not waste anymore time responding to this nonsense with thin skinned, easily offend, cancel culture actual TROLLS!
You know that pile-on you were requesting? I suspect your wish may be granted.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who'd a thunk it that Cousin Vinnie would turn out to be the one with the thin skin. Huh.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post