SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayer Request - My Younger Brother is in the Hospital w/ COVID (Updated 10/9 PM)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayer Request - My Younger Brother is in the Hospital w/ COVID (Updated 10/9 PM) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just prayed for him again.
Bob

Posts: 1585 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Short Update - 10/7 PM: Steady as she goes. Today was not really an eventful day. Lowered the Oxygen flow another notch and the guidance from the medical staff remains the same...."Stay prone, it's better." That said, the urgency/imperative nature of that directive seems a bit less critical now. In Doctor's speak, it would likely be 'stay prone as tolerated'. Still limiting communication to texting, but hopefully actual phone conversations will resume soon.

Once again, Thank You ALL for your continued prayers!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8983 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Awesome, that's progress. Baby steps. He's going to pull this off. Besides the people that have commented, there's probably 3-4x people praying for him.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20870 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank God for a good report!!!!

Posts: 787 | Registered: April 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Short Update - 10/7 PM: Steady as she goes. Today was not really an eventful day. Lowered the Oxygen flow another notch and the guidance from the medical staff remains the same...."Stay prone, it's better." That said, the urgency/imperative nature of that directive seems a bit less critical now. In Doctor's speak, it would likely be 'stay prone as tolerated'. Still limiting communication to texting, but hopefully actual phone conversations will resume soon.

Once again, Thank You ALL for your continued prayers!
Is he actually lying prone, or supine? He'd be face down on his tummy if prone.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
100% certain he is prone.

Best position for recovery of lung issues, supine is very bad.

It prevents proper and adequate ventilation and the lower lungs get fluid filled and that puts you in a bad place fast.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43940 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
48hr Update - 10/9 PM: Milestone...NO More High-Flow Oxygen! After lowering the Oxygen flow a number of times yesterday & today, they removed it altogether this evening! Still getting some supplementary O2 via Nasal Cannula, but a BIG milestone today. John has been up & around (can't go very far in the room), and doing some squats/deep knee bends to get the blood flowing and exercise his Cardio-Vascular System. I believe he's feeling a lot more comfortable now, especially w/o the High Flow O2. Things are SO Much quieter & less obtrusive, so hopefully he'll be sleeping a little better as well.

No word on when he might get to check out of 'Hotel Corona' just yet, but he's DEFINITELY making steady progress right direction!

A BIG Thank You to ALL who have been praying for John, and following this thread. You are appreciated more than you can know!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8983 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Yay!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Excellent! I'm praying for a speedy return to everyday life next.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20870 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Very happy to hear his condition is improving. That’s awesome.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Great news!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10966 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news! Praying for complete recovery (and soon).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
That is great news!

Posts: 9180 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praise God in the highest for the Excellent !!! God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post