SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayer Request - My Younger Brother is in the Hospital w/ COVID (Updated 10/9 PM)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayer Request - My Younger Brother is in the Hospital w/ COVID (Updated 10/9 PM) Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that! My experience with the ICU was less than fun also. Being able to take a shower was the best thing! And getting more than four hours of uninterrupted sleep.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11311 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear he is improving, adding his name to my nightly prayers.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10966 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Praying for John and all of your family. Glad to read of the improvement and hope it continues daily.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Short Update - 10/5 PM: Maintaining recent gains. Tried lowering Oxygen flow today, but had to raise it back up, so not there yet. John can eat his meals in a sitting position now (that's definitely good!), but still needs to be prone to in order to maintain good Blood Oxygen levels overall. Stayed off of the phone today as well today, so still limiting communication to texting.

Once again, thank you all for your continued prayers!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8977 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still praying!!!

Posts: 787 | Registered: April 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Prayers continuing…

0:01

Posts: 4217 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine continue, too.

Bob

Posts: 1585 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Continuing to send prayers!

Posts: 4507 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Prayers and good thoughts for John, that he makes a complete and speedy recovery, and for your entire family to remain strong in this difficult time.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Im glad he is doing better. Still praying for him.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3873 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Update - 10/6 PM: A day of Improvement! Oxygen flow was reduced THREE times today, and he's maintaining 95% Blood Oxygen consistently now. Blood tests all look good and Blood Pressure was the best recorded numbers in the history of John, at least as far as he can remember! In his words, "Yeah, it's been a GOOD Day!"

Also, something I wasn't aware of, he's been fever free since Monday, which is significant since he had been running a fever since Monday of the previous week.

Sooo, a solid day of Improvement. Apparently, the Nurses were reporting that John's the happiest COVID Patient EVER! Smile

Thank you SIGforum for your continued prayers for strength and healing. We are all EXTREMELY Grateful!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8977 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Will include you and John in my evening prayers

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome nhracecraft!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11311 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news and good for John! Sounds like he is on the mend.

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news! Glad to hear this.

Posts: 11869 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This is good to see Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Great news!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news! Way to go John! You'll be doing laps in the hospital hallways soon.

Continued prayers and good thoughts headed your way.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
95% is an excellent 02 number to hear !! Great progress.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
John's in my prayers.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4242 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post