SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Multiple fatalities, 10 injured following fiery crash involving 12 cars, 3 semis on I-70 in Colorado
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Multiple fatalities, 10 injured following fiery crash involving 12 cars, 3 semis on I-70 in Colorado Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the “big supporters of law and order” on this board.

You got what you wanted. The victims were pissed on by the system.

I know you’re proud.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Bullshit.

Complete bull shit. The guy earned all of his 110. Four people are dead because of him.

I’d like to see a follow up in a decade when he gets out, where an unknown person guts this guy and ties him to the hood of a truck like a deer.

He killed four people thru his own negligence. Not because he forgot to use his signal.

Further proof that you get no justice in the justice system….smh

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11285 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
commuting your sentence to 10 years and granting you parole eligibility on December 30, 2026."

What the fuck? I was against the original sentence, but this is a slap in the face to the family's with lost loved ones.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The victims got fucked twice.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34118 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

What the fuck? I was against the original sentence, but this is a slap in the face to the family's with lost loved ones.

It's shameful, yes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You won’t find those social justice minded individuals who were appalled by having to serve 22 years writing the same 1000 word block text replies filled with bold and italic, to show that much outrage now.

They got what they wanted.

There may be mock outrage. They may even throw out euphemisms like “this is not who we are” or “I usually respect blah, blah, blah” to minimize or qualify. But, make no mistake, this was the result they wanted.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Absolutely unconscionable and ludicrous. From one extreme to the other. Yet one more example of a dysfunctional government that can't manage to get anything right.

For those that may not be aware, with his hundreds of millions of dollars, former Colorado U. S. congressman now Governor Jared Polis has been making moves and speeches setting himself up for an eventual election run towards the White House. He is an extreme Leftist, but in recent months as the Democrat's policies and brand have suffered nationally, he has ever-so-slightly walked back a handful of his policies and positions.

The fact that this case was getting so much attention and the truck driver was getting so much support, was enough to cause me to believe that Gov. Polis would intervene and make a play to develop some goodwill with the hispanic vote... but I didn't expect him to get involved so quickly, before the judicial process was even complete.

Zero interest by the Governor in the two years preceding this case, until after the sentence and national attention of the petition. As much as I disagree with and despise this Democrat Governor, even I didn't think he would act so irredeemably stupidly in this drastic a reduction in sentence.

Do me a favor.. if this Governor does decide to run for president, remind those you know of this story and his miscarriage of justice, as just one more reason not to support him.

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
You won’t find those social justice minded individuals who were appalled by having to serve 22 years writing the same 1000 word block text replies filled with bold and italic, to show that much outrage now.

They got what they wanted.

There may be mock outrage. They may even throw out euphemisms like “this is not who we are” or “I usually respect blah, blah, blah” to minimize or qualify. But, make no mistake, this was the result they wanted.

Oh look, it's jones running his mouth again, how unusual. Roll Eyes

This sentence went from one extreme to the other, and it wasn't settled by the justice system sentencing or the legal system, but by an activist governor looking to score political points, so how 'bout you spare us the sanctimonious I told you so routine.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Nah, I tend to never pass up a chance to point out social justice failures.

www.opspectraining.com

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Another example of how Colorado and its "leaders" have turned this place into shit. He got what he deserved originally. Utterly disgusting.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without taking a stance on the original or new sentence, I'll say this:

The prosecutors should have known damn well what a conviction on all 27 counts was going to get and should not have presented all 27 counts if they did not want him to get 110 years.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Oh look, it's jones running his mouth again, how unusual. Roll Eyes

This sentence went from one extreme to the other, and it wasn't settled by the justice system sentencing or the legal system, but by an activist governor looking to score political points, so how 'bout you spare us the sanctimonious I told you so routine.

jljones has been posting with clarity, and 'telling us so' since the day the sentence was announced, so nothing has changed here....He was right then, and he's right now!

Every post by sigcrazy7 has been right on target too! Just sayin'... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post