SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    James Comey terminated
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Comey terminated Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Can he do that?

I thought the director was appointed and didn't serve at the pleasure of the president.

Slippery slope if you ask me. Next president - ubber liberal who make Obama look like the right's best friend (Kammila Harris?) does not like the fact the FBI is or has investigate the new president.

How to stop the investigation from airing - fire them, Trump did.

Yes, he can. It's been done before.

If you're referring to Clinton, and you must be, that actually ended up in front of a judge who ultimately gave the ok considering the circumstances of that director.

I don't believe there has ever been another case of an FBI director being summarily fired.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Here is the text of the letter President Donald Trump wrote to James Comey terminating Comey from his position:

Dear Director Comey,

I have received the attached letters from the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General of the United States recommending your dismissal as Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I have accepted their recommendation and you are hereby terminated and removed from office, effective immediately.

While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgement of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau.

It is essential that we find new leadership for the FBI that restores public trust and confidence in its vital law enforcement mission.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Donald J. Trump

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, let him fight to get his job back. It would be a whole separate shit show, and he would fail and bring further disrepute upon the FBI.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
High Time. The man couldn't decide which team to bat for.

I couldn't decide what he believed.

Glad he is gone.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20388 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Fantastic news. Can't wait to hear the blubbering from the libtards on the news radio on the way home.

Don't they hate him too?

Yes, I believe he is loathed equally in both camps.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4502 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Best news I've heard in a while!

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Saw it live and had to listen to it twice to make sure I heard the details right as stated about recommendations of the AG and justice department, the Trump letter, and Trump's firing of him effective immediately. This is one fellow who will not have many friends on either side of the aisle.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Comey was incompetent.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have received the attached letters from the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General of the United States recommending your dismissal as Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Hasn't Comey been under investigation himself? I wonder what they found.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comey's leadership team at the FBI better start polishing their resumes.

Silent

Posts: 1054 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Thank you President Trump!! Let this be just the start of the swamp draining that will eventually culminate in Clinton and all the rest of the vultures being held accountable and face charges as they rightly should have a long time ago.

Now release Sally Yates emails to Judicial Watch which they have already sued for and we will get to the truth to all this Russian bull crap.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
FOX keeps saying why now. Who cares. Comey should have been out when he screwed up the Hillary investigation last summer.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Comey seemed to be indecisive and blow with the wind.
He was scratching too many backs I think.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
How could the libs be unhappy that he fired the guy who handed him the presidency?

Roll Eyes

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
How could the libs be unhappy that he fired the guy who handed him the presidency?

Because logic never suits their purpose

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Wonder if the "FBI Member" who left, would like to come back and admit that sometimes if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a dog turd.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44457 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
My frustration w Comey is that on wild sensational topics such as

- Russia hacking the election,
- Trump hiring prostitutes to piss in a hotel bed that Obama once slept in,
- President Trump colluding with Russia,
- Clinton's illegal handling of thousands of classified documents

Comey just never gave the American people straight answers in a timely fashion.

He constantly hid behind "We can't say anything about an ongoing investigation"

These topics had half of America thinking we had an illegitimate President, and gave fuel to the wildest DEM attack dogs and never-Trumpers.

Comey never went after the Clinton email investigation the way any standard case would be addressed over TS/SCI SAP. For all of those involved, their computers would have been immediately taken by the FBI. People like Bryan Pagliano, the tech from Platte River, Abedin, Mills, Sullivan, the entire State Dept IT team, etc would have been melted like butter to get to the truth.

Comey was at a critical point in history, and he didn't measure up.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Wonder if the "FBI Member" who left, would like to come back and admit that sometimes if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a dog turd.

I think you may be mixing metaphors, but in this case it's spot on. He's both a quack and a dog turd.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, charge him with something, and offer him a sweet deal if he spills his guts on the Beast or anything Zippy and his staff did. Comey is a gutless loser.

Posts: 3645 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post