SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Salesforce warns its clients: 'Stop selling military-style rifles, or stop using our software'
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Salesforce warns its clients: 'Stop selling military-style rifles, or stop using our software' Login/Join 
posted
Salesforce has joined the corporate virtue signaling brigade. I'm not sure how much can be done since they're so ingrained in their market and the boycott thing is largely futile.

https://www.sfgate.com/busines...n-fight-13906606.php

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do their contracts enable them to dictate what the customer sells?

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

Unknown, but they generally don't have to deal with anyone they don't wish to. If there is a contract that doesn't allow them to dictate this, they may be forced to continue for a time, but can decline to renew when it expires.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Aren't there plenty of software companies/developers that would love to sell them a product to replace SalesForce? Probably cheaper? I'd bet the new company would throw in a conversion too!
It's not as if Salesforce is a behemoth like bookface...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with this. Let the market decide.

I imagine Gander/Camping world will decide it is worth the one-time cost to switch CRM providers rather than risk a Dick's-style boycott from the 2A community.

If Salesforce doesn't want their money, that's fine by me.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Reverse the boycott. Find out who is using salesforce DB & don’t give them your business

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Reverse the boycott. Find out who is using salesforce DB & don’t give them your business

I like this idea.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

I like this idea.

They have a lot of them listed on their website. Most of which I wouldn't do business with anyways so it's a non-issue for me.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Salesforce is a publicly traded company. As such, the media should be interviewing majority shareholders to ask them if such a mandate is appropriate when management is risking 'their' investment capital with such a decision.

Salesforce is not the only CRM program in town, and if they want to risk business relationships with companies the size of Camping World, then I'd suggest their management needs to be replaced because they are not fulfilling their primary responsibility, that being to grow the company while protecting shareholder interests.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I’d tell them “bake the cake.”

Posts: 9965 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pipelinedeals.com. No need for salesforce and their commie politics. We switched to pipeline 4 years ago and I wouldn’t want to switch back and pipe line is way less expensive per user.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My only apparent accomplishment in life is being banned from an ancient forum
posted Hide Post
Marc Beinhoff is a well known total piece of shit.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

Posts: 166 | Location: Washington State | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
It's not as if Salesforce is a behemoth like bookface...

Yes they are.
Companies such as SAP, IBM, and Oracle have been loosing customers and employees to Salesforce over the last 10-years.
Facebook utilizes Salesforce to run their new Facebook Analytics, its value can't be overstated for businesses that are reliant on marketing.
They just completed building their new corporate offices, now the tallest building in the West.

Founder/Owner Marc Benioff is super-liberal asshole who's been very political since 44's election; like Zuckerburg, he's throwing his money everywhere in San Francisco, with stipulations attached. He's one of the Democrats biggest financiers thus his influence in policy pursuits.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I have no problem with this. Let the market decide.

I imagine Gander/Camping world will decide it is worth the one-time cost to switch CRM providers rather than risk a Dick's-style boycott from the 2A community.

If Salesforce doesn't want their money, that's fine by me.

Gander/Camping World is already on my boycott list.

https://racingnews.co/2017/08/...rk-martin-nascar-rv/

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh, I've been interviewing with them.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Switching companies is not as easy as it sounds. Our company for instance has pretty much everything integrated into SalesForce. From email marketing, quotes, product search, orders, AR, etc. switching would be a nightmare, so I am sure they are paying some expert right now to crunch the numbers.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
Ugh, I've been interviewing with them.

They pay well, which means you will be able to buy more guns. Make lemonade!

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

Unknown, but they generally don't have to deal with anyone they don't wish to. If there is a contract that doesn't allow them to dictate this, they may be forced to continue for a time, but can decline to renew when it expires.

This would likely be the reason the article said they had to wait until companies contacts renewed before making the changes to the contracts.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
WTF is "Military-style" anyway?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I’d tell them “bake the cake.”

yes. how is this any different?

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post