SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Salesforce warns its clients: 'Stop selling military-style rifles, or stop using our software'
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Salesforce warns its clients: 'Stop selling military-style rifles, or stop using our software' Login/Join 
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
WTF is "Military-style" anyway?

It has a shoulder thingy that goes up.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Looks scary."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:

Identifying characteristics:
- Black
- clips that hold lots of bullets
- can fire thousands of bullets a second
- can fire bullets automatically
- the bullets are high powered
- the bullets can go through a tank
- the thingy on the back can move
- there is a whatchamacallit on the front that makes the gun quiet

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 718 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:
quote:

- Black

you forgot the pistol grip, that makes it super duper more deadly......

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
quote:
quote:

- Black

you forgot the pistol grip, that makes it super duper more deadly......

and EXPLODE!

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's a buzzword that, once accepted, will be applied to every gun, especially pistols, and used as an additional avenue of attack.

Posts: 3662 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
Aren't there plenty of software companies/developers that would love to sell them a product to replace SalesForce? Probably cheaper? I'd bet the new company would throw in a conversion too!
It's not as if Salesforce is a behemoth like bookface...

You must not be keeping up in the world of IT. Salesforce is considered one of the top "cloud" providers in the market. They aren't as big as Amazon or Microsoft, but they rank up there with the top tier:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/...orce-dominates-saas/

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:

Q: What do you need a bayonet for?
A:Hunting

Q:What do you 'hunt' with a bayonet?
A:The enemy.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4619 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sales Force is nothing special and can be easily replaced by 20-25 competitive offerings.

Yeah - they are publicly traded. Who cares. Most companies that use Sales Force only access a fraction of their offerings and overpay for what they actually need.

Good riddance.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Sales Force is nothing special and can be easily replaced by 20-25 competitive offerings.

Yeah - they are publicly traded. Who cares. Most companies that use Sales Force only access a fraction of their offerings and overpay for what they actually need.

Good riddance.

^^^This, very much.

When I was working with it on my last job the vast majority of people making waaaay more money than me just couldn't figure it out. So, it was often up to me to keep their cats wrangled on the goddamned thing.

If Salesforce is that tough for sales people (forgot to mention that was who I was talking about) then it really shouldn't have "sales" in the title. Let alone be full of itself enough to dictate terms to its clients.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SalesForce makes a product that does not provide an original answer to driving profitable volume. At its core, SalesForce is a cumbersome tool designed for bad managers who don’t know what their people are doing.

Probably a good thing for the firearm industry if they don’t use SalesForce’s crappy product.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R K9 J:
SalesForce makes a product that does not provide an original answer to driving profitable volume. At its core, SalesForce is a cumbersome tool designed for bad managers who don’t know what their people are doing.

Probably a good thing for the firearm industry if they don’t use SalesForce’s crappy product.

SFDC is top tier pricewise. I would think a lot of gun businesses would be more frugal with their funds than to pay what SFDC costs, especially given so many lower cost and good competitors. IIRC, it was $2500 per user per year at my first job that had it, and we had at least 100 users. I used it every minute of every day for about eight years.

In my experience just about no one uses SFDC for what it was intended to be, which is a revenue forecasting tool. When you're paying top dollar and only using it for a CRM, that's a waste. It can do a lot of other things, but then to really maximize it you then have to hire people who are total experts at it and make them SFDC administrators. And that doesn't come cheap. I actually have a good gun buddy who works for SFDC. They pay very well. I know he's putting some of that salary and commission back into the gun biz.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
My e-mail to Second Amendment Foundation:
This article concerned me, and it seems to be an issue that SAF may be interested in pursuing [or maybe already is?].

>>> https://www.sfgate.com/busines...n-fight-13906606.php

It seems to me that a company of this size (dealing in interstate commerce) with clients in virtually if not every state should not be trying to dictate behavior of their clients in violation of the Second Amendment. I cannot imagine that this is not illegal - perhaps it is even un-constitutional.

This company undoubtedly has very deep pockets and a huge legal staff - but I believe this practice is un-American and Salesforce richly deserves a legal challenge.
Please respond to me on this as I am interested to know if SAF is already pursuing or interested in future pursuit of litigation against Salesforce.

If SAF finds this to be a non-issue, I would like to know why. Corporate contracts between Salesforce and their clients are of course understandable, but trampling on the Second Amendment is not an acceptable or legal business practice in my opinion.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The irony of how the libs condemn anyone who discriminate on the basic of "looks" and yet how a firearm "looks" aka ~ style is a basis for a ban. Roll Eyes

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Salesforce is a private company and as such can decide with whom to do business as long as they are not a protected class (ie race). They are also not operating in a natural monopoly marketplace either and are not subject to regulation as such.

The only avenue that could possible work is either pressure via the press or against their customers. He has tweeted for people to contact him at ceo@salesforce.com, but that was a few years ago. I would wonder if he would give us a list of their customers so we could boycott so we could bring market pressure on his company. Probably not, he only wants to put it to the little guy.

Posts: 103 | Registered: April 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
I would like to get some more input on this........ would any SF legal experts care to comment?

I have to think that there is some way to throttle these "CEO activists". I see this case as somewhat parallel to what is going on with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and several other companies which are now directed by social manipulation goals rather than practice usual capitalism.

This case may be somewhat different in that the social interference is in conflict with the free market of firearms - this may raise legal questions related to 2A.

I am not an attorney - and I have never stayed at a Howard Johnson's. It seems to me though that it would be worth a shot to bring litigation is there is ANY leg to stand on.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

- Black

And it is full semi-automatic.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I believe a military-style rifle must also have a shoulder-thing that goes up.

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's easy. If it's loose, worn out, has no finish left, malfunctions a lot, shoots left and comes with a broken sling, then it's military style.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
I would like to get some more input on this........ would any SF legal experts care to comment?

I have to think that there is some way to throttle these "CEO activists". I see this case as somewhat parallel to what is going on with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and several other companies which are now directed by social manipulation goals rather than practice usual capitalism.

This case may be somewhat different in that the social interference is in conflict with the free market of firearms - this may raise legal questions related to 2A.

I am not an attorney - and I have never stayed at a Howard Johnson's. It seems to me though that it would be worth a shot to bring litigation is there is ANY leg to stand on.

It's a business adjusting its contracts for services it provides. Your constitutional right to keep and bear arms protects you from the government. Salesforce customers can keep using Salesforce subject to whatever terms they negotiate with Salesforce or they can use a different vendor. A block of investors with enough shares could force the issue but that's unlikely to happen as this change in policy is unlikely to impact share price in a meaningful way. Gun owners and firearms aren't a protected class.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post