SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Salesforce warns its clients: 'Stop selling military-style rifles, or stop using our software'
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Salesforce warns its clients: 'Stop selling military-style rifles, or stop using our software' Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I have no problem with this. Let the market decide.

I imagine Gander/Camping world will decide it is worth the one-time cost to switch CRM providers rather than risk a Dick's-style boycott from the 2A community.

If Salesforce doesn't want their money, that's fine by me.

Gander/Camping World is already on my boycott list.

https://racingnews.co/2017/08/...rk-martin-nascar-rv/

Camping world was on my s**t list due to Marcus Lemonis hating Trump. But this was interesting: "Mark Martin via twitter, “After a call from Marcus Lemonis today regret my tweet yesterday. I believe many articles about his statement were misrepresented.”"

Posts: 1924 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Do their contracts enable them to dictate what the customer sells?

Unknown, but they generally don't have to deal with anyone they don't wish to. If there is a contract that doesn't allow them to dictate this, they may be forced to continue for a time, but can decline to renew when it expires.
This is likely very accurate (not that anyone would doubt jhe888 here). Also, most SaaS software vendors have a lot of outs in their contracts and while I haven’t ever reviewed Salesforce’s, I’d be shocked if they don’t have termination for convenience rights.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Well, all that lost biz will go to zee Germans at SAP or to Larry at ORCL.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Salesforce is not the only duck in the pond.

Sounds like it's time that they learned that lesson.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The problem is that their customers are not going to give a shit about this one way or another. Given that they're a business to business company, the gun rights community is going to have a hard time getting any leverage on them. They have a hard time getting leverage on consumer products companies that aren't in businesses that depend on shooters.

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:

Camping world was on my s**t list due to Marcus Lemonis hating Trump. But this was interesting: "Mark Martin via twitter, “After a call from Marcus Lemonis today regret my tweet yesterday. I believe many articles about his statement were misrepresented.”"

I wonder if Lemonis has made a public clarification?

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just canceled a preset call with them for Wednesday. We were getting close to buying their software.

We are a small deal for them but its a big deal to me. Cant do business with someone when there are multiple other vendors who don't push their politics on their customer base.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
The problem is that their customers are not going to give a shit about this one way or another. Given that they're a business to business company, the gun rights community is going to have a hard time getting any leverage on them. They have a hard time getting leverage on consumer products companies that aren't in businesses that depend on shooters.

quote:

My post has nothing to do with the gun rights community attempting to apply any type of leverage to anyone.

The first point is that Salesforce is nothing but a vendor selling a product.

The second point is that vendors are supplying a product to a business. It is not the vendors’ position to attempt to tell that business how to run their business.

The third point is that there are many other vendors providing a similar product, some may be better, some may be worse. In other words, Salesforce does not have a monopoly.

In summation: Any vendor that attempts to tell me how I can or cannot run my business will soon be replaced.

And that is the lesson Salesforce needs to learn.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:

In summation: Any vendor that attempts to tell me how I can or cannot run my business will soon be replaced.

This. They are a Freaking vendor with delusions of grandeur and nothing more. They don't run your business nor should they.

What if every vendor did this? It would be a mess. A complete mess.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
we used to be a client of Salesforce and gave up on them as being essentially useless for tech support and the huge number of mistakes they made and cost us a lot of grief

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post