SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Military appreciation with a P228 Karma ---> *** WINNER = Yellow Jacket ***
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military appreciation with a P228 Karma ---> *** WINNER = Yellow Jacket *** Login/Join 
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Wow, amazing karma! I’m an Air Force vet, 89-10, been just about everywhere, happy I could serve and do my part. Thank you for the chance!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Very Generous! My Father was a LT commander in The USN. He served on a Destroyer during Korea, and retired in '69 during Vietnam. Two stories I recall was one when his ship chased a Russian subs conning tower. The other when he was in port in mid 50s and there was a guy selling shoes on dock. They agreed on the price ($5.) and my Dad lowered via a line of the 5 to him. He grabbed the five and didnt tie the shoes onto the line. My Dad started yelling at a Policeman from his ship, the policeman gave chase to the guy and started shooting at him! Dad never knew the outcome. Oh, and November 11 is my parents wedding anniversary!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. My father was in the USMC during Korea.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Please add me.

USAF 68-72

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Thanks for your ever-generous karmas, and please add me in. My father served in the U.S. Army towards the end of WW2 and for several years after. Which is how I became a "charter baby boomer), born in 1946. Smile

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I too would like to enter.
USAF/USA 1963- 1968.
Thanks Q-- It is for people like you ( in many ways) that we fought.

Be well and stay safe-- YPH

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Q, thank you for such a generous karma. Father and sister both served. I think this would be quite fitting for my sister.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the generous karma. I would like to enter.

My great-uncle enlisted in 1942 and fought on the western front. One of my grandfathers was in the Navy during WW2.

My father was in active army for 6 years and reached the rank of staff sergeant, but he served in the period after the Korean War and before the Vietnam War.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Please put me in on behalf of my father.

Early Vietnam era vet.

US Army, M60 gunner.

Thank you for your generosity.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
My Father served. I am in. Thanks

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Hi Q, very generous Karma. You are a very thoughtful individual. I dont have much to say here. I had 2 brothers drafted Vietnam ( twins ). When that was realized one was shipped to Korea ( DMZ ). They both returned home after almost 2 years. About 2 months apart. Both were a hot mess. They went in boys and came back alcohol and drug addicted. They eventually went into rehabilitation both got off the drugs couldn't shake booze. Neither made it to the age of 50. Thanks Q for being so selfless. John

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deeds Not Words
posted Hide Post
Still serving and working with Sailors after 26 years in our Navy — I am in!

Navy BMD: When "Aim High" isn't High Enough!

Posts: 62 | Registered: August 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I'm eligible , but do not enter me. I only wonder how many 228s 12131 actually has.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me.
Father Navy, sister Navy, one BIL Marine, other BIL Air Force, one step son Navy, other step son Marine.

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
Wow,so generous, Shawn here, 3rd gen Marine,active duty 89 to 95 ,earned my CAR in Desert Storm thanks for this chance!!

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
How many of these damn things do you have?? Smile.

Please don’t include me as I only fit in an ancillary way and I want those who are far more deserving to win.

I do want to know how many of these you have? Smile

Thank you so much for your generosity, you are one of a kind and I wish I could be remotely as generous.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
I served years ago Nam Era
Please enter me in your generous karma.........thank you

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
My entire family served. My wife and I served in the Navy and both of our sons are Marines.

Thank you!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I never served but plenty of my family did.

My grand father and his x2 brothers fought in European in WW2. They were all in the same group together. Towards the end of the war they were getting sent elsewhere. He tell the story of how they were on a train headed to France. When they got there they heard that Germany had surrendered. He once made the joke that Hitler heard "The Murphy Boys" were coming and just gave up. Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
AS stated in the military pedigree thread, my son is active duty Navy and was recently selected to attend OCS. I'd like to enter on behalf of him.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post