SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Military appreciation with a P228 Karma ---> *** WINNER = Yellow Jacket ***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military appreciation with a P228 Karma ---> *** WINNER = Yellow Jacket *** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the marvelous opportunity on this Sig. My father was in WWII, Battle of the Bulge. I was the later in life son after multiple daughters.

Thanks to all who serve or served.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Please count me in for a chance. My father served in the Air Force during the Korean War., and now my son has joined the Air Force, and is currently in tech school at Fort Leonard Wood. In November, he will move to Ellsworth AFB.

I really miss my shooting buddy.

Thank you for this, 12131!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
My grandfather in WWII The Bulge and after.

Me-Cold War Era mid-late 80’s 101st Airborne 1/327th Infantry Regiment 11B/11C M224 Gunner

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Will need to find some photos, not much story, as I served during the Cold War. Kaduna AB Okinawa, RAF Mildenhall UK, and Grand Forks ND.

Dad and Uncle served in the Navy during the Korean War transporting equipment to Tule AB Greenland.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your generosity. Please enter me as my son is currently serving in the USMC.

Posts: 600 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in, USAF 2001-2006, thanks for the chance good luck everyone!

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Please add me. Retired in 92 after serving 26 years in US Army. Had blood relatives serve in almost every war since the Revolutionary war but alas the tradition ended with me.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
USCG 88-11
My dad was also inthe CG from 66-70

I’ve got some good sea stories but they all start with, “I was really drunk at the time” hahaha

Thanks for the chance!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11285 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
Awesome karma, thank for the opportunity.

82nd Airborne Division 1984-1987

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Don’t count me because I have not served, I just wanted to thank all those who have and say this is an awesome karma!

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of james_1234
posted Hide Post
Please count me in.

USAF 86 - 90

Posts: 1362 | Location: Colorado | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
A tremendously generous karma - thank you!

Retired Army, June 1990 to September 2013.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks you again for all you do. one of my regrets in life is that I did not serve. I came of age at the end of the Vietnam era. Many of my family members haved served in the past, and a nephew died in a training drill while serving in the Marines. thanks again,

Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maternal grandfather served in the Korean War. Thank you for the chance as always!

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 814 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
Wow, That is most gracious of you.
Please add my entry.

Retired Navy 1977-2001

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please put me down for a birthday entry.

Thanks for the chance.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please sign me up for this very generous karma!
4 years of Army here,with most male members of my family with Army service as well.

Posts: 128 | Location: somewhere in the lower great lakes | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
In please sir. USAF, 1977-1981 MAC, Det 29 at Buckley ANG Base for most of it. Now it's a full time AFB.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fizteach
posted Hide Post
USMC vet here. Thanks for the chance!!!

Get over it!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Campbell, TX | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I'll toss my hat in the ring for this.

grandfather on my dad's side: he was a retired E9 in the army. Enlisted sometime at or just before WWII. Never really spoke about his time and when asked, talked about the great skills military teaches our youth.

grandfather in my mom's : he was a 90-day wonder boy during WWII. This was when drafted, they found out he had a degree and 90 days later was commissioned in the US Navy (Tom Hanks character eludes to also being this in Saving Private Ryan). I know he served in the South Pacific and i have the a silver box which his LtJg bars were presented along with the ribbons (on a bar) which he earned. As a sailor, I cherish these items.

He also repeated that if I ever wanted to know what real war was like, I was to ask my other grandpa.

M dad was set to be drafted into Vietnam. Because my mom was pregnant with me, and my dad was the eldest male in the family, his draft notice was nullified.

Me; I spent 23 years enlisted in the Navy as an Aircraft Electrician. Did seven cruises (almost 11 years sea time) and visited almost 30 different countries. I was in VF-2 for Desert Storm and aboard the USS Tarawa when the Cole was attacked/ bombed (ie, we were there). Three of my four children were born when I was away and the one I was home for (my second daughter), was born on the same day as I.

None of my three daughters joined the military though two of them married into the military. The youngest, my son, joined the Army as a battle field medic and is now finishing his degree. If all goes as planned, and my wonderful daughter-in-law keeps him in line, the kid will be commissioned in the Navy 2021.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post