SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Al-Qaeda Terrorist's Brother Allegedly Takes Hostages at Texas Synagogue, Demands Her Release
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Al-Qaeda Terrorist's Brother Allegedly Takes Hostages at Texas Synagogue, Demands Her Release Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
If the video I saw was authentic, somebody on HRT started yelling “landslide”. Which means get out the way you cake there’s explosives in here.

Which leads me to believe he might have had a device on his person as well. That’s something we don’t normally see here.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
That’s something we don’t normally see here.

It seems to me that there are many more incidents in which a BG claims to have explosives than actually does.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have often spoke negatively about the FBI but not this time.
Great job, HRT!

They also did a great job down in Georgia when that nut job kidnapped that young boy and held him in a bunker a few years ago. The Team House interviewed the former Commander of HRT, Danny Coulson. I was amazed that they were able to the boy out when it first happened, but I was even more amazed when I learned how they did it. It's available on The Team House podcast.
I believe you're referring to this:
2013 Alabama bunker hostage crisis, Midland City, AL

Which is about 10 miles from where I'm located... But yes, thumbs up for HRT. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"The Texas synagogue hostage taker's demands were specifically focused on issues not connected to the Jewish community." Critics are slamming the FBI as 'solely focused on destroying the domestic enemies of the Democratic Party'

Give me a fucking break. Yeah, the "guy with the English accent" just chose a synogogue at random. Just who do you think you're fooling?? Liar. L-I-A-R

The FBI is facing backlash on social media after an official said that the Texas synagogue hostage taker’s demands were "not specifically related to the Jewish community."

"The FBI is now an organization solely focused on destroying the domestic enemies of the Democratic Party," conservative talk radio show Jesse Kelly tweeted Sunday morning. "Any Republican Congress or Presidential candidate who doesn’t loudly proclaim his intention to massively reform or disband this organization should not be considered."

Kelly’s tweet came in response to the Associated Press reporting that FBI officials said "the Texas synagogue hostage taker's demands were specifically focused on issues not connected to the Jewish community."

"We do believe from our engaging with this subject that he was singularly focused on one issue, and it was not specifically related to the Jewish community. But we're continuing to work to find motive," FBI Special Agent in Charge Matt DeSarno said at a press conference.

Posts: 107562 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
That’s something we don’t normally see here.

It seems to me that there are many more incidents in which a BG claims to have explosives than actually does.

Very true.

But something in this case caused the team leader to call landslide after they were internal.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Malik Faisal Akram - 44-year-old British citizen

Yeah, he just chose a synagogue at random.

quote:
"This was an act of terror," Biden remarked, praising the FBI and vowing he would speak with the rabbi on how his administration can support houses of worship with "the antisemitism that’s ramping up."
You want to get rid of anti-semitism, you hypocrite? You can do so by removing every Democrat from this country. And the idea that Biden can have a positive effect on anything is ludicrous. That rabbi woud have a better chance of finding a solution to anti-semitism by talking with his cat.

Posts: 107562 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Malik Faisal Akram - 44-year-old British citizen

quote:
"This was an act of terror," Biden remarked, praising the FBI and vowing he would speak with the rabbi on how his administration can support houses of worship with "the antisemitism that’s ramping up."
You want to get rid of anti-semitism, you hypocrite? You can do so by removing every Democrat from this country.

The Broad Squad would be an excellent start.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
“British man” on the local news just now. Roll Eyes

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
“British man” on the local news just now. Roll Eyes

Google search his name. British man, UK citizen, man with english accent, British national. There is not one single picture of him either

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Malik Faisal Akram, 44,

According to federal law enforcement, Akram arrived to the U.S. roughly two weeks ago through JFK International Airport.

Posts: 19570 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting to hear that the happily deceased was on the radar of British police/domestic intelligence who notified US intelligence of his travels and in turn put TOP MEN on the trail. To bad they were distracted by those noisy parents at school board meetings.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33800 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have often spoke negatively about the FBI but not this time.
Great job, HRT!

They also did a great job down in Georgia when that nut job kidnapped that young boy and held him in a bunker a few years ago. The Team House interviewed the former Commander of HRT, Danny Coulson. I was amazed that they were able to the boy out when it first happened, but I was even more amazed when I learned how they did it. It's available on The Team House podcast.
I believe you're referring to this:
2013 Alabama bunker hostage crisis, Midland City, AL

Which is about 10 miles from where I'm located... But yes, thumbs up for HRT. Wink

My bad, you are correct, it was Alabama

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
But something in this case caused the team leader to call landslide after they were internal.

I would no more criticize an LEO for assuming that what appears to be an explosive device is actually one than I would criticize an LEO for assuming that what looks like a gun is a gun.

I hope some of the details of the incident come out. If it turns out that there were actual explosives present it would be good to know what kind they were and how the terrorist got them.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Malik Faisal Akram is from Blackburn in northwest England in Lancashire. The Blackburn Muslim Community posted a message on Facebook after he was identified stating, “Faisal Akram has sadly departed from this temporary world and returned to his Creator.

He was identified in a statement from the FBI.
Four hostages, all adults, including Rabbi Charlie Cytron-Walker, were held in the synagogue for several hours before being released uninjured.

Link

Just trying to understand.
A Muslim travels from England to a Synagogue in Texas and takes a Rabbi and three congregants hostage.
Yet this is not specifically related to the Jewish community.

What possible singular issue could there have been which would not be specifically related to the Jewish community?

Very curious.
Why travel to the U.S. from England to commit this crime.
It will be very interesting to hear from the FBI as to what this singular issue was.
Perhaps it is spin to say that the issue was not the Jewish community, yet the crime was committed against the Jewish community.

Takes a very wide leap to remove the religious aspect from this crime.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I previously posted that I thought the HRT did a great job. But now it looks like their Admin types have fucked the whole thing up. No real surprise, I guess.
No antisemitism involved? He took hostages in a Synagogue, not a KFC! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They are going way too far out of their way to assure everyone this guy wasn’t a Muslim terrorist scumbag.

They probably have knowledge that a bunch got into the country via the open border and are now trying not to cause a panic. Mad

Posts: 33800 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
But, but, but, he’s got a British accent. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I have no idea what a typical synagogue looks like, but I looked at the pictures of this particular one and the giant Star of David is what I would call a clue that would clearly delineate one from say a McDonalds, Publix, or any number of buildings that would contain people for hostage taking.

Posts: 10936 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So a Brit got high on tea & crumpets then staggered into a totally random location to threaten a few people......

Huh. At first I thought it was an Islamic terrorist who targeted a synagogue and Jews.

Glad I was wrong.

Posts: 17 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post