SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Al-Qaeda Terrorist's Brother Allegedly Takes Hostages at Texas Synagogue, Demands Her Release
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Al-Qaeda Terrorist's Brother Allegedly Takes Hostages at Texas Synagogue, Demands Her Release Login/Join 
posted
https://nationalfile.com/break...gue-demands-release/

Muhammad Siddiqui, the brother of an al-Qaeda terrorist being held in Texas, has reportedly stormed into a Dallas synagogue while armed and has taken hostages while demanding his sibling’s release.

The crisis situation is unraveling at Congregation Beth Israel, a synagogue in Colleyville, Texas, in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. The gunman reportedly entered the synagogue during Saturday service and took at least four hostages, including a rabbi.

The suspect also claims explosives have been planted at the scene.

Apparently, the services were being live streamed to Facebook when the suspect entered.

Siddiqui is reportedly the brother of convicted terrorist Aafia Siddiqui, though authorities have not confirmed this.

The suspect is demanding to have his sister, Aafia Siddiqui, freed, an official told ABC News.

This woman has been incarcerated at Carswell Air Force Base near Forth Worth due to alleged ties to al-Qaeda. She was convicted of assault and attempted murder of a U.S. soldier in 2010 and sentenced to 86 years in prison, the outlet reports.

According to The Guardian, Aafia Siddiqui made anti-Semitic statements during her trial:

During a typically stormy hearing last Thursday, Siddiqui interrupted the judge, rebuked her own lawyers and made strident appeals to the packed courthouse. “I am boycotting this trial,” she declared. “I am innocent of all the charges and I can prove it, but I will not do it in this court.” Previously she had tried to fire her lawyers due to their Jewish background (she once wrote to the court that Jews are “cruel, ungrateful, back-stabbing” people) and demanded to speak with President Obama for the purpose of “making peace” with the Taliban. This time, though, she was ejected from the courtroom for obstruction. “Take me out. I’m not coming back,” she said defiantly.

Aafia Siddiqui is a “graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and PhD scholar in Neuroscience from Brandeis University.”

The fact that she became radicalized despite spending time in the West and participating in its vaunted institutions continues to perplex scholars.

According to The Atlantic Council, “She disappeared in 2003 from Karachi and was later found in Ghazni, Afghanistan in 2008.”

Ultimately, “She was arrested and charged with the attempted murder of US officials and was brought to the Southern District court in New York to face trial. She was sentenced to eighty-six years in the Carswell Medical Center, Texas.”

Police have announced that they are currently undergoing SWAT operations to secure the hostages.

According to police, at least four hostages including a rabbi remain inside the building at this time, per the AP.

As of 3:50 p.m. CT, the FBI is now on the scene undergoing their own SWAT operations.

The Secure Community Network, the “official safety and security organization of the Jewish community in North America,” believes that the hostages have not been harmed.

Police confirmed the same to WFAA, which reported that “Colleyville PD spokeswoman Sgt. Dara Nelson confirmed” that “no one has been injured inside of Congregation Beth Israel at this time.”

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott made a statement declaring that the “Texas Dept. of Public Safety is on the scene of the tense hostage situation,” and that he will “continue to monitor the situation through DPS.”

Joe Biden’s White House also said it was closely monitoring the situation.

The situation remains ongoing at press time.

Posts: 12655 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
This is why I always carry.

I hope the cops put him down. No one likes a terrorist.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Any ideas on how a known terrorist got into the USA? Hmmm, I can think of one.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Remember who Christopher Wray believes is the biggest security threat to America.....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Huh. I wonder how she chose Brandeis.

At any rate this doesn't bode well for her brother at all - no one's going to let her, or him, go.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
In case anyone forgot what domestic terrorism actually looks like...

Hint: it's not the waving, smiling guy stealing Pelosi's lectern.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Looking at it on WFAA now. They just reported that authorities have made contact with the terrorist, that no one has been hurt, public being warned to stay away.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FBI is there? They'll mess this up somehow. Hope all the folks in the synagogue make it through this unharmed and the terrorist gets one between the eyes.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
If one person gets killed or injured, kill his sister immediately. Be sure it's a bullet dipped in Pig blood.
Cut it out, especially the method of killing. Its always the same- roll them in flour and fry them in bacon grease, or shove a ham up their ass and pull it out of their mouth, and on and on It's old. It's tiresome.

Cease and desist.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how he entered the country? Maybe across the open border? Or flown in with poorly screened refugees?

My thoughts are the sister may have been radicalized BY THOSE "vaunted" western colleges. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
The demands can't be serious. Has the US ever caved like this and released a prisoner, at least in public? I don't think so. The perp knows this and is just using the time to get publicity. But he has already decided how this is going to end.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
The demands can't be serious. Has the US ever caved like this and released a prisoner, at least in public? I don't think so. The perp knows this and is just using the time to get publicity. But he has already decided how this is going to end.

We haven’t caved before but, considering who/what is in charge in DC, why not give it a go. The cops and laws in TX would put more fear in me than those bureaucratic pansies in DC.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
The demands can't be serious. Has the US ever caved like this and released a prisoner, at least in public?

On May 31, 2014, Obama publicly traded five Taliban prisoners from GITMO for Bowel Bergdahl, a deserter.

So…

Come on, man! Ol’ hair-sniffing, two shotgun blasts in the air, senile yet smiling Joe “THE HO” Biden (Kamala’s nickname for him) got to see ‘er done as Veep, and he now gets to trade any Islamofascist he wants, whenever he wants, for any reason he wants.*

Hell, he could order the release of everyone in GITMO, RTFN and in doing so, finally deliver on Obozo’s promise to close that dungeon.

* Except during milk and cookies time, afternoon story and nap time, or when his nappies need changing.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Pack up the media, send them away and let the Texas Rangers deal with this.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Been watching this unfold off and on today. The synagogue is almost 10 minutes from me, depending on how many red lights you catch. Supposedly there is another brother in Houston that’s an architect… or this could be *that* brother that’s in the synagogue. What a cluster.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Situation over, all hostages safe, no word yet on hostage taker….

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Situation over, all hostages safe, no word yet on hostage taker….

Thumbs up

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Heard from a friend that the ending was “loud” and 72 virgins have been called to duty.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Good!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Supposedly there is another brother in Houston that’s an architect… or this could be *that* brother that’s in the synagogue. What a cluster.

Was listening to FOX News on the radio on my way home this evening. They were reporting that the hostage-taker is not her biological brother, and that her biological family has announced that they don't support the hostage taking in any way.

I'm glad that the hostages all seem to be OK, and I won't mind not paying taxes to incarcerate the hostage taker if that's the way that did in fact go.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post