SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saudi national Naval Aviation student shooting incident at Pensacola NB -
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saudi national Naval Aviation student shooting incident at Pensacola NB - Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) — The Saudi student who fatally shot three people at a U.S. naval base in Florida hosted a dinner party earlier in the week where he and three others watched videos of mass shootings, a U.S. official told The Associated Press on Saturday.

One of the three students who attended the dinner party videotaped outside the building while the shooting was taking place at Naval Air Station Pensacola on Friday, said the U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity after being briefed by federal authorities. Two other Saudi students watched from a car, the official said.

The official said 10 Saudi students were being held on the base Saturday while several others were unaccounted for.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Unaccounted for....imagine that. Send the others to Gitmo.
Bury the scumbag after investigation needs are met, and not in “accordance with Muslim custom.”
I’m not kidding.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
And for the joke of the day:

“There are many reports circulating, but the FBI deals only in facts,” said Rachel L. Rojas, the FBI’s special agent in charge of the Jacksonville Field Office.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
And for the joke of the day:

“There are many reports circulating, but the FBI deals only in facts,” said Rachel L. Rojas, the FBI’s special agent in charge of the Jacksonville Field Office.
Yeah, I saw her doing a press conference on TV the other day. Let's just say she did not inspire me with an overwhelming sense of confidence she is the right person for this job.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
On the other hand, why are we selling our military aircraft to these people?

Why are we training their pilots?

(1) Like it or not, they are Strategic Allies. They want weapons to oppose Iran and will get them from somewhere - better they come from us.

(2) Selling aircraft / weapons via FMS (foreign military sales) keeps our military industrial power working and often our aircraft get 'trickle down' benefits, like when the FA-18C/D Hornets received EPE (Enhanced Performance Engines) for free, because a FMS buyer paid for the tech to upgrade the motors. It happens a lot and our military benefits.

(3) Intelligence - we sold them the platforms and train their aircrew, so we know what they have / don't have, who is flying, etc.

And even selling them all this, we could fucking destroy the Saudi Military in short order. Many of their units are only semi-competent because they have expats flying / maintaining / helping.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Fuck that Saudi and all the others like him. Execute the 3 assholes that filmed it.

Remember Josh Watson, and overturn the prohibition on having our “Armed Forces” be armed.

A young graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, whose dream was to become a pilot, is being hailed a hero after he reportedly related crucial information about the identity of the Naval Air Station Pensacola shooter to first responders, despite having been shot several times, a family member revealed.

Joshua Kaleb Watson, 23, was confirmed as one of the three victims who was killed Friday morning when Saudi national, Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, opened fire on a flight training program for foreign military personnel, Adam Watson revealed in a Facebook post. Later Saturday, Defense Secretary Mark Esper told Fox News' Chris Wallace all 3 victims were Americans. Two were members of the U.S. Navy, a senior Pentagon official told Fox News.

Watson’s father Benjamin told USA Today that his son was the officer on deck at the time of the shooting and sustained at least five gunshot wounds before being able to make it out to relay important information about the shooter before succumbing to his injuries.

“Heavily wounded, he made his way out to flag down first responders and gave an accurate description of the shooter,” he told the outlet. “He died serving his country.”

Watson, a rifle team captain, was reportedly sent to NAS two weeks before the shooting for flight training.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nav...ad-shot-5-times-hero

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Watson’s father Benjamin told USA Today that his son was the officer on deck at the time of the shooting and sustained at least five gunshot wounds before being able to make it out to relay important information about the shooter before succumbing to his injuries.

How horrible is it that "the officer on deck" is left unarmed? A rifle team captain, even.
If we can't trust our military with weapons, why have a military?

This PC nonsense that permeates our academic institutions and our government seems to indicate a softness, a lack of will to survive.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24134 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
How horrible is it that "the officer on deck" is left unarmed? A rifle team captain, even.
If we can't trust our military with weapons, why have a military?

This PC nonsense that permeates our academic institutions and our government seems to indicate a softness, a lack of will to survive.

Officer of the Deck is not an armed position, in most cases, especially at training facilities, nor are watchstanders armed. There hasn't been the need in the past.

Typically the OOD and the watchstanders at training facilities are students with little or no training in firearms.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Officer of the Deck is not an armed position, in most cases, especially at training facilities, nor are watchstanders armed. There hasn't been the need in the past.

Perhaps there is a need? Perhaps they shouldn't leave the base and everyone there so exposed?
It's pretty embarrassing that the local Sheriff's office had to be brought in to take this student/terrorist guy down.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24134 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Perhaps there is a need? Perhaps they shouldn't leave the base and everyone there so exposed?
It's pretty embarrassing that the local Sheriff's office had to be brought in to take this student/terrorist guy down.

Although they have base police, most training bases do not have sufficient security forces, the experience, or the expertise to deal with such incidents by themselves. NAS Pensacola has a long standing agreement with the Sheriff for the Sheriff's Office to respond and assist in tactical emergencies. I have no idea what the base police were doing when the sheriff's deputies got there but I am guessing they were waiting for someone to tell them what to do.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It has been that way FOREVER. Navy Bases are GUN FREE ZONES for all intents and I venture that most other military installations are very very similar. Only time regular troops have weapons is controlled training, ie at the range shooting or in the field with blanks, without a live round for miles. Some bases have 'recreational ranges' but even then I'm sure it's very closely controlled to bring your weapons on / off base.

Base police and Navy MAs are pretty much worthless beyond simple visual security, locking gates, and writing speeding tickets. I'd certainly prefer ECSD making entry and saving my ass.

posted Hide Post
quote:
It has been that way FOREVER. Navy Bases are GUN FREE ZONES for all intents and I venture that most other military installations are very very similar..

So, when did this begin?

Reason I ask, when I did basic training (Summer 1957), each Army barracks had racks of M1 Garand rifles lined up with security chain running the length of the rack. No ammo on site, that was a short distance away in an ammo bunker. Also, we practiced continually with live ammo.

At that time, we had draftees with us, many real fuck ups who wanted no part of the Army, but were stuck there for two years.

And, I don't recall any fatal shootings on a military base at that time.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Put experienced Marines with sidearms and M16's at the gates and roving watches on the base's. ROE shoot to kill any assholes that look cross eyed at our military men and women. And watch standers get side arms. Fuck this call 911 bullshit. It is clear our military members are targets, apparently the military leadership is living in a different time like 30-40 years behind. The Army and AF can arm up the fuck up too.

All this BS about we are fighting over seas so the fight doesn't come here. Well assholes, they are here you are letting them in the front door. Everyone of these shit stains goes back home and gets a thorough background check before stepping back on our soil. GTFO. Oh and close the border, like years (decades) ago.

And this gun free zone crap needs to end. There is a global war on terror (that is what it is pitched as) - global means here too. Time for our Senators and Congressmen to get the fuck back to work and address all this nonsense. Playing grab ass and double fuck speak in DC. Mine are getting an earful, yours should too.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
It has been that way FOREVER. Navy Bases are GUN FREE ZONES for all intents and I venture that most other military installations are very very similar..

So, when did this begin?

Reason I ask, when I did basic training (Summer 1957), each Army barracks had racks of M1 Garand rifles lined up with security chain running the length of the rack. No ammo on site, that was a short distance away in an ammo bunker. Also, we practiced continually with live ammo.

At that time, we had draftees with us, many real fuck ups who wanted no part of the Army, but were stuck there for two years.

And, I don't recall any fatal shootings on a military base at that time.

It's been that way forever on Navy bases. Different mission, different policies.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
So, when did this begin?
Not sure, but from 1992 onward the only weapons I saw in a sailors hands that wasn't either training or a Navy MA was the in port duty officer on an FFG during summer cruise when I was assigned to the GMG shop. I don't believe the pistol was loaded, empty magazine well with 2 mags in a pouch.

And unfortunately, most sailors get minimal to no-weapons training, unless they get an overseas ground deployment (then they get the Army's version typically). Obviously NSW / SBT / MA / Aircrew are exceptions, but your standard line rate, ship mechanic, etc never gets to use a weapon.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Midshipman OOW carried their swords. All my shore stations, the OOW was unarmed. In-port OOD on the USS IOWA was unarmed. Petty Officer of the Watch had a .45 with a full mag, none in the chamber and 2 more on the belt. We also had a roaming Marine in full gear with M-16, and could turn out an impressive security alert team in minutes.

Overseas port calls, we added Marines with M-60s up on the O-5 level overlooking the fore and aft ladders.

So yes, CONUS Navy is a sitting duck.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
15/19 of the 9-11 hijackers were Saudi. The ole king must have a real nice poker hand to have everyone in DC, including Trump, dance to his tune.

Posts: 9971 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was an Army MP 7 years ago they made us carry with an empty chamber and our carry ammo was literally useless. I could go through all 45 of my issued rounds every shift and find AT LEAST 2 rounds where you could pull the bullet out and find that there is no gun powder...
I pointed it out and complained to everyone in my chain of command including my 1st sgt. And was told tough shit.

My point in all of this is that most military cops are not all that well prepared and yet they dont want soldiers to have their own weapons. We weren’t even allowed to have paint ball guns in our rooms

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Some bases have 'recreational ranges . . .
But not for long . . . .

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

from 1992 onward the only weapons I saw in a sailors hands that wasn't either training or a Navy MA was the in port duty officer on an FFG during summer cruise when I was assigned to the GMG shop. I don't believe the pistol was loaded, empty magazine well with 2 mags in a pouch.
I was active duty 1956 to 1960, missile nerd in a Regulus unit, first at NAS Chincoteague, then Roosevelt Roads.

At both venues, marines provided security for the base, and our unit provided our own watch-standers for the missile compound and our flight line. The Petty Officer of the Watch carried a 1911, that was passed to each watch-stander. It was a beat up old thing. We carried it with full magazine, empty chamber.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post