SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saudi national Naval Aviation student shooting incident at Pensacola NB -
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saudi national Naval Aviation student shooting incident at Pensacola NB - Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
What I find odd is that off base deputies came on base and shot him(both deputies were shot and are recovering). Where were the MPs? Are there even MPs or did the contract out security?

Every time I’ve gone on to Pensacola NAS there have been some nasty security types at the gates. Are they only at the gates?

BTW if you want to get shot, do something stupid in Escambia County. They will shoot your ass.

Even when they assist In Neighboring Santa Rosa County they usually are the ones taking someone out.

I don’t mean they shoot frivolously, but they will pop your ass if you need it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
If here on a student visa, could legally purchase one no doubt.
Is that really the case? I've never researched that topic before. If true, shouldn't 'this' be banned under US law?
I would think that anyone who is in the USA legally is entitled to all rights protected under the Constitution (except for voting of course) citizen or not.
Why? We put all kinds of restrictions on non-citizens, why not this? Beginning to wonder if there's any real benefit to being a citizen over an alien, whether they're here legally or not.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why? We put all kinds of restrictions on non-citizens,

Not when it has to do with the Bill of Rights.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Perhaps we should rethink that.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
So, where did the perp get the pistol?

And he chose to go to another "gun free zone", which is what all US Military bases are, unless you are at the range or a cop.

quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Rhino, so don’t the ones that get selected for this have at least some lineage connecting them (even remotely)to the royal family? I.e. not just any Saudi citizen....

Most of them were someone special / royal, aka "Al-somebody", but there was one or two 'normal' Saudis when I was going through in the late 90s. And honestly the 1 normal one going through around my time was actually a decent flight officer - the rest were trash when it came to flying.
I spent some time in Iran (1969-1971) and most of the IIAF troops I met were very lax about "safety rules"--they really believe that everything that happens is "Allah's will" and there is nothing they can do to prevent it, so they don't try.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

I'm going to have to call BS on the second part of that tweet.

The King or the President?

Q

Posts: 26393 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I spent some time in Iran (1969-1971) and most of the IIAF troops I met were very lax about "safety rules"--they really believe that everything that happens is "Allah's will" and there is nothing they can do to prevent it, so they don't try.

flashguy[/QUOTE]

Exactly ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
So, where did the perp get the pistol?

And he chose to go to another "gun free zone", which is what all US Military bases are, unless you are at the range or a cop.

quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Rhino, so don’t the ones that get selected for this have at least some lineage connecting them (even remotely)to the royal family? I.e. not just any Saudi citizen....

Most of them were someone special / royal, aka "Al-somebody", but there was one or two 'normal' Saudis when I was going through in the late 90s. And honestly the 1 normal one going through around my time was actually a decent flight officer - the rest were trash when it came to flying.

Foreign military students are admitted on A2 visas (foreign official, official business, no diplomatic immunity) their admission status is based on their orders.

Like any other non immigrant here legally, they could legally buy and possess a firearm as long as they also possessed a valid U.S. Hunting License.

However, keeping one on base is another matter and AFAIK, Foreign military students in U.S. military programs are not normally allowed to live off base.

Illegal aliens, whether those who entered illegally or those who overstay or otherwise violate their visas, may not purchase or possess firearms or ammunition. It’s a felony under 18 USC 922g.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

quote:
I'm going to have to call BS on the second part of that tweet.

The King or the President?

The King obviously. Saudis angry... doesn't reflect people... love Americans.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, we either believe in the tenets of the Constitution or we don't.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
However, keeping one on base is another matter and AFAIK, Foreign military students in U.S. military programs are not normally allowed to live off base.
Obviously the weapon was on base illegally.

We didn't hangout with the Saudis but I recall many of the foreign students living in town / off base.

Navy single base housing sucks balls and I can't imagine living there for 2-3 years. And all of the students are officers, so maybe that makes a difference.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

'We' do, 'they' do not, unless it provides the means to do what happened today. They're not citizens of this country and as such should not enjoy all the constitutional rights citizens of this country enjoy. That's my personal opinion and I'm sticking by it.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
We had all kinds of foreign students when I was in the CG, we taught them ship driving, ship engineering, all kinds of things to run their coast guards in their home countries...and I always thought they were shady....they were never tested or graded, they were always given a “go”

And many of them hated America, and were easily offended about nothing.

I once saw an African guy pull a knife on an instructor for calling the guy out for not paying attention in class...

We should end the practice of inviting foreigners to our service schools.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11285 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
We had all kinds of foreign students when I was in the CG, we taught them ship driving, ship engineering, all kinds of things to run their coast guards in their home countries...and I always thought they were shady....they were never tested or graded, they were always given a “go”

And many of them hated America, and were easily offended about nothing.

I once saw an African guy pull a knife on an instructor for calling the guy out for not paying attention in class...

We should end the practice of inviting foreigners to our service schools.
If they need training, perhaps we should send a few instructors to their country and let them practice with THEIR aircraft.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

'We' do, 'they' do not, unless it provides the means to do what happened today. They're not citizens of this country and as such should not enjoy all the constitutional rights citizens of this country enjoy. That's my personal opinion and I'm sticking by it.

I can appreciate that point of view and understand it, but I happen to adamantly disagree with it.

There's a reason why the word "citizen" is not mentioned in the Bill of Rights. That was not an accident.

But anyway, that is likely a discussion for another thread.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I personally do NOT think for one minute the Saudis “...love the American people”. Sorry. Just don’t buy it. I think they’re just good at “playing nice”. ‘Nuff said...

Hoping for a speedy and complete recovery for the injured.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

all of the students are officers
Aren't there any enlisted students, getting trained for aircraft maintenance?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

all of the students are officers
Aren't there any enlisted students, getting trained for aircraft maintenance?

I was referring to the pilots / flight officers going through Schools Command in Pensacola living in town (off base) being officers.

I never saw foreign enlisted down in Pensacola, so I don't know if we train them there or somewhere else - or if they get trained by the aircraft provider (Boeing, LM, etc) or if they training is done in country instead.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Six more Saudis detained.
6 more saudis detained here in town.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Some more background from Zero Hedge

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-were-filming-attack

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post