SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Wrangler Still Make Good Jeans
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Wrangler Still Make Good Jeans Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
I've not had to buy a pair of jeans in about 10 years but was just wondering if Wranglers were still good quality

not interested in Levi's

Posts: 53153 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I have a few pairs and I like them a lot. They make a relaxed fit that accommodates my larger derriere and thighs. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
They don't last very long but they fit well.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
In answer to the question, yes they are still good jeans. They are all I ever buy.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I looked at them and chose Ariat, fwiw (which I've been happy with)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

Mine last. My oldest are frayed at the cuffs and an a pocket is close to my wallet wearing through. However it’s got to be 5 plus years old.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Only a few months in, but happy with the Texas Jeans I bought on recommendation from a thread on here.
No complaints apart from a belt loop coming unstitched. Remedied with a needle & thread.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15241 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have a few pair. Really like them. Another option may be Duluth Trading jeans. Two of the Jr DFs have those and swear by them.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wranglers fit me (6'1"/165#) and seem to hold up pretty well.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Wrangler 47MWZ for a relaxed fit.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
I’ll second there 47 MWZ, I’ve got about 5 pairs and they wear like iron still for me. They are pricey but they don’t have any of the “elastic” stuff most of the newer ones do

Posts: 453 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have bought the Wrangler relaxed fit jeans for many years now, and I'm very happy with them. (I do have trouble finding my waist size sometimes, though--I'm a 46.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
From my personal experience, Yes. For modestly priced jeans they are hard to beat.

Rustlers do last longer in hard use but the Wrangler last pretty good and are more comfortable.

I've have Duluth as well and they are really comfortable but the Wranglers are tougher slightly IMO, and I can usually get 2 or 3 pair of Wranglers for the price of one Duluth.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
quote:

Mine last. My oldest are frayed at the cuffs and an a pocket is close to my wallet wearing through. However it’s got to be 5 plus years old.
I get about 2 months out of them before they start to come apart, usually at the front of the thighs. I've found George jeans last much longer. Of course, I only wear mine for work. Lucky jeans are my choice in leisure wear but I quit buying them since they no longer offer the button fly. It's also near impossible to find my size of 31x34.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I placed an order directly with Wrangler, via their website. I ordered a pair of jeans and a pair of denim shorts. Same waist size for both.

I received the order, the sewn-in tags did indicate the same waist size. The shorts fit just fine, maybe slightly loose. I could not come anywhere near buttoning the jeans. The waist was at least 1.5" too small.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Bought 3 pair on Amazon last night they were $15 a pair. I like them

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
All I’ve ever worn. Can’t imagine how Mark could be wearing them out in two months, unbelievable to me. Opportunity for a reminder, the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo begins on Friday, December 3

Posts: 13225 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
... I received the order, the sewn-in tags did indicate the same waist size. The shorts fit just fine, maybe slightly loose. I could not come anywhere near buttoning the jeans. The waist was at least 1.5" too small.
Some of them are "flex-fit" or something like that. They have a stretchy feel. You have to order one size small for them to stay up. They stretch a lot over the course of a day and get looser and looser and eventually want to fall off of you.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
... I received the order, the sewn-in tags did indicate the same waist size. The shorts fit just fine, maybe slightly loose. I could not come anywhere near buttoning the jeans. The waist was at least 1.5" too small.
Some of them are "flex-fit" or something like that. They have a stretchy feel. You have to order one size small for them to stay up. They stretch a lot over the course of a day and get looser and looser and eventually want to fall off of you.

Maybe you don’t buy 13MWZs

Posts: 13225 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
Pretty much all my jeans are Wrangler, and I know I have several pairs that are older than my granddaughters. I like the way they fit, and like the way they wear.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post