SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Wrangler Still Make Good Jeans
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Wrangler Still Make Good Jeans Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
All I’ve ever worn. Can’t imagine how Mark could be wearing them out in two months, unbelievable to me. Opportunity for a reminder, the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo begins on Friday, December 3
They always go the same way. The thighs start to pill, then the vertical threads break leaving the horizontal threads that spread apart leaving a see through spot. Then I get a toe caught in the threads when putting them on and I rip a huge hole. It happens to all my jeans but the wrangler jeans are consistently the shortest lived. The Lucky jeans seem to last the longest but they're expensive so I don't wear them to work very often. George jeans last and are cheap for getting dirty in.

Posts: 45375 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Not all wranglers are created equal
I get the Retro classics in the non stretch version
Good weight to the material and wear very well
I can never remember the model # but believe it is 20xxx something
Not super stiff like the rodeo jeans, but still higher quality that’s the “new” models
They are like $60

Edited WRT20TB
Make sure you get the 13oz cotton, not the 1% spandex bullshit

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
All I’ve ever worn. Can’t imagine how Mark could be wearing them out in two months, unbelievable to me. Opportunity for a reminder, the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo begins on Friday, December 3

I've never had on another brand in over 30 years. Mine last good.

Posts: 13021 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
I have had very good experiences with Wrangler jeans over the past five years. They offer many variations in color, cut, shape and material -- that's the hardest part, getting the "right" ones per personal preference.

I buy them directly from their web page, although you can find them at major marketers on the web and local big-box discount stores. The prices are very low for the quality you get.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have a "Rooted" line, which is cool. I live in GA, and have their GA "Rooted" jean. Made in the USA with cotton grown in GA.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had a good fit with them.

All my jeans now are from Duluth.

I first heard about Duluth here.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been wearing Wrangler jeans since 1980,I wore the cowboy cuts until about 10 yrs ago, and went to relaxed fit now.

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
... Make sure you get the 13oz cotton, not the 1% spandex
Maybe that's my problem. I can't be choosy because my size is generally not available. If I can find them or order them, I take what I can get.

Posts: 45375 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I wear Wrangler jeans working around the farm. Been wearing them since the 70's. They fit well and last a long time. I stay away from the lower quality stuff though. If I'm stepping out I wear Carhartt jeans...there is no comparison. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I have seven pair of Wrangler slim fit cowboy cut jeans. Two are George Strait versions. I buy them off Amazon. But, of late, I discovered the 5.11 jeans, and have converted to them. The fit is the same (slim fit = slim fit). The belt loops are well positioned and the center back loop is a double loop, increasing the stability and working better with a suspender. The really nice feature is the secret pocket on either side, sized perfectly for a large iPhone, pistol magazine, what have you. They are not as stylish as Wranglers. But, they flex, they fit, and they have greater utility for me.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Yes, they still put out a good product. I buy jeans and shirts from them. Relatively low cost and they seem to last. I've got jeans and shirts that are 3-5 years old and worn regularly that still look reasonable for hanging around the house, or making a trip to Home Depot.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
I have been buying Members Mark jeans from Sam's Club for years. They are cheap and last a long time. They also fit well.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve worn Wranglers most of the last 35-40 years. In my thinner years, the 13MWZ, or possibly the 47MWZ. Very good fit and wore well. The last twenty years + I have worn their Angler pant/jean. Either style, it has been a good fit, I prefer a high rise pant.

For Christmas, I’m getting a pair of relaxed fit Rugged Wear jeans. We’ll see how they fit and wear.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 pair of the 47MACMS jeans and they are my favorite. They are, however, only 70% cotton. They have 29% polyester and 1% spandex. They are very solid and heavy weight but have just a bit of flex. They are holding up well to washings and look like regular denim blue jeans. They were made in Mexico Frown They are a bit more expensive than the standard Wrangler jeans, but to me they are much better and worth the extra over the regular Wranglers.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
oddly enough, it was moderately difficult to find Wrangler here in Tucson, but I managed to snag two pair

we shall see how they hold up before I buy any additional

so far, fit and comfort are just fine

Posts: 53188 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
They don't last very long but they fit well.

The non-stretchy ones seem to be good but the stretchy ones last me about 1.5 years. They are comfy though.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Relaxed fit carpenter jeans Rustler by Wrangler, wear them for work. Good heavy weight jeans 2 pair's working on 3 years, just ordered 2 more from Wally World $16.88 each

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Last pair I bought were the rooted USA made ones. Love them. Wish I had bought more.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I've been shopping at Sierra Trading ever since I found out about them thanks to a forum thread.

I like Carhartt B17 or B18 - old school heavyweight 15oz denim, 7 belt loops and they sit at your waist, not a couple inches below. Also Carhartt doesn't skimp on the size of the zipper pull.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my jeans at a local Kmart,(gone now),they had a private label Jean that wears like iron and lasts years,some 10 years. Wranglers are good but the private labels fit me better and lasted longer.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post