SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chuckie changes the Senate dress code to allow for "informal attire" on the floor of the Senate
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chuckie changes the Senate dress code to allow for "informal attire" on the floor of the Senate Login/Join 
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Yes, the rules have been changed to accommodate this retard:

And it is reported the Senate staff members must still adhere to the original dress code of business attire.

He should sue those legs for non-support...

Big ass cry baby.

quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
What I want to know is WHY he is unable/incapable of wearing business attire? Is he not able to put on anything else without someone helping?

He would probably hang himself with the tie.

Posts: 1443 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Yes, the rules have been changed to accommodate this retard:

And it is reported the Senate staff members must still adhere to the original dress code of business attire.

He should sue those legs for non-support...

Big ass cry baby.

quote:
What I want to know is WHY he is unable/incapable of wearing business attire? Is he not able to put on anything else without someone helping?

He would probably hang himself with the tie.

^^^
Worse things could happen. I might run out of bacon.

Posts: 6405 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
What a clown show.

Posts: 1482 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
They should all show up dressed like the shaman

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The entire republican side should show up in their jammies.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Senate Unanimously Votes to Restore Dress Code in Humiliating Rebuke to Chuck Schumer and Slob Fetterman

By Kristinn Taylor
Sep. 27, 2023 8:20 pm

The Senate voted unanimously to restore the dress code for men Wednesday evening in a humiliating rebuke to Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) who unilaterally dropped the unwritten but traditional dress code to accommodate the arrested development obsession of Sen. John Fetterman (D-PA) to dress like a teenage pothead.

The resolution was introduced by Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and co-sponsored by Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT), and includes a provision mandating a two-thirds vote to make any changes–a slap at Schumer. The dress code will be enforced by the Senate Sergeant at Arms.

The blowback against Schumer and Fetterman lowering the standards of the Senate was such that Schumer brought the resolution to the floor and both voted for the resolution.

C-SPAN’s Craig Caplan posted about the resolution being brought to the floor for a vote:

“Schumer now on Senate floor addressing the Senate dress code…Schumer supporting Machin-Romney Senate dress code resolution: “Though we’ve never had an official dress code, the events over the past week have made us all feel as though formalizing one is the right path forward.”…Schumer on Senate dress code resolution: “I deeply appreciate Senator Fetterman working with me to come to an agreement that we all find acceptable.”

“Manchin on his resolution with Romney codifying a Senate dress code for Senate Sergant At Arms to enforce: “Just after a week ago, we learned there were not in fact any written rules about the Senators, and what they could and could not wear on the floor.”…Romney on his resolution with Manchin on the Senate dress code: “We want those who serve inside this room in this hall to show a level of dignity and respect, which is consistant with the sacrifice they made and with the beauty of the surroundings.”

“Senate passed the Manchin-Romney resolution offered by Schumer clarifying the dress code for the floor of the Senate (S. Res. 376) by unanimous consent.”

Earlier Wednesday Fetterman told a Democrat caucus meeting he would start wearing a suit on the Senate floor. The resolution only covers the Senate floor, leaving Fetterman free to wear his shorts and hoodies to committee hearings and all senators to continue their pratice of voting from the doorway of the cloak room when casually dressed.

After the vote Fetterman responded online with a snark meme photo of actor Kevin James.

Text of Manchin’s resolution:

RESOLUTION
Clarifying the dress code for the floor of the Senate.
1 Resolved,
2 SECTION 1. SENATE FLOOR DRESS CODE.
3 (a) DEFINITIONS.—In this section—
4 (1) the term ‘‘Senate floor dress code’’ means
5 a requirement that business attire be worn on the
6 floor of the Senate, which for men shall include a
7 coat, tie, and slacks or other long pants; and
8 (2) the term ‘‘Sergeant at Arms’’ means the
9 Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate.
10 (b) SENATE FLOOR DRESS CODE REQUIREMENTS.—
1 (1) IN GENERAL.—An individual on the floor of
2 the Senate shall abide by the Senate floor dress
3 code.
4 (2) ENFORCEMENT.—The Sergeant at Arms
5 shall enforce the requirement of paragraph (1).
6 (c) PROCESS TO REVISE THE SENATE FLOOR DRESS
7 CODE.—Any change to the Senate floor dress code, or the
8 enforcement of the Senate floor dress code, that is made
9 on or after the date of adoption of this resolution shall
10 have no force or effect unless such change is made pursu
11 ant to a resolution agreed to by not less than two-thirds
12 of the Members of the Senate, duly chosen and sworn.

Q

Posts: 26481 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Haha, that's beautiful! It's great that Schumer pulled this shit to protect the Senate slob, because now, attention has been focused on Fetterman's sloth and flaunting of tradition, and if there is justice in this matter, Fetterman will be under great pressure to do the right thing and to stop dressing like a high schooler on the way to gym class, because what was formerly merely a matter of tradition has been codified. That's beautiful. I love it. Smile

Hey, Fetterman! A coat, a tie and long pants, you lazy, disrespectful asshole!

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a video of an interview with SlobbermanFetterman. He appears to be using a speech to text app on his phone. He started responding immediately after the reporter finished a question. I don't know of any phone-based apps that work that fast.

He was responding to the questions about the issue of changes to the rules for attire. He was trying to deflect that there were more important things that the Senate needed to discuss rather than putting the rules back in place.

Posts: 2776 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw a video of an interview with SlobbermanFetterman. He appears to be using a speech to text app on his phone.

He’s using some sort of app to supposedly help with his “auditory processing” problems which they claim his brain is working fine but he may not hear everything asked correctly which I call bullshit on. The man has brain damage, plain and simple and it’s not getting any better like they said.

Guarantee you this guy is getting questions from the press in advance so he can have an answer ready.

I just love that he’s now on the defensive about this whole dress code debacle.

Posts: 33874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Good on the Senate for voting the dress code in.

Now they need to make that lazy POS Fetterman attend the Senate sessions in proper attire like a grown up, and cast his vote from the Senate floor instead of voting from the side entrance, or from the door to the Dem cloakroom, in his jammies & then leaving.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good on the Senate for voting the dress code in.

Its good, yes, and, pitiful that Fetterman created the situation whereby the senate needed to pass a dress code resolution. Fetterman is a doofus

quote:
“Schumer now on Senate floor addressing the Senate dress code…Schumer supporting Machin-Romney Senate dress code resolution: “Though we’ve never had an official dress code, the events over the past week have made us all feel as though formalizing one is the right path forward.”…Schumer on Senate dress code resolution: “I deeply appreciate Senator Fetterman working with me to come to an agreement that we all find acceptable.”

Interesting that there wasn't a dress code it was just tradition, now it's set, Schumers actions paved the way for that trying to accommodate Fetterman

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I think this was necessary. Meanwhile more than 10x the population of Wyoming has been allowed to enter our country and been dispersed from sea to shining sea. There’s about 3 good people in Washington.

Posts: 13301 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post