SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chuckie changes the Senate dress code to allow for "informal attire" on the floor of the Senate
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chuckie changes the Senate dress code to allow for "informal attire" on the floor of the Senate Login/Join 
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I was disappointed when the "casual Fridays" trend started

Posts: 2789 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
There is this thing called Professionalism. Some jobs are more than a task. They have a higher moral calling. Doctor, soldier, Senator. Having pride in being a Professional is enhanced by dressing nicely for the part, which in turn reminds the self to live up to the higher standard.

Dressing for the position is far more than projecting an image outward, though it certainly does project the person's level of professionalism.

Posts: 9477 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Every single Republican should show up in baggy gym shorts and a hoodie from now on. Betcha Schmucky Chucky changes that policy REAL quick.

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Republicans should dress in the traditional conservative mode and sneer at the lowlife trash like Fetterman who probably dresses the way he did in the mental hospital he entered right after he won the election.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1566 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
American decline

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Republicans should dress in the traditional conservative mode

I agree. Just like this, all of them.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I once worked at a place like that twenty some years ago. Made accommodations and concessions not because this person had a physical or psychological issue but because management decided it would be a feather in their cap to “give this young guy (Caucasian hoot rat) a chance at life.”

Everybody else made allowances, I ignored him until the day he got in my face over something I had no involvement in nor was I in a management position and had no way to do anything about the problem. Minor thing, sent to the wrong business for a part pickup and it was all my fault because I handed him the purchase order that someone else had generated.

In summary, my supervisor told me is so many words take it or leave and if I stayed I’d be getting a write up. I told my manager “Sure, but let’s go see the owner first and get his take on it.”

Well, manager backed off, no write up for me, I stayed, the rat was immediately moved to another department.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8132 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I see this as along the lines of statues being toppled. Destruction of convention and tradition (history). I'm not sure what Fetterman brings to anyone's table other than rattling cages and a reliable vote.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8359 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Senator Incitatus (D-Pa) seems to be enjoying himself making a mockery of the Senate. "Jagoffs." That's cute. Caligula would be proud.

“If those jagoffs in the House stop trying to shut our government down, and fully support Ukraine, then I will save democracy by wearing a suit on the Senate floor next week,” Fetterman (D-Pa.) posted on X.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/20/...yp&utm_medium=social

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30425 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
There's no way Senator Vegetable is actually posting on Twitter, that's got to be one of his many handlers.

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Maybe that’s actually his. It does match his lefty tantrum I’ll only conform if I get what I want style.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37119 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My biggest conundrum is trying to decide who is the most utterly despicable waste of space in the Senate—there are so many prime choices. Most, but not all, are Democrats.

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Now he’s crying about being “bullied”.

https://x.com/chrisstigall/sta...985604809724038?s=46

Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
The senate members have been figuratively been wearing clown suits and shoes for decades why not get rid of the dress code so they can all look like hoodlums that they are.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I want to know is WHY he is unable/incapable of wearing business attire? Is he not able to put on anything else without someone helping?

Posts: 2776 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
What I want to know is WHY he is unable/incapable of wearing business attire? Is he not able to put on anything else without someone helping?

Most likely. I’ve also heard theories that the baggy clothes are used to hide medical devices related to his massive stroke.

Posts: 475 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because he's a slob. He embodies the lazy and slothful attitude that infects society.
As another poster pointed-out, kids are going to school these days in PJ bottoms, slippers and gyms clothes, not because they're making a statement but, because they're Lazy AF. Their parents enable this or, are unserious about their role as parent, dismissing it as 'their choice' or, throwing up their hands 'I've told them repeatedly but, they don't listen, what can I do?'. Fetterman is THAT parent.

Posts: 14687 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
It's just one more step towards the movie Idiocracy becoming reality. I've told people it's a documentary not a comedy, and these freaks in Congress keep proving me right.

Posts: 8647 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4040 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don’t think he’s capable of much right now without a handler doing it for him, but he’s always worn this sloppy looking crap as part of his act. He plays a “man of the people” or an “Everyman” type but the reality is he came from a wealthy family and lived off a trust fund his entire life and never worked a regular job.

When he did wear a suit on a few rare occasions like during his debate with Oz, people noted that he had a huge lump on the back of his neck that may have been something stroke related and those hoodies conveniently hide that.