SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why would a dozen or more electric circuits stop working?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why would a dozen or more electric circuits stop working? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Are all the dead circuits on the same side of the breaker box
quote:
From the Original Post:

the non-working circuits are on both sides of the panels

A lost neutral will effect both sides of the breaker box. Call the power company.
He fixed the problem a month ago . Bad main breaker .

Posts: 4071 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I got a picture of his panel this morning:

The largest box is the panel for the main house, the second largest box to the right of the panel is the shutoff for the addition. Both of those are fed by the meter on the outside of the wall. The little tiny box under the main panel is the surge protector that my dad said he installed. I have no idea if that one is sized properly, but it probably doesn’t much for the addition.

Posts: 11022 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
One last update in case anyone was wondering what caused the my dad's main breaker to go bad. I was talking to him last and he mentioned the next door neighbors came down a few days ago to find all the breakers on their electrical panel were blown. He then tells me about a lightning strike a few days before that was the loudest he had every heard.

That's when I asked if that lightning strike was before or after his own electrical issues. It was before. He's got a whole house surge protector wired into the panel, so that probably did some good. The fridge compressor went a day or two later. I'm going to guess the lightning took out the main breaker and his fridge.

I called it!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post