SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wow, another case of self defense, using a knife.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wow, another case of self defense, using a knife. Login/Join 
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCu4G_ZkBI0&t=5s

Note to self: Do not jump over the counter when robbing.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure he’s escaping prosecution. Perpetrator exsanguinated behind the counter.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
The clerk knew the kid's name, Jacob.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Wow...the clerk wasn't messing around.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
"I'm dead."

Yep. It's about the only thing he got right all day.

It's too bad that his stupidity and piss-poor choices cost him his young life, but I support the guy behind the counter 100%. People are sick of this shit and we're going to be seeing more of this.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://nypost.com/2022/08/05/...ing-would-be-robber/

You guys are saying he's dead. There's no indication of that.
quote:
Nguyen said police told him the robber was 17-years old. His condition was not clear.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I'm dead, I'm dead".

Well, looks like he had an epiphany. Maybe his only one.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
3:1 bad guys vs shopkeep…I think deadly force was justified as son as one guy jumped the counter. Even when the tall guy ran off, it was still 2:1

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
One of the last stab wounds was on perps neck, if that caught the carotid he's toast but it was hard to tell. Perp crossed the line jumping the counter.

I could not tell what type knife - my guess is 4" blade. Shopkeeper was tough.

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Very close. The article mentions a three-inch blade.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16310 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Put me on a jury, shopkeeper walks.

The moment they walked in the store with masks as they did, it was premeditated.

All I saw was a guy defending himself.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I watched that several times, even tried to stop action as quick as I could but still couldn't figure out where the knife came from. He didn't seem to draw it, or pick it up, it just appeared in his hand.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
^Very close. The article mentions a three-inch blade.

Looked like a pretty decent sized knife. From what I read perp survived. That was also a better video than I watched originally. Idk what the courts will think, but I’m good with it. Society has gone way too soft on crime.

ETA: The shop guys instant gram stating bag’o’dicks is alive:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg45hFVOJ9t/

ETAA: Love he dragged shifferbrains and dumped him back onto the floor outside the employee counter area.

ETAAA:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I watched that several times, even tried to stop action as quick as I could but still couldn't figure out where the knife came from. He didn't seem to draw it, or pick it up, it just appeared in his hand.

If you watch when his right hand drops to the right of the register and asks if they can just leave, he places his hand on a folding knife. You can see him bring a black object in his hand up and keep it in front of him on the counter near register. White shirt guys makes a move and you can see his left hand reach toward the black object in his hand. He flips blade and transitions to fuckface as he jumps over counter and goes to town.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Knife was next to the register/tablet.

The name of the shop is Smokestrom Smoke Shop. The Google reviews people are leaving are pretty entertaining. Big Grin

"Johnny will really stick it to you with his low prices! His store is on point. It’s a smoke shop to die for!"

"This shop makes me feel extremely safe because I know it deals with criminals quickly and swiftly to allow customers to shop in peace"

"Owner is very friendly and is able to slash your prices right down!"

"The owner of this neat and tidy shop is Johnny. He will greet you with a smile and show you the utmost respect but for some reason I feel like he's the type of guy that wouldn't just let anybody punk him."

"I visit this place on occasion. I'm actually enjoying the new throw rug, I've never seen one with tinted red, blending in with gray. I'm thinking of getting one myself. One of the customers told me the name of the rug, it's called "I'm Dead"."

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Johnny Be Good.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
"I'm dead, I'm dead".

Well, looks like he had an epiphany. Maybe his only one.

ARman

He's calling it like he's playing a video game.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
There is a little more context offered in this news report.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OD7puHMoeVM

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
There is a little more context offered in this news report.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OD7puHMoeVM

Intersecting at the end they claim he will be arming himself now. Next time may be a little more loud and permanent

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
That was as awesome as the Mi-T-Mart Robbery scene in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" only this one was way funnier because of the body drag.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10900 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Also the official "advice"...

Comply, but don't give them more than they want. Find a safe space. Call the police.

Yeah, fuck that noise. Do what this guy did and live to see your store open another day - and the word on the street gets out that you don't fuck with this Vietnamese guy (honorary member of the Roof Koreans).

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1771 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post