SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wow, another case of self defense, using a knife.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wow, another case of self defense, using a knife. Login/Join 
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Yep, jumping over the counter and causing the shop owner to fear for his own personal safety will get you perforated...good stab.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Jeff Cooper had it right. Make criminals fear the victim

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it was the crooks that needed to comply.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Also the official "advice"...

Comply, but don't give them more than they want. Find a safe space. Call the police.

Decades of this horrible advice has done nothing but convince criminals that the general population are easy pickings with a little intimidation.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I watched it a second time and still have no idea where get pulled that knife from.

Reminds me of a video I saw on instagram a few weeks back. This was over in the UK, a handful of young men full of bravado menacing each other, talking a lot of shit. One takes a knife jab in the throat, game over. His realization that he was in fact going to die was sad. He didn't vocalize it like this street slug in the video, but it was all over his face.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
No matter how that kid spins it later he will always have those scars to remind him of how that blade felt sliding in over and over.
Those looked like they bottomed out too. Hope it hurts a lot.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have never liked the adage "Never bring a knife to a gunfight," or uninformed people saying "Why did you shoot him? He only had a knife!" A knife's only limitation is that one must be close enough to reach you with it. The gun's advantage increases with distance.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I watched it a second time and still have no idea where get pulled that knife from.

Watch his right hand. The knife is to the right of the cash register.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by furlough:
Also the official "advice"...

Comply, but don't give them more than they want. Find a safe space. Call the police.

Yeah, fuck that noise. Do what this guy did and live to see your store open another day - and the word on the street gets out that you don't fuck with this Vietnamese guy (honorary member of the Roof Koreans).

That goes back quite a few years ago, 1994?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Newsreader -

“Ya, it’s tough to watch.”

I must have a high threshold for ‘tough to watch videos’ because after watching it five or six times already I have not found it ‘tough to watch’ at all.

Maybe it’ll hit me after another half-dozen times or so?!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I watched it a second time and still have no idea where get pulled that knife from. ...

The point of concealed is to never let the bad guy have the advantage of knowing you have it until he has it.

"Ow, ow ow ow ow ow ow!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Was recently in a small retail establishment where I bought something wrapped in cellophane. Was going to pull out my knife and open it and decided better.

Asked the store owner if he would open it up.

He said no problem, and thank you about the knife. It would’ve been a much larger problem if I had been wearing a mask, he said.

Clerks are on full alert

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I have never liked the adage "Never bring a knife to a gunfight," or uninformed people saying "Why did you shoot him? He only had a knife!" A knife's only limitation is that one must be close enough to reach you with it. The gun's advantage increases with distance.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Agreed.

Years ago I took a knife defense class, but the instructor believed the best way how to teach defense was to first teach students how to fight with knives, before teaching the defensive tactics.

Before taking the class I figured, as a guy carrying a gun for defense, I had the advantage and downplayed the threat of a knife attack.

After taking the class I gained a whole new concern and awareness of the real threat that a knife attacker poses... but also what an effective defensive tool a knife can be, even when carrying a gun.

I now carry a defensive knife as part of my EDC, and have even occasionally relied solely on a defensive knife for super quick trips out of the house.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
If you assume a knife or whatnot is not that big of a deal then you haven't been seen someone get holes poked in them or laid open.
Sometimes it's just a gash, other times it's like a zipper was opened on an overfilled bag and it's everybody on the dance floor.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll bet there is a mommy somewhere saying, "he didn't have to try to kill him - he should have just stabbed in the leg!" Cool

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the stabbing at the mall in Australia. Took the guy two seconds to realize what happened. 8 seconds later, he was on the ground.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southern Rebel:
I'll bet there is a mommy somewhere saying, "he didn't have to try to kill him - he should have just stabbed in the leg!" Cool

Looks like he got him in the leg or butt too.
Dude sprang leaks from top to bottom, 7 times I believe.

posted Hide Post
That is truly going to leave a mark(s)!!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing he had a standard box-cutter next to the register but, reports are saying a 3-4" blade. We'll see as things settle down. Smoke shops are just magnets for shit-heads and low-lifes like these amateurs, very likely adolescent, gutter-rat types that think they can get away with things in life. Life bit-back unfortunately for one of them.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post