SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Refinancing the house etc. due to pending job loss?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Refinancing the house etc. due to pending job loss? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
The religious exemption is going to be tough since I don’t attend services or have any supporting folks to back me up.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Personally, I would just get vaccinated as opposed to losing my job.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Are you vaccinated?

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

I'm not sure that I understand the thinking of posting this here. The guy has made his decision, and is looking for advice on how to move forward after making that decision. I mean, if he was going to take the shot, there's no reason to post this question, and clearly suffer some really personal angst. And I get that this was not the decision you would make, BUT HOW DOES THIS HELP? I mean, just don't post in this guy's thread if you feel that way, right? It's not like responding is mandatory, especially if its unhelpful.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
The religious exemption is going to be tough since I don’t attend services or have any supporting folks to back me up.

Carefully read the policy requiring you to be vaccinated. You may still be eligible for a religious exemption even if you don't attend any services or belong to an organized religion.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Riley, I am sorry I cannot offer you much help with your question on refinancing advice other than to say with interest rates as they are right now and with home values rocket shipping skyward now is a good time to refi no matter what. Short term it could save money and maybe cut down on expenses so that’s a good thing I think.

I am deeply saddened and angry as hell that you have been put in this situation. Words really fail to convey the anger I have over all of this bullshit. When I read posts like yours and I have come across a few because I read a lot it infuriates me.

I struggle to see how a party championing the rights of people over their bodies in one situation (which I have ZERO interest in discussing in this thread or ever) can be so hypocritical in mandating an injection into everyone’s body. If it’s our bodies and our decision we should have a say in the decision and not be forced to potentially lose everything we have worked our whole lives to achieve.

I’m vaccinated and honestly if I could do it over again I wouldn’t do it. I think 100% vax rate is truly a pipe dream for authoritarian assholes to flex and shift responsibility at the same time for a shittastic plague from China that is proving to be a hell of a bastard.

Good luck Riley. Things do have a way of working out. Even when one door closes and the world looks like shit another door will open and things will eventually get better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not vaccinated. I work in an industry that will probably follow the herd and require it. My family would take a massive hit if I got terminated. I will take the vaccination if it’s that or lose my job and everything I’ve worked for my whole life. I wish financially I could retire first but that isn’t the smart play for me.

I’m glad people are resisting this. Good luck. Refinancing now is almost a no brained for most people. Without specifics I can’t comment about your situation but rates aren’t going to get lower on any significant level.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will take the vaccination if it’s that or lose my job and everything I’ve worked for my whole life.

That's certainly what your overlords are counting on.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15695 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
I will take the vaccination if it’s that or lose my job and everything I’ve worked for my whole life.

My company just started raffling off $5000 a week to employees who are vaccinated. If an employee is vaccinated, they submit their card and are entered into the drawing. I'm sure some got the jab just to try and win. That's how much they are incentivizing this. I'd like to raffle $5000 to everyone not getting it but with the possibility I'll be let go in the future for not getting it that's not a wise choice now.

OP, I know you said real estate is high but look at other options. Sell your house, find a house with a garage apartment and rent that out. Is land high? Find some and buy a mobile home and put it on there. There are options.

Posts: 4077 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Weaseldriver
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't take on more debt but would still try to protect the asset.

Consider renting your house out and moving to something you can afford (post job loss) until things change.

If your home is your most valuable asset, I'd borrow against my 401(K) or pay the early withdrawal penalty before I'd put the home at risk.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 468 | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I'd go the religious exemption route and fight fight fight.

People get excused from all kinds of obligations for nonsense religious reasons. Some are more nonsense than others, but hey, that's why this strategy will work.

Plan for the worst here, hope for the best.

If they fire you, what are your unemployment prospects? Is that something you can take to court and drag out too?

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

Till people in large numbers push back this will not end here.

Riley, I understand and am in the same boat. I will not get one of these shots and will more than likely be unemployed in the next month or so over it. I’ve drawn my line in the sand and will figure out how to deal with it. I’ve sent you an email as well.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Riley I’m sorry they have lined you up against a wall. I certainly don’t have much advise to offer beyond what has been already said.

If I may ask what line of work are you in? Maybe someone here can help you out…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
this was part of a personal email I received today from a very trusted friend who is on the front line in a rural hospital 30 miles from me. Going to keep it anonymous but he is a long time Sig forum member and is brutally honest. I'm mixed opinion on the jab but I took the moderna vax, both shots, last one mid March 2021. No apparent side effects. My reasons were age 70, heart attack survivor and diabetic.

I've been scarce because I'm around all this covid shit and I don't wanna be the carrier. It's worse now than last time. It seems to be more deadly this round. It's about 1 vaccinated to 20 un-vaxed in the patients I see. The ones I see that have took the jab and get covid go home with a coupla prescriptions. The others go to the covid wards and some go to the graveyard. If you have covid and get put on a ventilator you're probably not gonna make it.

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So be it. I'm not taking their Goddamned vaccine, which is not a vaccine, except now they've changed the definition of the word "vaccine" to fit the ineffectiveness of that shit. Fucking ridiculous. If they wanted us to trust them, they shouldn't have spent the last year and a half lying to us everytime they opened their mouths.

From a post today in the coronavirus thread:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
"We need to be... more scary to the public... If you don't get vaccinated, you know you're going to die."

https://twitter.com/NationalFi.../1436466927703138308

Why would we trust the word of these people? I wouldn't believe them if they told me today is Monday.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I have been instructed by my denomination, that I am NOT allowed to write or endorse any religious exemptions. I can't share what my denomination is, but we're global and big in some markets.

My denomination is going woke, and we're likely to split over this.

That said, if you are in Law Enforcement, Fire, or another emergency service, I may have some options. Another chaplain I'm working with is writing letters for officers contacting him. I have to be careful, but I may be able to help, or at least point you somewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
A fake card may not solve his problem . At least not in the long term . In Louisiana your name goes in a database if you are vaccinated , also my Doctor was notified and it is in my medical records .

On this subject. Today I went for a Rapid Test (been sick and needed to rule Covid out) and with my name and Birthday they pulled up my Florida address. This test was being done in a rural Indiana county. So yes, they are tracking the information.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I was told by denominational legal counsel that large religious organizations have somehow been told?, threatened?, vaguely advised? This part I'm not sure about....

told that IRS nonprofit status may get challenged for writing religious exemptions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
First off I am not in your situation. But will offer some thoughts.

First, take a deep breath. All of this is a bit to take in as it appears right now. Don't panic. Not that you are.

Second. I would not refi your situation. At least not at this point.

Do try to pay off any debt you can. Even if it means selling some stuff that you would rather not. You can always replace items later.

Look into the religious exemption. Even if you do not want to join a church. You may need to do so short term. I have no idea how that exemption works.

Screw their system whatever it is. They are trying to screw you over this mandate. So fair is fair.

I am optimistic this will get shot down in the near future. There are way more people not getting this poke than the gov and media are trying to lead people to believe.

Keep a level head. I believe you will be fine.

Thinking about things that you can do to prepare yourself better for the future will set you on the right path.

We are with you and I can tell you that I respect you immensely for your willingness to stand firm and not let this group push you around. A bully ultimately will get punched in the face.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Riley,

I sent you an email from the address in my profile with a potential option.

Hope it helps.

Sending you good thoughts on finding a path through this...

Kevin

Posts: 130 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post