SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Refinancing the house etc. due to pending job loss?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Refinancing the house etc. due to pending job loss? Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

This is one of the things I just don’t understand about the response to the virus. In two separate conversations with medical professionals recently (dentist & cardiologist) both of whom were adamantly pro-vaccine, but both shared that the way the vaccine works is to teach your body to fight the spike protein so the virus doesn’t get a toehold in your bloodstream, get into your lungs, and make you really sick. Both stated that you can still get the virus, still have the same viral load in your nasal pharynx, still spread the virus. What the vaccine does (supposedly, if we believe the data out of Israel) is prevent you from getting “really sick”. By extension, it does absolutely nothing to stop the spread.

If getting the vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting and spreading the disease, why in the world is the biden administration, the mainstream media, social media, the medical establishment, etc so bound and determined to force everyone to be vaccinated? Why?


You answered it yourself. The vaccine teaches your body to fight so the virus doesn't get you really sick and kill you. That's why they're pushing it.

Changing the subject slightly, one of the things I've noticed while cruising multiple forums is that the people who refuse to get vaccinated remains more or less the same, but their reasons for doing so change every few months.

First, they refused to get vaccinated because the vaccine wasn't FDA approved.

Then, when it was approved, they said that the approval was fake and a sham and so it still wasn't approved in spite of the FDA saying it was and so they weren't going to get vaccinated.

Now these same people are saying they won't get vaccinated because it's a mandate and they refuse to be bullied into getting it.

Makes me wonder what their real reasons are?
 
Posts: 7228 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
My daughter wont get the shot due a heart related issue. So shes trying to be a nurse but colleges are requiring shots so she looking around.

These commie run colleges are screw up peoples lives too.



Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin
 
Posts: 3539 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Just my opinion, but I don't see giving up ones livelihood vs. getting the vac, as a difficult choice.


____________________________
NRA Life Member, Annual Member GOA, MGO Annual Member
 
Posts: 13026 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Just my opinion, but I don't see giving up ones livelihood vs. getting the vac, as a difficult choice.
And yet, here we are.
 
Posts: 95185 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Just my opinion, but I don't see giving up ones livelihood vs. getting the vac, as a difficult choice.

Well, the OP does. You are basically saying to him that you don't respect his decision on where to draw the line on his own personal freedom.
 
Posts: 2075 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Correct

Furthermore, there are some of us who will never submit to doing the will of people who behave this way:



He needs to be kicked in his ass, repeatedly. These fuckin' people do not live in the real world.
 
Posts: 95185 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:The vaccine teaches your body to fight so the virus doesn't get you really sick and kill you. That's why they're pushing it. ...

...Makes me wonder what their real reasons are?


To the first, then if nothing else is of any benefit except that fact, then "why the push" (to the degree it is being pushed) which defies that logic. If people are simply going to die (worst case) because they are not vaccinated, why are people not "permitted" to make that choice for themselves, anymore than excessive drinking, smoking or any number of unhealthy choices?


And last, the "real reason", is the same:
Not approved, do not trust or want that.
Approved but a sham, do not trust or want that.
Approved, still a sham, and now a mandate, do not trust or want that.

It's not the people resisting that keep changing, they are rock steady, it is the "science" that is constantly changing.

"Science" is boiled down to "observable/repeatable" and is generated by the thought of man about a thing either that which pops into his mind, or something he encounters that he wishes to understand,.

And then the observation and repeatability of the thing, thought about or observed and wondered over, become the answer and is then "rubber stamped" SCIENCE.

However, if new information is discovered about that thing stamped, it is either modified or discarded based on the veracity of the truth of the first "stamping".

Example, the earth is the center and sun, moon stars revolve around the earth. Find out wrong, seek new facts, and discarded.

Example human embryos were observed and compared to other vertebrate embryos and many structures had similar characteristics. These were then thought to be evidence of common "ancestor" along evolutionary path.
Later, it was realized that the structures are similar as the development is similar, but that the structures were not anything related other than appearance, "gill slits" being one of the more notable. Turns out, the "slits" have nothing in common other than appearance, and there is no related structure of tissues with regard to function or cellular make up and in fact develop into different organ structures and tissues.
So, the "observable/repeatable" was more correctly understood as greater evidence supported the actual facts, and resulted in modifying the "science stamp".

What is NOT "science", is the "rubber stamp" itself, "making" a thing science, simply by rubber stamping it.

And that, is what a great deal of the trouble with the "trust" issue in regard to the whole of this past 2 years on every level and facet.

"science" is ever changing as the evidence either supports, denies or modifies our understanding of the unknown and we can never see the end of it, only that we think we have it figured out in the present moment.




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. I'm gonna go to the Alamo
 
Posts: 41849 | Location: fl | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Just my opinion, but I don't see giving up ones livelihood vs. getting the vac, as a difficult choice.

Well, the OP does. You are basically saying to him that you don't respect his decision on where to draw the line on his own personal freedom.

Not saying that at all, I respect his decision. I wouldn't do it, but he is free to make his own choice.


____________________________
NRA Life Member, Annual Member GOA, MGO Annual Member
 
Posts: 13026 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The man has made his decision, then you pop in and say "Well, I wouldn't do it." What purpose does that serve? He's not taking a poll.
 
Posts: 95185 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I agree I should never have said nothing.


____________________________
NRA Life Member, Annual Member GOA, MGO Annual Member
 
Posts: 13026 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The thing you have to understand, Warhorse, is that those of us who are resisting this sham are sick and tired of being told we're making a mistake, sick and tired of being told we're endangering civilization itself, sick and tired of being threatened with all sorts of restrictions and punishments, and sick and tired of being marginalized because we don't follow the herd.

The harder they push, the harder we'll push back.
 
Posts: 95185 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Effin A right, thanks Para!!
 
Posts: 1498 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
And being threatened. Ol Make Sure the Kids Are Hidin Biden is losing his patience with us.

If we just do this one little thing for him, such a reasonable guy, I'm sure we can all go back to holding hands and wearing funny hats.


-Just 15 days to slow the spread guys, so we're safe.

-Essential business only guys, to keep us safe.

-Flu deaths DISAPPEARED. But now we have all these Covid deaths, that seem to equal out??? CRISIS!!!!

-Hospitals/ Docs paid to report things as Covid.

-Crash your motorcycle. Cause of Death, COVID!

- FU%$*NG 99% Survival Rate!!!!


That's just off the top of my head.


Tyranny. Plain and simple. Should probably just preemptively hand in or destroy your guns too. Before Joey Poo loses his patience. Because next any business with 1 person or more can't own guns.


------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/
 
Posts: 6305 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
99% of people dying of COVID-19 today have not got the Vaccine. That sed it depends on we’re you work and your off work life style if your subject to getting Covid.Our Grand Daughters Fiancé lost his job a year ago due to Covid,and he went into trucking. The job he has he’s basically alone all day and isn’t around other people much after work. Trucking is begging for drivers,most ads that say you need 1 to 3 years in the seat to get a job are not true. You get a CDL-A and company’s will train you today for their trucking needs.
 
Posts: 4374 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

This is one of the things I just don’t understand about the response to the virus. In two separate conversations with medical professionals recently (dentist & cardiologist) both of whom were adamantly pro-vaccine, but both shared that the way the vaccine works is to teach your body to fight the spike protein so the virus doesn’t get a toehold in your bloodstream, get into your lungs, and make you really sick. Both stated that you can still get the virus, still have the same viral load in your nasal pharynx, still spread the virus. What the vaccine does (supposedly, if we believe the data out of Israel) is prevent you from getting “really sick”. By extension, it does absolutely nothing to stop the spread.

If getting the vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting and spreading the disease, why in the world is the biden administration, the mainstream media, social media, the medical establishment, etc so bound and determined to force everyone to be vaccinated? Why?


You answered it yourself. The vaccine teaches your body to fight so the virus doesn't get you really sick and kill you. That's why they're pushing it.

Changing the subject slightly, one of the things I've noticed while cruising multiple forums is that the people who refuse to get vaccinated remains more or less the same, but their reasons for doing so change every few months.

First, they refused to get vaccinated because the vaccine wasn't FDA approved.

Then, when it was approved, they said that the approval was fake and a sham and so it still wasn't approved in spite of the FDA saying it was and so they weren't going to get vaccinated.

Now these same people are saying they won't get vaccinated because it's a mandate and they refuse to be bullied into getting it.

Makes me wonder what their real reasons are?

So I should accept the chance I could die from this vaccine (like the over 14000 in the US have already) to take a chance I won't get as sick if I get Covid? So I should take a chance that even though 14k have died, even though nobody knows the long term effects, I should take it to possibly make me not as sick? The "small percentage" of people that die from it is only insignificant if you're not on the dying side of it. The risks outweigh the rewards, I'm surprised how easily people trust in our government to have your best interest in mind. I cannot understand why people give in so easily for very little benefit and a whole lot of risk.
 
Posts: 3559 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I,m 82 and lived through the Polio pandemic of the 50’s.There was almost no political claptrap about a Vaccine then. The pictures of victums in Iron lungs and a neighbor kid or young person dying from it sent people in droves to their Doctor for the Vaccine. It’s your choice,but don’t blame others if your choice don’t work out.
 
Posts: 4374 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Changing the subject slightly, one of the things I've noticed while cruising multiple forums is that the people who refuse to get vaccinated remains more or less the same, but their reasons for doing so change every few months.

First, they refused to get vaccinated because the vaccine wasn't FDA approved.

Then, when it was approved, they said that the approval was fake and a sham and so it still wasn't approved in spite of the FDA saying it was and so they weren't going to get vaccinated.

Now these same people are saying they won't get vaccinated because it's a mandate and they refuse to be bullied into getting it.

Makes me wonder what their real reasons are?

Really? What do you think the "real reasons" are for so many here?
And the FDA approval line is a straw-man argument. I know of NO ONE who has ever said, "Oh, I'd get it, but it's not FDA approved." Biden tried to make that argument, that people were holding out for FDA approval and now they had it, and should now "do the right thing."

Besides, FDA approval was never in doubt. A couple of long-time FDA scientists resigned over how it was rushed to approval but they were just collateral damage. Kind of like the rest of us who resist, huh?

I was hesitant, initially. I was hesitant for the same reason I don’t buy the first year of a new car model. I like to find out something about the track record before I buy into something. Only with a car you can sell it and move on. Once you take the jab you can't un-do it. Now that I know more I’m no longer just hesitant. I’m resistant.



"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
 
Posts: 20141 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
99% of people dying of COVID-19 today have not got the Vaccine. That sed it depends on we’re you work and your off work life style if your subject to getting Covid.Our Grand Daughters Fiancé lost his job a year ago due to Covid,and he went into trucking. The job he has he’s basically alone all day and isn’t around other people much after work. Trucking is begging for drivers,most ads that say you need 1 to 3 years in the seat to get a job are not true. You get a CDL-A and company’s will train you today for their trucking needs.


Do you have anything to back up the 99% claim or are you just pulling that number from somewhere?



I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!
 
Posts: 1162 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
I,m 82 and lived through the Polio pandemic of the 50’s.There was almost no political claptrap about a Vaccine then. The pictures of victums in Iron lungs and a neighbor kid or young person dying from it sent people in droves to their Doctor for the Vaccine. It’s your choice,but don’t blame others if your choice don’t work out.


You also must realize that it took YEARS of testing and failures to get the Salk and Sabin vaccines approved. How long was the Covid vaccine tested? Apples and oranges comparison!



I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!
 
Posts: 1162 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Refinancing the house etc. due to pending job loss?

© SIGforum 2021