SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Refinancing the house etc. due to pending job loss?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Refinancing the house etc. due to pending job loss? Login/Join 
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Riley,

You really should see a lawyer with some experience in this area. We are currently fighting my daughter’s employer. She is a minor, 17, working as a tech for an eye surgeon who said everyone in the office needed to get vaccinated unless you had a good reason. We went the religious exemption route as we do not have to prove anything on our part, just claim it. We did not go thru an attorney, but hind sight being 20/20 I probably would and definitely will if this moves forward.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:...

Plan B, Im dead serious, I would find a homeless guy and get him a fake ID with your info but his picture. Take him to a community outreach center and have him get the shot for you and give you the card. Pay him a couple hundred bucks.

Seriously? Promoting a possible 3rd degree felony?
Gotta come up with better options.

Dead serious. If they passed a law tomorrow banning guns would you lose yours in a boating accident or would you turn them over willingly? I have seen enough of the criminal justice system that I am willing to take the extremely rare chance of being caught/prosecuted.

If anything it will buy you some time till one of these constitutional change lawsuits hits the supreme court.

Posts: 5404 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Plan B, Im dead serious, I would find a homeless guy and get him a fake ID with your info but his picture. Take him to a community outreach center and have him get the shot for you and give you the card. Pay him a couple hundred bucks.

wrong on so many levels

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:... If they passed a law tomorrow banning guns would you lose yours in a boating accident or would you turn them over willingly?...

For fuck's sake, that is the silliest comparison. It has nothing to do with what I said.

Telling someone on a public forum to commit a felony (and it is a 3rd degree felony in Utah) rather than exhausting the other options, is foolish.

Now, I will not argue nor broadcast what I will do in most any given circumstance.

But I know what I am willing or not willing to comply with, and when or when I won't act accordingly.

That was the entirety of my earlier post, and most obvious to anyone that chooses to spend at least as much time reflecting on the meaning and intent, as it took to read and type a response.

We are certain in the uncertain times going to find ourselves holding the same coin and one looking at heads, and the other looking at tails and contending we see a different coin.

Yet, neither is wrong in assessment, only wrong in the position we believe the other person holds is wrong.

(and most people have email addresses in their profiles, where people could practice discretion in some discussions...)

/drift

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43797 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
gpbst3, you need to be cool.

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Why cant we manufacture Ivermectin or HCQ? Fix ourselves from getting the virus. Tell those fucks in government to go shove it. Take away peoples livelyhood then just like those who armed up against BLM. We need a fresh alternative to this criminal medical industry and commies in DC. Fix it ourselves and fuck them. They punish us, we pay them back. Whats right is right.

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, if 10 to 20 percent of people walk off their jobs, then unemployment numbers will spike. But, it will not be reported because unemployment compensation won't be paid. Meanwhile shortages of teachers, firefighter, truck drivers, medical personnel, food, gasoline, will escalate ensuring nationwide shortages of about everything.
Great plan. That will get the focus of Afghanistan.
Courts may strike it down unless you are a Federal employee. Eventually

Posts: 1387 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Riley, this is for you, man. I don't have any ideas for you, except to say, hold on. You will prevail.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I have no wisdom or advice to offer, but I'm hoping and praying for the best for you.

I don't have any helpful words about what I think of this whole situation. I'm as angry as the rest of you.

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They will never get to a 100% vaccination level, so, they've already lost. They just don't know it yet. If the SCOTUS gets the chance to do the right thing, we holdouts may be victorious.

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I am in a similar situation. Just received my letter today threatening possible termination if I don’t take the jab.

Knowing this was a possibility, we did a refi in July. Dropped a full point on the rate and about a $250/mo lower payment. Four years to recoup the costs, but that is secondary to the lower monthly obligations. Other than the mortgage, we luckily carry no other debt.

I am 1 year short of 30 years service, if I retire early it will cost me about $900/mo on my defined benefit and we will have to live off savings for a year until I hit 59.5 and can withdraw from my defined contribution account without IRS penalties.

Thankfully, weather mortgage is less than half the value of our house and at some point in the future will sell and leave this God-forsaken state. I promised my wife that wouldn’t happen so long as her mother is still above ground.

I’ve crunched the numbers and as long as we can do 4% or better on our investments, we should survive with some belt tightening.

The biggest unknown for me is medical insurance, even retiring early I can get the retiree medical coverage, but no guarantee they won’t require a jab for that as well at some point.

My wife took the jab (J&J) and would rather I just cave, but she understands that this may be my line in the sand.

We have 10 Supervisors in our Comm Center. One retires next week, me and another are seriously considering resignation over this. With a 30% hit to staffing it would be a serious issue. Floor staffing is already 15% short and roughly another 10% of the Call Receivers and Dispatchers are also considering walking away. Just one more disincentive for a very difficult and stressful job.

Deputies are considering this the final straw as well on top of all the other anti law enforcement sentiment going on.

It’s almost as if they want the entire system to collapse.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10911 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see that your are holding out against this bullshit. Dont't listen to those that say "go ahead and get the jab". The blood pressure problems have been under reported. And there is the moral obligation of your freedom of your body your choice. I have not gotten the jab and FUCK Biden and FUCK those that have voted for him!! This is all Political and focused on making Bill Gates and the likes more money.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something to ponder. If you get Covid and recover you WILL be vaccinated. While the CDC doesn't like to publicize it a natural infection can vaccinate someone against this virus.

Side effects for this form of vaccination can vary from what seems like a head cold to Death. About 10% of those vaccinated by this method will suffer side effects ranging from severe permanent lung damage to Death. Currently 98% of ALL Covid hospitalizations are people without any vaccination.

Does the Covid vaccine have side effects? Yes it does and they are common. Are these side effects harmful or deadly, yes they are. In numbers of perhaps 2 or 300 per 10 Million people. Are the side effects long lasting? No, at most it's 18-30 hours of discomfort such as severe chills.

Does catching Covid have side effects? Yes it does, just check the fatality rate. The current total fatality rate for the USA is 1.6%. It can also cause enough damage to the lungs to require those effected from this damage to carry Oxygen for the rest of their shortened lives. Can moving to Alaska, Wyoming, or Montana wild lands protects you. Yes it can, but only if you don't have contact with anyone else. If you go to a store for anything you could catch Covid.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5599 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish you well on your decision. I made mine but it was just that, my decision. I cost me a part time job that had been part of our lives for 50 years but it was something I had to do.

The decision had to be an individual one and not part of a group think.

I foresee a mass exodus from public service.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’ve had Covid at least once.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8336 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for you suggestions and help on the forum and via email. I can’t tell you how much this means to me. Please keep them coming.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8336 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost my job last year due to COVID, but was given plenty of notice by my former employer. We got the refi done just in time, it took a LONG time to complete due to workload of the refi company, and I heard the other companies were experiencing the same thing.

we did it to make sure my wife's salary would cover the mortgage, and in the end, I got another job quite quickly.

PS good luck with your situation. I am dreading the policy coming out for my new employer. I work remotely all the time.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
One more idea for you but it depends on your family size and vehicle situation. If I have to sell my house I'm also considering buying a fifth wheel and living in that. That gets me out of about $6000 in costs a year from taxes and insurance on a house. RV's have their own costs but it is lower than owning a house in my area.

Posts: 4074 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I am in a similar situation. Just received my letter today threatening possible termination if I don’t take the jab.

Knowing this was a possibility, we did a refi in July. Dropped a full point on the rate and about a $250/mo lower payment. Four years to recoup the costs, but that is secondary to the lower monthly obligations. Other than the mortgage, we luckily carry no other debt.

I am 1 year short of 30 years service, if I retire early it will cost me about $900/mo on my defined benefit and we will have to live off savings for a year until I hit 59.5 and can withdraw from my defined contribution account without IRS penalties.

Thankfully, weather mortgage is less than half the value of our house and at some point in the future will sell and leave this God-forsaken state. I promised my wife that wouldn’t happen so long as her mother is still above ground.

I’ve crunched the numbers and as long as we can do 4% or better on our investments, we should survive with some belt tightening.

The biggest unknown for me is medical insurance, even retiring early I can get the retiree medical coverage, but no guarantee they won’t require a jab for that as well at some point.

My wife took the jab (J&J) and would rather I just cave, but she understands that this may be my line in the sand.

We have 10 Supervisors in our Comm Center. One retires next week, me and another are seriously considering resignation over this. With a 30% hit to staffing it would be a serious issue. Floor staffing is already 15% short and roughly another 10% of the Call Receivers and Dispatchers are also considering walking away. Just one more disincentive for a very difficult and stressful job.

Deputies are considering this the final straw as well on top of all the other anti law enforcement sentiment going on.

It’s almost as if they want the entire system to collapse.

Don't resign, make them terminate you.

Posts: 1802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Did anyone see the vax mandate for welfare recipients?....yeah, me neither.

Posts: 1802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post