SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Refinancing the house etc. due to pending job loss?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Refinancing the house etc. due to pending job loss? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
Riley,

You really should see a lawyer with some experience in this area. We are currently fighting my daughter’s employer. She is a minor, 17, working as a tech for an eye surgeon who said everyone in the office needed to get vaccinated unless you had a good reason. We went the religious exemption route as we do not have to prove anything on our part, just claim it. We did not go thru an attorney, but hind sight being 20/20 I probably would and definitely will if this moves forward.

+1 here. If you go to Whitehouse.gov there is a transcript of Bido’s speech the other night. It was only the news headlines, after the fact, that implied Jo-Jo said “mandate”. A look further down in the speech (next paragraph) says OR show a negative test. This is a disinformation bullying tactic.

You may claim your religious exemption, file it with your employer, and they pretty much have to accept it because any emergency order from the pres. can’t do nothing. Any attempted legal crap will come from the Dept. of Labor and will state that vaccines will be mandated but EXEMPTIONS WILL BE ALLOWED AS REQUIRED BY LAW. This is a reference to the Civil Rights act of 1964 whereupon it was determined that a religious exemption must be approved unless it is shown that it would prove to be an undo hardship on the EMPLOYER.

I’d file the exemption then, if they don’t comply, sue them, citing the 1964 Civil Rights act. You will at least need a lawyer to “right the letter” for ya.

I can’t emphasize enough your need to watch part of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKk7dnMuqzw. Starting at about the 28:13 mark.

Krisanne Hall has it all together, is a constitutional lawyer, and is doing an excellent job teaching this stuff all around the country. She has helped tremendously in this area of Florida to set things right.

https://krisannehall.com/

Good Luck!

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Do the testing...it'll be as inconvenient for them as it is for you. Not one single person should leave their job...make the nanny state cuckolds test you for the rest of your life!

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
There will be testing but it will not allow a person to bypass the vaccine mandates from either the employer or the President.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
I’ve had Covid at least once.

Prof Granted Vaccine Exemption After ‘Natural Immunity’ Lawsuit
'I speak for tens of millions of Americans in the same circumstances'

https://www.citizensjournal.us...al-immunity-lawsuit/

After filing a lawsuit arguing he obtained “natural immunity” from COVID-19 after being infected with the novel coronavirus, George Mason University granted a professor a medical exemption from its COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

Lawyers for Todd Zywicki, a law professor at the Fairfax, Virginia, university, announced the agreement Tuesday, the Washington Post reported.

Prof Granted Vaccine Exemption After ‘Natural Immunity’ Lawsuit
'I speak for tens of millions of Americans in the same circumstances'

After filing a lawsuit arguing he obtained “natural immunity” from COVID-19 after being infected with the novel coronavirus, George Mason University granted a professor a medical exemption from its COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

Lawyers for Todd Zywicki, a law professor at the Fairfax, Virginia, university, announced the agreement Tuesday, the Washington Post reported.

George Mason University Professor Todd Zywicki testifies to the Senate Banking Committee on April 5, 2016. (Wikimedia Commons)

“I am gratified that George Mason has given me a medical exemption to allow me to fulfill my duties this fall semester in light of unprecedented circumstances,” Zywicki said.

“I speak for tens of millions of Americans in the same circumstances I am in, and I call on leaders across the country to develop humane and science-based approaches as opposed to one-size-fits-all policies.”

Zywicki filed affidavits from his doctor stating he has natural immunity from the virus after having fully recovered from COVID-19. And the lawsuit argued there is substantial scientific evidence indicating natural immunity from the virus is stronger than immunity through various vaccines.

A spokesman for George Mason University declined comment on any medical accommodation, citing “state policy regarding personnel information and confidentiality of health information.”

But no accommodation will be given based on natural immunity to COVID, the spokesman said, arguing it conflicts with CDC guidance.

“His litigation had no impact on the consideration of his request for a medical exemption from the vaccination requirement,” the spokesman said. “Mason encourages everyone, including those who previously had COVID-19, to get vaccinated, and will continue to take the steps necessary to protect the Mason community from COVID.”

‘Robust and durable protection’

Zywicki, who has been at George Mason for 24 years, explained his case in an op-ed published Aug. 6 by the Wall Street Journal.

He said he contracted and recovered from COVID-19 in the spring of 2020, which later was confirmed through a positive antibody test. And multiple positive antibody tests “have since confirmed that I continue to have a robust level of immune protection.”

The university’s “coercive mandate,” he wrote, “violates my constitutional right to bodily integrity for no compelling reason.”

The university requires students to be vaccinated by Aug. 1 and faculty and staff by Aug.15. Those who do not comply must show a medical or religious exemption.

In his op-ed, Zywicki cited clinical studies from Israel, the Cleveland Clinic, England and elsewhere that have demonstrated that natural immunity to SARS-CoV-2 “provides robust and durable protection against reinfection comparable to or better than that provided by the most effective vaccines.”

He argued further that it “isn’t merely unnecessary for me to get the shot.”

“It’s potentially dangerous. Covid-recovered individuals have been mostly excluded from the vaccine clinical trials, rendering any claims about the purported safety for this group largely speculative,” he wrote.

Last week, the Times noted, the CDC highlighted a new study indicating unvaccinated people were twice as likely to get reinfected with COVID-19.

But many a recent Israeli study cited by Zywicki showed natural immunity is 6.7 times greater than for vaccinated people.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
We’ve discussed the motorhome or other RV option as well. Winters can be rough around here in an RV, though doable.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
… exemptions for religious or medical exemption on a case by case basis.
I wonder if Rev. Joy Maker is signing religious exemptions.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Any random chance someone is hiring in a free state and not require the jab?

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
To the OP, hush up, and find a lawyer.

I’m vaccinated, I have no issues with being vaccinated, which isn’t relevant to my statement. You desperately need legal counsel.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Politicians and staff are exempt. New career ? I would go for religious exemption.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Downsizing the house is not an option due to inflated home prices, I’d be in a smaller place at the same cost. The refi would lower the payment a few hundred a month.

Currently the combination of decent jobs, decent cost/areas of living and no vaccine mandates aren’t lining up. I’m close to Montana and that’s the preferred area if we relocate.

It may be worry for naught if they accept my request for medical exemption but it’s a few weeks before I can get into my doctor. I’d rather not wait until the last day and then try to figure out what to do.

If nothing else maybe I can accelerate my retirement.

Not understanding your logic completely on the downsizing option. If you move from 3000 sq ft to 1500 sq ft and the sq ft price is $200 that is $600,000 vs $300,000 as a full mortgage amount. It would also be easy to exercise back to the 30 year option during the move. The "artificially high" prices are baked into both ends of the deal assuming you do it simultaneously .

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
This thread just blows my mind. I will never comprehend the anti vax mentality.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Personally, I would just get vaccinated as opposed to losing my job.

This is what "they" are counting on.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
This thread just blows my mind. I will never comprehend the anti vax mentality

Bob

Really? You do know the difference between what is being pimped out to the general public and a real vaccine?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, there are plenty of people in this world who cannot comprehend the resolve to sacrifice employment, property and social status in order to preserve one's principles. My condolences to you, that you are one of them.

Over the last year and a half, we have been told an ever-changing tale, by governments and agencies who do nothing but lie and demonstrate their ineptitude.

In the past week in this forum, we have seen a man choose to end his career rather than submit to these clowns, and in this very thread, we see a man ready to forfeit employment, property and social status for the same reasons. Proclaiming you don't understand this is a display of the same attitude as those who call men fools for volunteering to go to war in defense of their country. Whether or not you ar anyone understands this willingness to make personal sacrifices, doesn't change the fact that such people exist, and thank God for those people.

I don't want to hear this term "anti vax" or anything approximating it in this forum. These terms suggest that the burden of this global psychosis falls upon those who simply wish to be left alone to take their chances.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
How can you trust people who change the very definition of vaccine to help their agenda?

How can you place trust in a vaccine whose long term effects are completely unknown?

When you get the jab they give you a bunch of literature that says they really don’t know how effective it will be long term. We’re seeing the results of this play out right now.

If you think people need to just get the jab so life can go back to normal you’re in for a bit of a shock. 100% vaccination rates will never be achieved. It is possible our attempts to reduce the pain of Covid is actually going to make it worse and last longer.

My faith in big pharmaceutical companies and politicians is at an all time low. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
FYI, I am a 4 year veteran 68-72 and VOLUNTEERED for Southeast Asia every one of those years. I am certainly no draft dodger.

Let's see, flu shot, shingles shot, tetanus shot, etc, what the hell is one more.This one may just keep me from going thru major grief or even death.

We wont even look at the side effects of the Chemo I went thru.

I am not accusing anyone of anything, just confused. My kids are in that same camp. I just don't get it.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bob

I've been to the doctor many times. "It's a virus, there is nothing, just drink plenty of fluids and it will work it's way thru."

Now, we've suddenly developed a vaccine for a virus?

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about this thread while doing laps in the pool yesterday and a thought crossed my mind.

Nobody knows if the vaccine (or whatever you want to call it) is going to cause any adverse side effects whatsoever long term.

How would it feel to give up almost all your future and then find it actually was pretty innocuous?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
FYI, I am a 4 year veteran 68-72 and VOLUNTEERED for Southeast Asia every one of those years.
Would you be willing to share your reasons for volunteering?

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
How would it feel to give up almost all your future and then find it actually was pretty innocuous?

I stay out of these threads for the most part, mostly because they are so polarized. I got the vaccine. Mostly just so I could ditch the mask. That was short lived, so it was all for nothing.

What if it isn’t innocuous. What if the vaccine has some really fucked up side effect. Thalidomide was a wonder drug back in the 60’s. God forbid you take it and get pregnant.
DDT was a pretty kick ass insecticide. It works incredibly well. The long term side effects are not so innocuous.

Both of those chemicals were “modern miracles” at one time. They are viewed with a different light now.

I was having trouble grasping the refusal of the vaccine. I have been vaccinated for damn near everything, so why not one more. My wife really was struggling at understanding why someone would refuse the vaccine, to the point they could lose a job, home, everything. So let’s put this into perspective. This is a little bit dramatic, but the analogy gets the point across.

What if instead of a vaccine and a little poke in the arm, to keep all you have, what if it was different. What if the same situation came up, but instead of an injection of a substance in a hypodermic, you just had to give up your wife. Only ten minutes. Heck, maybe only two minutes. Let someone fuck your wife and nothing changes. Say no, and you lose it all.

Would you be okay with that? It’s not a big deal. It’s just two minutes, quick, done, over, life carries on. Are you okay with that?

Is that analogy dramatic, yes. Do I see that happening, no. How many times have you looked at another country and said “how did they let themselves be taken advantage by their own people like that”?

Riley, I’m sorry for what you have been faced with. I do not have any words of value for your situation, however I hope the best for you in this shit situation.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post