SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I guess this means the bloom is off the cactus...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Millionaire leftists...
Billionaire leftists...
Gazillionaire leftists...

How come all these leftists (with way more money than me) want my money and accuse me of being greedy and selfish?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
You know if not for his despotic tendencies, Mikey would probably be better than these other commies.

Bloomberg wants to disarm everyone except except his security, because he thinks his life is valuable and everyone else isn't.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I heard a pundit say Bloomberg brought a wallet to a knife fight.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
This is starting to look like a brokered convention and if I'm a Democrat that troubles me in a very big way

This race for the nomination might be over by mid-March with no one firmly headed for a majority of delegates.

Bernie will likely have a plurality and the other candidates will have a majority if added together. Bernie will not have a majority on the first vote and in the second, the 500 super delegates will vote and give a collective and brokered vote to someone else.

Hillarity will ensure.

Notice how none of the candidates besides Bernie would to saying that the person with the most delegates should be the nominee? Bernie strongly said it should be do he knows what's in store if he doesn't outright have a majority.

All this makes me giddy.

Posts: 4078 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I love how Sanders and Warren only use the term "billionaires" to describe the evil rich. Why? As of course they are millionaires and thus they are the GOOD rich. Sanders in particular. A damn communist who owns 3 homes and now has millions. Hasn't given it all to the state. Phoney bastard.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Last night every Fox pundit, starting with Carlson, took the opportunity of Mayor Bloomberg's ignominious performance in the debate to apply a soothing balm of concentrated capsaicin to the welts left by the beating by the fauxahontas dominatrix.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
mini mike lives in a protective cocoon where he is protected against ridicule. He appears to be unable to take it, and public scorn the likes he didn't see as mayor, may get to him.

I wonder if it wasn't so much that he wasn't prepared for questions, but that his arrogance didn't allow that anyone would ask those questions.

Bravery is one thing, but not understanding the result of kicking the hornets nest is another. Fauxahontas may regret what she did to mini mike at the debate. The little wanna be despotic and possibly vindictive prick with more money than god, could spend enough to screw over anybody without a problem.

This may indicate how ill prepared warren is for the presidency and negotiating big stakes issues. She's all proud of how she put mini mike on the spot, but she burned a bridge that may haunt her. She'd possibly screw up negotiations with world leaders in a similar manner.

I think her move against mini mike was to benefit sanders, and she might be bucking for his VP spot.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Hoping and praying that Mikey decides to take his money and go against whichever other Democrap gets the party's nomination, as a third party candidate! He's wastes even more $$$$$$$, while virtually annihilating any chance the Leftists can win the General Election. Big Grin

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Hoping and praying that Mikey decides to take his money and go against whichever other Democrap gets the party's nomination, as a third party candidate! He's wastes even more $$$$$$$, while virtually annihilating any chance the Leftists can win the General Election. Big Grin

You are not wrong. Mikey is the greatest gift to DJT there ever was.

That would split the vote even further between whatever lefty gets the nomination and mike the potato. Leading the way for the Trump train to easily crush them all.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Some had described Bloomberg's spending up to the debate "The worst $500 million ever invested" and so-on. Be that as it may: That doesn't seem to have affected his campaign spending. His TV adverts here in S.E. Michigan are still showing up at the same rate.

I will say this: He, of all of them up on the stage, realized just how poorly they were all coming across.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

That would split the vote even further between whatever lefty gets the nomination and mike the potato. Leading the way for the Trump train to easily crush them all.

I could be wrong, but I think the Trump train is going to easily crush whatever loser the Dims put up whether mini Mike plays spoiler or not. They really got nothin’ and I think deep down they all know it.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Trump did amazingly well in debates with shillary, without ever holding any office. With years of kicking ass in every department as president, he'll be so much better.

The dims are almost to the point that they'd be better off spending all their campaign money on something else like continuing to obstruct and damage his effectiveness in his second term.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I've been seeing the barrage of commercials touting his as starting his own company at 39. I wonder if he also is the only one on stage to ever hold a job. I don't know. Guess you could say Warren got a job teaching by claiming to be a minority (American Indian), but then you'd need to accept the idea of her being a professor was really an honest job. They're all politicians and I don't think that is really a job. Might be hard work, but its self centered work.

I tend to like the attacks they make. Maybe its time for Trump to point that out to the American people. They don't build things up, they destroy things.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

His Achilles is that he has the personality of a potato.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
They're all politicians and I don't think that is really a job. Might be hard work, but its self centered work.

Yeah, it's sad, really.

Our Founding Fathers left Europe and founded a new country based on limited government. The idea was to leave people free and independent. The only purpose of government was to protect individual liberty. Elected office was intended to be a brief period of service, not a career.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wanting to be a politician should disqualify anyone from being elected.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
Wanting to be a politician should disqualify anyone from being elected.

Similar to the ultimate red flag law: Wanting to own a firearm means you are too crazy to own a firearm.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
quote:

I could be wrong, but I think the Trump train is going to easily crush whatever loser the Dims put up whether mini Mike plays spoiler or not. They really got nothin’ and I think deep down they all know it.

I fully agree. Just splitting the vote will take it from looking like a NBA team playing 4th graders, to look like the NBA playing pre-K

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post